Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2002, 05:22 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

1. said he was wearing a dallas mavs shirt, and proud of it (possibly meaning that he is going to stay)
2. nuggets won't look for a coach until july after the draft

3. said that ming was going to be a good center

4. compared nene to karl malone

5. when asked if he had the number one pick, he said that he would not take ming #1 and said he had others rated higher and specifically mentioned nene

take that for what it worth*

*If this looks exaclty like a post by JJ on LMF, that is because I cut and pasted it. I didn't see copyright on it, so F-U!!!

sorry if this has been posted
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

4. compared nene to karl malone

Why? Does he bitch and whine a lot?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Nene??
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:07 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Nene Hilario. His real first name is pretty tough. Look it up on ESPN.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:20 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Hilario the Brazilian with the 7'2" wingspan? Yeah, I'd trade NVE for him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2002, 09:51 AM   #6
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

He has a 7'4" inch wingspan.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 11:17 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Hilario is a stud. He will make millions in the NBA for a lot of years.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the ESPN draft preview for him:

<< Maybyner Hilario
POWER FORWARD | (6-9, 240) | BRAZIL

Notes: A member of the Brazilian National team, Hilario has become one of the top players in South America before the age of 20. He has played for Brazil in the South American tournament, Americas Cup and Goodwill Games. Also a member of Vasco da Gama.
Through the first 15 games of the 2001-02 season, Hilario was averaging 13.2 points and 10.1 rebounds for Vasco da Gama. He was third in the league in rebounding and blocked shots (1.7 bpg), while shooting 66.7 percent from the field. Grabbed 17 rebounds against Minas and 16 vs. Bandeirantes.

Positives: Athletically, &quot;Nene&quot; has it all. He's explosive, jumps out of the gym, crashes the boards and is an excellent shot blocker. According to several NBA scouts who've watched Hilario play, he has polished moves down on the block and runs the floor in a way that's reminiscent of a young Shawn Kemp. At 260, he has an NBA body and an incredible 7-foot-4 3/4 wingspan.

Negatives: Hilario is young and particularly raw fundamentally for an international player. He struggles with his outside shooting, isn't a great free-throw shooting (though reports he shoots like Shaq are exaggerated) and he has a knack for drawing early fouls.

Summary: Nene burst onto the scene during the 2001 Goodwill Games when he helped Brazil push the Dream Team to overtime. Scouts have kept an eye on him ever since. If he finds a way to get out of his contract with Vasco de Gama in Brazil, he could be one of the top two or three power forwards taken in the draft.
>>

Again, I'd trade NVE for him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ESPN has him projected to go No. 8. I'd give the Clippers NVE for the No. 8 pick.

Old 06-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #9
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

kg... I would too. Nene Hilario (I think) is going to be the best big man to come out of this draft class. The Mavs could gain a lot by getting him. He may only play 20 minutes a game (behind Raef), but damn he gives us a lot of the things we lack defensively (athleticism, rebounding, toughness).

Old 06-25-2002, 02:48 PM   #10
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

<< kg... I would too. Nene Hilario (I think) is going to be the best big man to come out of this draft class. The Mavs could gain a lot by getting him. He may only play 20 minutes a game (behind Raef), but damn he gives us a lot of the things we lack defensively (athleticism, rebounding, toughness). >>

I think we will have to move up into the first 6 picks to have a shot at him. How do you think we are going to be able to do that?
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:07 PM   #11
Bayliss

Mick, I don't know.... the odds of us moving into the top 6 are slim. And not sure if NVE would do it alone. We would probably have give up something more. (Like Raef or Fin, unfortunately)....

Golden State #3- Doubt it is possible but maybe we could move NVE and Wang in exchange for the number 3.

Memphis #4- I don't see any way we could get that pick

Denver #5- NVE for the number 5? It reunites NVE and McDyess.. heh heh. No chance in hell

Cleveland #6- The can't pay Miller so why would they pay NVE?

Actually, Nene will probably not go to through the first 6. Yao at 1, Jay Williams at 2, Dunleavy at 3, Good at 4, Skita at 5, Butler at 6...

Our best hope would be trading NVE for Ward and the number 7 pick. Personally I like that scenario better than NVE for Ward and Thomas.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:09 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Bayliss- I would make that trade in a hearbeat.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:11 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Bayliss - I like that trade better than Thomas/Ward too, but there's no way New York dumps their No. 7 pick, IMO. They want somebody young to rebuild around, and Nene seems to fit that bill...
Old 06-25-2002, 03:15 PM   #14
Bayliss

<< Bayliss - I like that trade better than Thomas/Ward too, but there's no way New York dumps their No. 7 pick, IMO. They want somebody young to rebuild around, and Nene seems to fit that bill... >>

Very true, that is why Nene is almost impossible to get. Unfortunately.

Old 06-25-2002, 03:16 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Never underestimate New Yorks ability to screw up their team.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:43 PM   #16
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< Our best hope would be trading NVE for Ward and the number 7 pick. Personally I like that scenario better than NVE for Ward and Thomas. >>

Don't the salaries have to match? NVE makes about $11 million and Ward makes about $5.1 million. I think they add the value of #7 but I don't think it adds up to $11 million with Wards salary. Someone has to be added to make it work. In my opinion.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:00 PM   #17
mick

Donnie was on with Fish this afternoon. Seemed to have qauite an idea as to what Nuggets will do. Reading between the lines

At #5 they are deciding between Nene and Skita.

At #17 they will take a PG. (Trade Posey to Wiz for #17).

At #25 take a young European.

Also, he pointed out again that Denver would not address the coaching situation until after the draft.

He would like to interview for the &quot;experience&quot;.

For what it's worth, didn't think Mavs would be doing any tweaking, and didn't expect any major trades for Mavs, maybe a minor one, too early to tell. Looking at the best available athelete at #55. Stojic's name came up as a possibility.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:05 PM   #18
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the update. I like dallasbasketball.com for the insight on the mavs, but I have been very disappointed in his site over the last few weeks. They haven't had any articles on any rumors, and no mention of any players in Dallas for workouts. Two thumbs down for Dallasbasketball.com over the last few weeks.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:11 PM   #19
mick

<< Thanks for the update. I like dallasbasketball.com for the insight on the mavs, but I have been very disappointed in his site over the last few weeks. They haven't had any articles on any rumors, and no mention of any players in Dallas for workouts. Two thumbs down for Dallasbasketball.com over the last few weeks. >>

I think one reason is that Fish doesn't see any major moves being made. BTW, Donnie was very high on Scola but didn't think he would be available for Mavs. Frankly, to me it sounds like that they (Nellie and Cuban) have been asking around and haven't scared up too much yet, hence my reasoning for why db.com is relatively quite. Right before something generally happens you start to see it on db.com in the articles.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:54 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'll save my comments about fish and his site for the lounge
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 07:45 PM   #21
mick

<< i think the main reason is because the site kinda sucks and fish kinda sucks... >>

Everyone has their own niche and what they can bring to the table for us fans. A lot of articles originating at dallasbasketball.com get posted here for their informational value. You yourself post there under the name Lyle in Sanger.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:52 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'll post any comments i have about fish and the site for the lounge..
Old 06-25-2002, 08:22 PM   #23
mick

<< i'll post any comments i have about fish and the site for the lounge.. >>

You have a right to your opinion, it doesn't bother me, like I said, to each his own. As for me, I like different viewpoints (even yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) and can appreciate them all, without conflicting with my own opinion.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:43 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Mike Fisher sucks balls.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:44 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

i can appreciate different viewpoints..but not from idiot jackasses like mike fisher...

oops, that was supposed to go into the lounge