Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2002, 10:17 AM   #1
joe_d2567

joe_d2567 is on a distinguished road

Dirk Nowitzki to ck in the homeland
Press conference with the NBA Superstar in the basketball center

It cannot be my task to appear as a main sponsor with x-rays. It concerns to me more the new generation worknot only in Wurzburg, but in completely Germany. With this clear statement Dirk Nowitzki let final ltig all that one grow silent hopefully, in the past weeks always again the well meant but little helpful advice gave the 24-year old NBA Superstar has nevertheless enough money in order to repair the financial concerns and N width unit of the Wurzburger Basketballer.

The operation at the left Kn chel ran well, but the participation of Dirk Nowitzki with the basketball world championship is nevertheless not yet in dry T chern. I can run of course again, but of I am still far to basketball plays, said the 24-J hrige of the Dallas Mavericks. He hopes, into until two weeks training with its Individual coach Holger Geschwindner again takes up to k nnen, but we m ssen only are waiting ourselves, like the healing process developed.

Before it coaches of the national team Hendrik Dettmann, that with the Gro part the German WM cadre (brigens also Marvin Willoughby was nominated) to 19. July in Heidelberg with the preparation program begins, a definite promise to give can be examined, must the operated, with which after Dirks statement three weeks ago some Knochenauwchse were removed, again by the physician of the Mavericks. If there are still problems, the club will give, made me no release for the WM the NBA star the Priorit ten clearly.

The Mavericks, with which the W locked more rzburger a six-annual contract with a total content of 90 million dollar, is my employer and has the final say. If he gets nes light from the association gr, the 24-J wants hrige on 11 August in time to the Supercup in Braunschweig to the WM cadre sto EN. The world championship finds from 29 August to 8 September in Indianapolis instead of.

Also the national team and the world championship are very important to me, stressed Germany Basketballer number 1, it for me always very much Spa made to play f r Germany. Much Spa had the 24-J hrige also in the NBA season run off, in which he errreichte with the Mavericks for the second time in consequence the Playoffs and was allowed for the first time in his career in prestigetr the chtigen universe star Game of the NBA to participate: That was a giant experience, thus is one mine gr ten Tr ume into Erf llung gone

Only it harms that the Playoffs was hnlich fast terminated in the second round against the Sacramento Kings as in the previous year: We had more planned. Unfortunately the end came very fast, berschattet nat rlich our season. One season, in which the Mavericks made attentive not only in Dallas, but in completely America on itsel. Before a few years still no cock ht after us gekr, but in the meantime we are in Dallas the absolute crew number 1 (before the professional teams in the football, baseball and ice hockey) and have also in the entire USA by our offensive play way won. In Dallas Dirk became, that on Wednesday its 24. Birthday celebrated brings straight for the second time Year "the in consequence as" pro Athlete OF excellently.
The national team and NBA season run off, also the concerns x-rays were not only topic with more than once the ndigen press conference. It cannot be my task to appear as a main sponsor with x-rays. It concerns to me more the new generation work, not only into Wurzburg, but in completely Germany, Dirk answered German to the question of an Horfunk reporter. And also the suggestion, its contacts in the USA and NBA player from the third or fourth row after W nevertheless uses Wurzburg gets, gave the 24-J a hrige clear refusal: I do not think that that x-rays help w rde. Here seen players and talents from Germany and from the region in the center stand.

To times, and Dirk Nowitzki still of a NBA career and with the DJK Wurzburg in the second basketball federal league on basket hunt went, it to f nf years long by the donation German sport assistance lowest one tzt. That was always a very nice pocket money, meant Nowitzki, that from gratitude. Anschubfinanzierung of its sporty career the amount in H he of accurately 4856.92 euro (approximately 9500 Marks) to the sport assistance to ckzahlte. The cheque fencing olympia winner Matthias Behr took against, to that the basketball star then also directly as a member number 541 in the club of the former Athleten of the German sport assistance (emadeus) begr EN could from German into English

Much time to rest does not remain more rzburger for the W in its summer break. Principal reason daf r is apart from training and WM preparation the Dirk Nowitzki basketball Academy. Into co-operation with SPRITE the NBA star seeks to be invited with Streetball tournaments into seven German talented player, then to basketball Camps. From the 48 best players of these Camps f have nf new generation talents the chance, itself f r one training week in the USA too at the time of the conclusion meeting from 19 to 22 September in
Wurzburg.

Around basketball-specific projects and the new generation work better f rdern k nnen, have the W more rzburger, the k rzlich its million-contract with the American sports article manufacturer NIKE (Dirk: That is f r me the best mark, I is thereby grown up) around four years verl ngert, in its second homeland Dallas the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation gegr ndet. Thus I have the M glichkeit, also projects in Germany too lowest tzen, said to Nowitzki

One of these projects is nat rlich the development of the W of rzburger basketball centers, with that the NBA star particularly with the Innenaustattung (parkettboden, basket plants) to help wants. I hope that gro the e resounds demn becomes chst finished, the roof in the meantime already am drauf. Here are many tournaments and mA took by the German basketball federation planned Wurzburg as basketball location.
joe_d2567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

tell dirk to speak in english next time
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:42 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This makes my head hurt.

I did flesh out that Dirk acknowledged the Mavs have the right to tell him whether or not he can play. Sounds familiar huh?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:13 PM   #4
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

i got lost after the first couple of paragraphs.

can someone please post a summary, in english....?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
DTL
Diamond Member

still, thanks to joe_d for letting us know what dirk's up to this summer
Old 06-24-2002, 02:08 PM   #6
Linde

Linde is on a distinguished road

there is a summary at
http://www.dallasbasketball.com
Dying Fetus, Skinless / Neurotic DF / Devourment / FTC / Undergrind Freakfest ? / Deathfeast / Misery Index / Obscene Extreme / Dong / Mountains Of Death / NRW DF / Luha DF / Bloodshed / Grind Gütiger
Linde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:40 PM   #7
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Here's another stab at it
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:31 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

joe_d2567 - welcome to the board.

David- thanks for the link!
Old 06-24-2002, 06:33 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Dirk repaid a salary that he got for playing in germany so that someone else could benefit. Dirk is an outstanding role model. Great character move Dirk![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 11:04 PM   #10
DTL
Diamond Member

it's great Dirk's really helping out with basketball development back home.

but where's Wurzburg anyway?
Old 06-24-2002, 11:14 PM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< but where's Wurzburg anyway? >>

Germany
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:50 PM   #12
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Ditto-

<< tell dirk to speak in english next time >>

Murph- sometimes you just kill me with your dry sense of humor.

I come to this site just to laugh sometimes after a bad day. The personalities here are amazing.

Thank you.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:41 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kat, it's my pleasure.
Sometimes I come on here just to make myself laugh
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote