Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
I still think that if the Mavs don’t draft a PF that they will target Capela.

C - Capela
PF - JJJ
SF - Barnes
SG - Wes
PG - DSJ
I think you may have mis-typed that one. But JJJ would be drafted to slide in to a stretch 5 role on this team. His defense and body are good enough to hold that position down. I think he is a very intriguing prospect given his ability to knock down outside shots, along with his know defense and sneaky athleticism.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think you may have mis-typed that one. But JJJ would be drafted to slide in to a stretch 5 role on this team. His defense and body are good enough to hold that position down. I think he is a very intriguing prospect given his ability to knock down outside shots, along with his know defense and sneaky athleticism.

Why can’t you play JJJ at the 4? He’s more than capable. Of all the things that JJJ does well he’s not a very strong rebounder. So the Mavs are still going to need to address that. Capela would solve the rebounding problems. Jackson and Capela both play strong defense too. Also with Jackson’s ability to stretch the floor spacing wouldn’t be an issue.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Why can’t you play JJJ at the 4? He’s more than capable. Of all the things that JJJ does well he’s not a very strong rebounder. So the Mavs are still going to need to address that. Capela would solve the rebounding problems. Jackson and Capela both play strong defense too. Also with Jackson’s ability to stretch the floor spacing wouldn’t be an issue.
I think he fits in the modern NBA, and specifically this Mavs team, as a stretch 5. I think his rebounding numbers suffered with his playing time as a result of foul trouble.

For example, if the Mavs were to draft JJJ, I'd fully expect him to start at the 5, running mostly with Powell and Dirk.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think he fits in the modern NBA, and specifically this Mavs team, as a stretch 5. I think his rebounding numbers suffered with his playing time as a result of foul trouble.

For example, if the Mavs were to draft JJJ, I'd fully expect him to start at the 5, running mostly with Powell and Dirk.

I definitely think he fits as a stretch 5 but he also fits as a stretch 4 in today’s NBA. Wether he plays the 4 or 5 he’s going to need a strong rebounder playing next to him. So even if it’s not Capela (who fits Rick’s system perfectly) they are going to need to target someone that can rebound.

There are rumors that the Mavs are trying to trade for another pick in the top 10. They are said to be looking to take on a bad contract in order to gain a pick. Would Cleveland be willing to give up 8 if the Mavs take on Tristan Thompson? Obviously the Mavs May have to give up a top 10 protected pick in 2019. Tristan could be that rebounder while the Mavs use that extra pick on Mikal Bridges or MPJ.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote