Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2002, 05:48 AM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I don't want to see the Mavs break up a 57 game winning team following some pipe dream. If something sure fire isn't there, don't force anything.

I guess this fear comes from Nellie at Golden State when he needed a big guy real bad and decided to upgrade his team by trading his SG, Mitch Richmond, for an upgrade, an unproven, yet, as it turns out, pie-in-the-sky, 6'10" big guy, Billy Owens.

It sure looked like it would work. Owens was from Syracuse and had all the hype. Only thing is, he had no where near the career Richmond had. GS should have built upon the team they had rather than taking a piece of the foundation away.

Specifically, don't trade Fin to move up in the draft. Build around Fin/Dirk/Nash/Raef. My opinion.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i would also like to see the mavs build around the big four..dirk, raef, fin, and nash.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:25 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoa Nellie!

David, murph and I all in agreement. Cool.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 08:33 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

david and i agree more often than not

it's just that SA/NVE incident last year that he was wrong about that people still remember

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 05:39 PM   #5
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< david and i agree more often than not

it's just that SA/NVE incident last year that he was wrong about that people still remember

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

I agree with that too. It's just that SA/NVE incident last year that he was wrong about that people still remember.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 06:13 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote