Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #161
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
This still doesn't even come close to my definition of break the bank. Yes, under certain circumstances the Mavs could do a SNT with Detroit. But to do this the Mavs must lose players close to the contract that Billups would sign, and the trading must be done with Detroit -- ie Dumars gets to be involved. Also, let's just agree up front that Billups doesn't take the MLE, so the Mavs cannot just sign him outright.

76. Can a free agent be signed and immediately traded?

Under no circumstances can a team sign and then trade another team's free agent. But there is a rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under the sign-and-trade rule, the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract which stipulates that the contract is invalid if the player's rights are not traded to the specific team within 48 hours.

No other team can just SNT him only the Pistons. Any team under the Salary cap by the amount that he would sign for... ie close to max, can sign him. Not the teams under the luxury cap, the ones under the salary cap. IE their are only a few (I think 4 ) teams actually far enough under the cap at this time. These are the only teams that can sign Billups to a FA deal....those and the Pistons. The Pistons using his Bird rights can sign him to any salary they want, including going well over the luxury tax. The Pistons have the right to trade him within 48 hrs to any team, provided that the Pistons will take back within 125% of the amount of salary for the first year of the trade. If Billups signs for say 70 million over 5 years, starting at 12 million with an increase of 1mill every year, then the Pistons would have to take back 9.6m in salary for next year minimum.

Net increase in salary -- 12 - 9.6 = 2.4M Now 2.4M would more than break my bank account, but I don't think that amount is party money during his single days for Cuban.
So although he could be acquired, lets face it, it wouldn't break the bank.

Now, let's go with the odds.
Billups takes the MLE -- 1 in forget it too many 0's.
Billups signs with one of the few teams under the cap --- 1 in 200
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT -- 1 in 80
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT - Detroit decides to take back close to max salary because they can gain players/picks, Dallas is the team that offers the best players/picks/salary structure, and somehow the best team in the east and the best team in the west want to break up core players --- 1 in too many 0's.
Billups signs with the Pistons and they just pay the tax. --- 1 in 2

Possible yes -- I really think that the odds are better that we are involved in a nuclear war with Iran and their is no NBA season, than Billups ending up in Dallas next year - although I must agree it is a possibility no matter how unlikely.

Good reading for novices on the Salary cap:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Oh yea, I'm about 40 as well, and Silk it would have been much easier to just admit you were wrong up front than make this into a long thread about something that odds are against ever happening.
dalmations202,
Go re-read my thread I created and break down which part was wrong. It seems that you maybe just scanning through, but it all comes from the name of the thread.

Quote:
This still doesn't even come close to my definition of break the bank. .
Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is NOT your definition that the title of the thread was meant for. It was mine, so how can someone change it to fit their definition?

You when you talk odds, that has nothing to do with what I said at all. I mentioned a possible player coming to the Mavs. Nothing else. Everything else was twisted from there.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #162
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This still doesn't even come close to my definition of break the bank. Yes, under certain circumstances the Mavs could do a SNT with Detroit. But to do this the Mavs must lose players close to the contract that Billups would sign, and the trading must be done with Detroit -- ie Dumars gets to be involved. Also, let's just agree up front that Billups doesn't take the MLE, so the Mavs cannot just sign him outright.

76. Can a free agent be signed and immediately traded?

Under no circumstances can a team sign and then trade another team's free agent. But there is a rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under the sign-and-trade rule, the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract which stipulates that the contract is invalid if the player's rights are not traded to the specific team within 48 hours.

No other team can just SNT him only the Pistons. Any team under the Salary cap by the amount that he would sign for... ie close to max, can sign him. Not the teams under the luxury cap, the ones under the salary cap. IE their are only a few (I think 4 ) teams actually far enough under the cap at this time. These are the only teams that can sign Billups to a FA deal....those and the Pistons. The Pistons using his Bird rights can sign him to any salary they want, including going well over the luxury tax. The Pistons have the right to trade him within 48 hrs to any team, provided that the Pistons will take back within 125% of the amount of salary for the first year of the trade. If Billups signs for say 70 million over 5 years, starting at 12 million with an increase of 1mill every year, then the Pistons would have to take back 9.6m in salary for next year minimum.

Net increase in salary -- 12 - 9.6 = 2.4M Now 2.4M would more than break my bank account, but I don't think that amount is party money during his single days for Cuban.
So although he could be acquired, lets face it, it wouldn't break the bank.

Now, let's go with the odds.
Billups takes the MLE -- 1 in forget it too many 0's.
Billups signs with one of the few teams under the cap --- 1 in 200
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT -- 1 in 80
Billups convinces Detroit to do a SNT - Detroit decides to take back close to max salary because they can gain players/picks, Dallas is the team that offers the best players/picks/salary structure, and somehow the best team in the east and the best team in the west want to break up core players --- 1 in too many 0's.
Billups signs with the Pistons and they just pay the tax. --- 1 in 2

Possible yes -- I really think that the odds are better that we are involved in a nuclear war with Iran and their is no NBA season, than Billups ending up in Dallas next year - although I must agree it is a possibility no matter how unlikely.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Oh yea, I'm about 40 as well, and Silk it would have been much easier to just admit you were wrong up front than make this into a long thread about something that odds are against ever happening.

Quote:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm.
I posted that same link earlier in the thread as well..
Old 05-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #163
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Go re-read my thread I created and break down which part was wrong.
I'll do it for Dalm.

The part where you stated the Mavs might break the bank for Billups through free agency. That was wrong.

The parts where you've stated that Cuban can find loopholes in the salary cap to sign Billups above the MLE. Those are also wrong.

The parts where you continue to insist that the rules of the Salary Cap are some intricate, impossible to know set of quasi-rules, that none of us understand. You are wrong there as well.

Edit to add:

You were also wrong:

here:
Quote:
He will be 31 this year, so I dont expect a true break the bank number to get him.
(not necessarily wrong yet, but you will be. And you contradicted your previous comments, which is funny)

here:
Quote:
I understand the cap, but what I am saying is that I feel that Cuban is going to break the bank this year at all costs.
You clearly do not understand the cap

here:
Quote:
I am still waiting for the exact rules that state that the Mavs cant sign Billups from free agency....I sure as hell cant read the NBA trade/free agent rules to know the loop holes and whatnots on how everything works, but you are saying you can
You were already given rules, and yes you CAN read the rules of the CBA.

here:
Quote:
From what I understand, that is before they start to pay the luxury tax. If this was the case, then how do teams get to
As I've said before, this is the key point. You thought the luxury tax was the only form of spending limit there was. Which is fine, if you'd just admit it.

You've also been wrong every time you claimed that people twisted your words, and every times you've claimed that you were not CreditXpert.

That's a lot of wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-18-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #164
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dalmations202,
Go re-read my thread I created and break down which part was wrong. It seems that you maybe just scanning through, but it all comes from the name of the thread.
Thig did a better job than I can in breaking it down. Just for you, I did go back and reread the entire thread though, and I stand by what I wrote.

Quote:
Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is NOT your definition that the title of the thread was meant for. It was mine, so how can someone change it to fit their definition?

You when you talk odds, that has nothing to do with what I said at all. I mentioned a possible player coming to the Mavs. Nothing else. Everything else was twisted from there.
Let me Quote Bill Clinton here " I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
Also "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Break the bank means spend outlandishly and Break Bank and pay Billups means to spend outlandishly to get Billups, and Mark doesn't have the luxury to do that for Billups if as you put it in your first #1 thread -- you keep the core intact. Cuban, as stated by many here, can only spend the MLE on him, and everyone agrees that Billups will command more than that.

Quote:
I posted that same link earlier in the thread as well..
cool, if you will read all of it, you might get an understanding of how the CBA works.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #165
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Thig did a better job than I can in breaking it down. Just for you, I did go back and reread the entire thread though, and I stand by what I wrote.

Let me Quote Bill Clinton here " I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Break the bank means spend outlandishly and Break Bank and pay Billups means to spend outlandishly to get Billups, and Mark doesn't have the luxury to do that for Billups if as you put it in your first #1 thread -- you keep the core intact. Cuban, as stated by many here, can only spend the MLE on him, and everyone agrees that Billups will command more than that.

cool, if you will read all of it, you might get an understanding of how the CBA works.
Lets say the situation that Chum proposed happens, then what? Are you saying that Chum needs to learn the CBA more as well? Because Chum clearly pointed out a couple of situations where by "Your Standards" would be breaking the bank.

Now if we were really wanted to get deep, then as I read this thread, there are several people here who claim to be experts in the CBA. Please dont use the you just know the basics, because the basics is not what some deals are done with. It is the other advanced portion that can render many players at different places. Because clearly, it seems that most think that CBA is cut and dry just by reading it. I have a good hunch it is NOT that simple. If it was, then I would use the same reasoning and say that it is 100% impossible to sign Billups like several have suggested.

So, why is it that some of the proposed experts here have NOT attacked those posts. I wonder, because it seems that this thread is just about one-sided, but I see that Chum and couple of others pointed out some situations that it could happen.

Let me make an example as well:

You want to start your own 17under AAU team, and your first player you want to get is a tough center who can anchor your team. You choose to get a 6'3 center with alot of size, so that is who you choose. I on the other hand, tell you that you are stupid because you need to get a tough center who is at least 6'7 in order to compete. Where did I go wrong at when I called you stupid? Simple, solution. It is YOUR team. It does not matter what I think, you are the one who felt the 6'3 player is the best fit for YOUR team.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #166
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #167
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Let me make an example as well:

You want to start your own 17under AAU team, and your first player you want to get is a tough center who can anchor your team. You choose to get a 6'3 center with alot of size, so that is who you choose. I on the other hand, tell you that you are stupid because you need to get a tough center who is at least 6'7 in order to compete. Where did I go wrong at when I called you stupid? Simple, solution. It is YOUR team. It does not matter what I think, you are the one who felt the 6'3 player is the best fit for YOUR team.
The WTF cherry on top of a WTF thread.

Seriously, WTF?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #168
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I really seriously think this thread should be closed, because it cannot get any better. Think of it as retiring a jersey.

IB4TL
Old 05-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #169
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This can be the Barry Sanders of all threads.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-18-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #170
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

dalmations202,
Lil Small talk here:
How do you feel about the limitation of deferred compensation when it comes to signing free agents? Can you see how it could help get Billups here?

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-18-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #171
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dalmations202,
Lil Small talk here:
How do you feel about the limitation of deferred compensation when it comes to signing free agents? Can you see how it could help get Billups here?
Well, I can't speak for Dalm, but I don't see how it would help here. Deferred compensation is applied to the cap in the year it is earned, not in the year it is paid. So you can give a guy a one year contract for 100 million dollars, and defer all but one dollor of it for 100 hundred years, and that 100 million will stil count towards the cap that season.

So even with deferred compensation, we STILL can't give Billups more than the MLE in free agency.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #172
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
If the Mavs decide to break the bank this off-season and keep the core intact, then I say break the bank on Billips. He brings toughness, defense, leadership, big shot taker and will post guards down low.

I think Billips is the best fit for the Mavs coming from the free agency market. If we get Billips, then I say get a true SG for Harris. Maybe trade Harris for Maggette.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

1. Billips-------PG
2. Howard----SG
3. Magette----SF
4. Dirk--------PF
5. Damp/Diop--Center

Now look at the bench...Terry/Stack/Diop/DJ and company.

I really like this line-up if we are not going to get rid of Dirk or Howard. I see this line-up winning it all. I see Billips being the on-floor leader that we are missing, plus his experience and toughness would be nice, plus I think Billips would be an Avery guy.

98. Can I get a copy of the actual Collective Bargaining Agreement?

The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a very long legal contract between the league and the Players Association, and is written in dense legalese. It is my hope that this FAQ answers all your questions. However, if you really want the CBA, it is available from the Players Association's web site at http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php. At the time of this writing, bound copies of the CBA are not available from the league office.

Unfortunately, the CBA doesn't answer every question. The NBA, like most organizations, has by-laws, which are separate and apart from whatever contracts it may make with other entities such as the Players Association. Many of the rules are contained in the NBA By-Laws, and in a third document, the NBA Constitution. While it is possible for the public to obtain the CBA, the league office says the By-Laws and Constitution are absolutely off-limits.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #173
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
98. Can I get a copy of the actual Collective Bargaining Agreement?

The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a very long legal contract between the league and the Players Association, and is written in dense legalese. It is my hope that this FAQ answers all your questions. However, if you really want the CBA, it is available from the Players Association's web site at http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles.php. At the time of this writing, bound copies of the CBA are not available from the league office.

Unfortunately, the CBA doesn't answer every question. The NBA, like most organizations, has by-laws, which are separate and apart from whatever contracts it may make with other entities such as the Players Association. Many of the rules are contained in the NBA By-Laws, and in a third document, the NBA Constitution. While it is possible for the public to obtain the CBA, the league office says the By-Laws and Constitution are absolutely off-limits.
So, what you're saying with this post, is that the CBA is so complex that is can't be understood by mere people.

There may certainly be language in the CBA that is difficult to understand. But the information as it relates to the salary cap is VERY well understood and dissected. There are no loop holes. If there were, teams over the salary cap would use them.

Why are you continuing to argue this?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #174
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am so blissfully ignorant on this subject. It's great.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #175
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Why are you continuing to argue this?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #176
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to capitalcity again.

I have to admit that was a funny as* picture.

I am back to normal, that laugh to me made everything here alright. I apologize to everyone. Sometimes laughter is the best cure. Nows lets get back to OUR Mavs....All is forgiven...

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-18-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #177
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Jee, thanks for your forgiveness.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #178
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #179
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jee, thanks for your forgiveness.....
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jthig32 again.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #180
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Silk Smoov- You say that reports are saying that the Mavs are gearing up to get Billups, would you mind posting a link where you got that info from? I hadn't heard anything about that, and I'd hate to be uninformed.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #181
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Exactly. The path to the Finals is a lot easier playing in the East. May be people think because the Pistons didn't break the bank for Big Ben that they'll do the same for Billups? And its not like Silk Smoove is the only guy. There are a lot of people in Dallas who keep bringing up Billups including radio personality's and i'm just not seeing any logical way of him getting here.
Here you go. Here above Dtownsfinest has heard the same thing around here. I dont know of any published links, but it has been floating around pretty constantly here.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #182
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Silk Smoov- You say that reports are saying that the Mavs are gearing up to get Billups, would you mind posting a link where you got that info from? I hadn't heard anything about that, and I'd hate to be uninformed.
Smoov claims to be privy to some sort of inside info with the Mavs. He's never divulged where he gets this from, but he claims it.

I for one haven't heard a single person on the radio discuss Billups, beyond "this team needs a PG, wouldn't it be nice if they could get Billups somehow".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #183
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

well if two people on here mention it--with the second citing the first as reference--it must be true. i don't expect everyone to understand this point, as it is written in dense legalese, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #184
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Smoov claims to be privy to some sort of inside info with the Mavs. He's never divulged where he gets this from, but he claims it.

I for one haven't heard a single person on the radio discuss Billups, beyond "this team needs a PG, wouldn't it be nice if they could get Billups somehow".
It is just another implausable assertions that Bob guy dont know
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #185
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
It is just another implausable assertions that Bob guy dont know
Translation, anyone?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #186
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Translation, anyone?
i don't expect everyone to understand this point, as it is written in dense legalese, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #187
bobatundi
Golden Member

I have a friend that teaches special ed. I'll ask her if she can translate.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #188
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

I feel like I've lost about 20 IQ points reading this thread.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #189
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

When Billups loses to the Spurs again in the Finals this year. He will not want to stay in Detroit. He will instead, sign with Dallas to have four chances during the year to beat up on Tony Parker =]

On a serious note, we lack size/athleticsm from our guards. Gerald Wallace would be an amazing pick up, it would push Josh Howard down to the 2 spot and we would have the most athletic wings in the NBA in Gerald/Jho. Looking at the Bobcats, they need a proven scorer, a vet and I would give up JET for Wallace in a heartbeat. (also Stack is a UNC guy ahem MJ)

One athletic 2/3 (like a Gerald Wallace) and a three point shooter (like a Jason Kapono) is what we need.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #190
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
I feel like I've lost about 20 IQ points reading this thread.
Just out of curiosity, how many do you have left?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #191
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Just out of curiosity, how many do you have left?

More than the unnamed person who neg-rep'd me for that comment
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #192
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

if the pistons win this series, there is no way he leaves detroit. He the cavs win, billups might walk.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #193
Henry_VIII

Jerry : So were going to make the Post Office pay for my new stereo?
Kramer : It's just a write off for them.
Jerry : How is it a write off?
Kramer : They just write it off.
Jerry : Write it off what?
Kramer : Jerry all these big companies they write off everything
Jerry : You don't even know what a write off is.
Kramer : Do you?
Jerry : No. I don't.
Kramer : But they do and they are the ones writing it off.
Jerry : I wish I just had the last twenty seconds of my life back.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 AM   #194
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Hey, did anybody hear the rumor that Cuban was spotted in Detroit Monday night after the Pistons-Cavs game? He and Billips were seen leaving the Palace in an armored car (you know, the kind that carries lots of money around). Apparently, the bank has officially been broken and Cuban has worked through the legalese.

Go billips! Go Mavs!
Closed Thread

Tags
classic threads