Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Lay-off survivor guilt...bitter/sweet...but bummed out

I'm a bit bummed out this week.

I've stayed away from the board, first because I'm out on business, and 2nd because I'm not in the best frame of mine...(but then again, am I ever in a good frame of mine?)

Anyway,

Back in 2007, I got caught up in Company cutbacks and went through the Company Lay-Offs...fortunately by June of last year I managed to catch on with a competitor. However, with the economy, things have been fairly tight and stressed to rack in the needed sales.

Projects are on the table but nobody is placing orders.

Thus we had a hastily thrown meeting at Corporate this week, and being the latest new guy on the block, I was anticipating being another lay-off victim.

The Sweet part...I survived. The bitter part is that we had a company wide 10% Lay-off and some folks that I've developed a business friendship are out.

This is the first time that I have been on the Surviving side of a lay-off and I don't care for it. I even went up to my boss and asked if there was a way to take a pay cut in order to help with cut backs and allow others to stay on.

It appears that others in the company asked the same thing, all of us where told no.

Now I have to pick up the pieces and keep focused on my own responsibilities, and I will...but nevertheless, I dislike greatly seeing others go through the lay-off stuff.

My apologies to those of you who don't want to read this stuff, but this is me trying to be real and venting a bit.

Prayerfully/Hopefully we can each do our part to get commerce moving in a positive direction and fuel business to help people stay employed and ultimately see everyone succeed in business and life.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you. I have been on both sides of it as well. Neither side is good, but at least if you stay, you can throw yourself into your work.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter, my mind is mine?