Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'll continue with devils advocate on this topic...

Low ball him? I'm a little confused by that. He was getting paid pennies at Houston, and came here unproven in terms of consistency and had a massive pay increase. He has already been overpaid to come here based on potential and still hasn't shown consistency. He has shown trends, but that's it. So; Injured, trending upwards, Then injured.. then max out pay day?!

I do like him, I wish he was more aggressive most of the time in several areas but I like him overall. I just worry that we max him, and then Injury again.

I'm not sold on the scenario that we Max out Parsons coming off two injuries because there isn't anyone quite as good as he could be potentially, if he becomes and remains healthy. I'm leaning towards let him go if he isn't willing to work reasonably and get the next best thing with less risk of missing games.
None of that matters when the market says he's getting max offers from other teams. The mavs have no alternative options. Let Parsons walk and forget attracting ANY notable free agents this season and increase the chance Dirk is not in a Mavs uniform in October.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-23-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
None of that matters when the market says he's getting max offers from other teams. The mavs have no alternative options. Let Parsons walk and forget attracting ANY notable free agents this season and increase the chance Dirk is not in a Mavs uniform in October.
That's one picture, but then he and his contract are strapped to us long after we have wasted the last year of Dirk. So we gamble a big portion of the next 4-5 years of the franchise strictly on getting the last year (maybe two) of Dirk in a Mavs uni?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That's one picture, but then he and his contract are strapped to us long after we have wasted the last year of Dirk. So we gamble a big portion of the next 4-5 years of the franchise strictly on getting the last year (maybe two) of Dirk in a Mavs uni?
There's no alternative to the SF position. We'll be on knees for lower tier FA to fill out the roster. With Dirk gone, Mavs would be a lottery team at least the next 2 seasons and at that point we could be in the same position regardless. Might as well give him what he wants.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-23-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote