Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-25-2002, 06:51 PM   #121
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

you just can't admit that you're wrong so you throw out some more b.s.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2002, 06:53 PM   #122
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

As the bigger man, I decline to continue this.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 06:56 PM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

let's see..first, you say he's not a theat to hit the three

second, you say you're trying to yank someone's chaing

third, you say he's not a three point threat..

what's fourth?

you're really not worth debating with.

if you can manage to throw out a decent sports idea.. send me a message and let me know.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:37 PM   #124
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< MavKiki and Drbio,
I know what you all mean, it doesn't make sense. Did he have some sort of roster bonus in his contract? Was the last year not guaranteed? Those are the only ideas I have come up with.
>>

His salary for next year would have been guaranteed had he been on the roster July 1.

My guess is that it doesn't really hurt their trading prospects, because the only players with non-negligible salaries that would be included in most plausible trades are just NVE and Bradley, who if he's actually playing 25 minutes a game, is a considerable bargain at $4 mil for a center (and whose salary actually is quite lower this year and next than it was last year... less than $4 mil). I think that although having Manning as trade filler would have given the Mavs increased flexibility, his $1.5 mil price tag is less than the maximum cash considerations allowable, and most teams would rather take the cash than Manning at this point. In the current scenario Cuban does not have to pay the $3.1 mil in salary over the next two years, only the potential cash in a trade.

So there's my theory.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:47 PM   #125
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes sense, plus it reduces the luxury tax level on the team...not that the Mavs are even going to come close to being under the luxury threshold.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote