Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Looking for college Inteviewing advict & links

DM.Com friends,

Could you assist me in supporting one of my sons? He is one of 47 finalist competing for one of 5 Full Ride Scholarships via an honors program at one of the colleges he is considering.

As such, he has an interview coming up, where he will have his opportunity to shine.

From my end, I am doing my best to help him prepare...but my interviewing expertise is more from an Human Resources - Job Interviewing skills. I would assume that a University will have many of the similar questions...but perhaps a few 'Academic or University Specific' type questions.

Do any of you have some experience in this arena that you could provide me with some first hand knowledge to pass on to my son?

Do you have some internet links that may have some information to help him prepare?

As a note, I've been doing some mock interviews with him so that he can have some experience...I would like to practice with him, using more of College Interviewer Question list...

I'm lookin forward to any tips that you guys can send my way.

Thank you!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

jesus. What an opportunity! Howd he do? Sorry nobody replied man!

Good Luck man!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
jesus. What an opportunity! Howd he do? Sorry nobody replied man!

Good Luck man!
Thanks for asking.

Everything went well. Actually, both of my sons are graduating this Saturday. My younger son, who went for the honors program has been accepted into the Honors program at his school of choice. He didn't get the full ride, but he has picked up quite a few Academic Scholarships and will be a part of the school's Mens Soccer team.

My older son, has also done well. He was late getting his paperwork turned in to his school of choice, but he has managed to be the 1st on the Standby list to be moved into the Honors program at his school of choice.

Both of the guys are graduating in the top 5% of their class.

Needless to say, I am extremely proud of both of guys and I am looking forward to them taking this next step as they move on the college.

Life is full of good things and this weekend, our house will be celebrating a great milestone for our sons.

Again, thanks for asking.

Best wishes to the Class of 2009!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Thanks for asking.

Everything went well. Actually, both of my sons are graduating this Saturday. My younger son, who went for the honors program has been accepted into the Honors program at his school of choice. He didn't get the full ride, but he has picked up quite a few Academic Scholarships and will be a part of the school's Mens Soccer team.

My older son, has also done well. He was late getting his paperwork turned in to his school of choice, but he has managed to be the 1st on the Standby list to be moved into the Honors program at his school of choice.

Both of the guys are graduating in the top 5% of their class.

Needless to say, I am extremely proud of both of guys and I am looking forward to them taking this next step as they move on the college.

Life is full of good things and this weekend, our house will be celebrating a great milestone for our sons.

Again, thanks for asking.

Best wishes to the Class of 2009!!!
Just casually wondering, how did your two boys end up in the same class? It's odd to see two non-twins in the same year. Is one early in his class, and the other later? (like, September of whatever the older birthyear is of 2009... '90? and July of '91?)
Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Just casually wondering, how did your two boys end up in the same class? It's odd to see two non-twins in the same year. Is one early in his class, and the other later? (like, September of whatever the older birthyear is of 2009... '90? and July of '91?)

Older is Sep B-Day, younger is Aug B-Day...we homeschooled until the 9th grade. During the 8th grade, the boys came to us with the request to attend the local High-School.

Thus, we enrolled them both in the same grade.

The funny part, is that the Principle didn't know they where brothers until this year. The guys are complete opposites in personality, not to mention physical build.

It's been a fun ride...it aint over yet, but this milestone is fairly significant.

August, our house hits that empty nest phase...I guess I'll have even more time to post on DM.com...
Old 06-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations......... sounds like you have done a great job.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

92bDad, contratulations on a fine job of raising your sons, you should be very proud. I only had one daughter to get through college and even with scholarship help, it cost a bundle. Good luck to your sons and to you.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
The funny part, is that the Principle didn't know they where brothers until this year. The guys are complete opposites in personality, not to mention physical build.

It's been a fun ride...it aint over yet, but this milestone is fairly significant.
Homeschooled? Poor kids...

Congrats to your boys, 92bdad!

Tags
fluffy banter, good advict