Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-25-2002, 02:00 PM   #1
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Here's the background on all off-season moves.

1. Wang plays summer league for somebody and actually starts to understand defense and rebounding.

2. Bradley really was embarassed by his "performance" last year and does stay in Dallas this year working in the weight room and learning a hookshot.

3. Eschmeyer gets married in July and his wife tells him not to come home until Mavs get past the second round of playoffs. He becomes a terror on the boards and knocks Shaq out.

4. Benny Hinn stops by the training room and TAW,Buck, and Griff are all healed.

5. All of our FA/RFA are resigned except for Newman.

6. Nick likes Dallas, begs to stay, and signs up for defense 101.

7. Dirk makes his normal summer improvement, learns to pass and ends up teaching defense 101.

8. Nash oversleeps, misses the cut-off date for the WC, and in frustration, joins Bradley in the weight room.

9. AJ goes on the IL and runs all practices for Nellie.

10. Harris goes to Denver.

11. Donn goes to Europe and China as goodwill ambassodor for NBA for one year, and runs coaching clinic in China to appease them for the Wang summer debacle.

12. In the second round, we pick a 20 year old European who stays over there for another year.

ROSTER
C: Wang/Bradley/EE
PF: Raef/EE/Najera
SF: Dirk/TAW/Najera
SG: Finley/TAW/Griffin
PG: Nash/Nick/Buck
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

if the mavs go into next year with that roster...
well, let's just say that they won't compete for a title...they'll be looking at another 2nd round exit unless the kings and the lakers play each other in the second round..then they'll be looking at a WC exit
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:12 PM   #3
mick

<< if the mavs go into next year with that roster...
well, let's just say that they won't compete for a title...they'll be looking at another 2nd round exit unless the kings and the lakers play each other in the second round..then they'll be looking at a WC exit
>>

Now, Murph, don't take everything so seriously! Loosen up a bit and enjoy life.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:19 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i do enjoy life..but that doesn't change my opinion of the mavs going into next year if they fail to address their main issues
Old 06-25-2002, 02:27 PM   #5
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

oh in will be extremely mad if we don't pull off a trade.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:31 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

That roster doesent bother me. I really wanna see how we work out and see how good of a team we really are after off season adn 40 games of working together. LOL @Murph

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

i don't need another season to show me that the mavs need help on the interior defensively. we've already seen that the past couple of years
Old 06-25-2002, 02:35 PM   #8
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

pull the thomas deal and were in business.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

What ever happened to the Keon Clark talk? Sign him for the exception and there is ur interior defense murph.

1996-2005
Old 06-25-2002, 02:45 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

oh in will be extremely mad if we don't pull off a trade.

or at least some damn good signings. We MUST change to improve.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:46 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

i think clark is a better shot blocker than he is an overall defender.. but, if i could get him for the exception, i would make that move...
Old 06-25-2002, 02:48 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

And please is tehre anyone Nellie makes Bradely go to summer league? I mean he isnt a young player but he has to go and improve something instead of going to camp with his kids. If he is gonna get get paid 40 mill the least he could do is play summer league.

1996-2005
Old 06-25-2002, 03:05 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Bradley isn't tired for sure. I see no reason why he couldn't.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:09 PM   #14
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

good post, mick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 03:42 PM   #15
mick

<< good post, mick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

Thanks. Just trying to break the tension of the last few days on the board and have a little fun.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:30 PM   #16
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< 3. Eschmeyer gets married in July and his wife tells him not to come home until Mavs get past the second round of playoffs. He becomes a terror on the boards and knocks Shaq out. >>

Hahaha. Nice.

<< 4. Benny Hinn stops by the training room and TAW,Buck, and Griff are all healed. >>

I think we'd need Jesus Christ himself for something this miraculous