Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold
Default Break Bank and pay Billips...

If the Mavs decide to break the bank this off-season and keep the core intact, then I say break the bank on Billips. He brings toughness, defense, leadership, big shot taker and will post guards down low.

I think Billips is the best fit for the Mavs coming from the free agency market. If we get Billips, then I say get a true SG for Harris. Maybe trade Harris for Maggette.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

1. Billips-------PG
2. Howard----SG
3. Magette----SF
4. Dirk--------PF
5. Damp/Diop--Center

Now look at the bench...Terry/Stack/Diop/DJ and company.

I really like this line-up if we are not going to get rid of Dirk or Howard. I see this line-up winning it all. I see Billips being the on-floor leader that we are missing, plus his experience and toughness would be nice, plus I think Billips would be an Avery guy.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

How do we break the bank, exactly?

Got some loophole in the salary cap we can use?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This is almost a creditexpertish post.

The only free agents that fit the Mavs needs, will have to accept the MLE or veteran's minimum.

Otherwise, you're going to need to work up a sign and trade with the other team.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Worst free agent and cap research ever
Old 05-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

CreditXpert2003 --> Banned October 2006
Silk Smoov --> Joined November 2006

Just sayin....

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-15-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Creditexper2003 --> Banned October 2006
Silk Smoov --> Joined November 2006

Just sayin....
I think Smoov was involved in that crazy expert thread, if I remember correctly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I think Smoov was involved in that crazy expert thread, if I remember correctly.
I don't think so. I think they are the same poster.

If not, then they just happen to be two guys that both A) claim to have inside connections with the Mavericks and B) seem to not really understand the CBA.

They also seem intent to let people know they have some higher level of basketball knowledge...i.e. guru/expert.

Its either a coincidence, or they are the same poster.

Last edited by mary; 05-15-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

If so, then they just happen to be two guys that both A) claim to have inside connections with the Mavericks and B) seem to not really understand the CBA.

Its a weird combination.
Very true. I need to find that thread.....I could've sworn he was involved in it.

Edit: You're right, Silk joined on 11/01, well after those huge Expert threads. Mary might just be on to something....

It's pretty amazing that someone could care enough about basketball to post over 500 messages on this board, and not know something so simple about how the NBA salary cap works.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-15-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Sign and trade Devin Harris and Erick Dampier for Billups and McDyess.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

There is no way we get Billups by signing him, we are way over thew cap. And there is no way they accept that trade jayC. We aren't getting Billups, the Pistons will re-sign him.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We can take out a mortgage and sign Vinsanity too.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #12
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If not, then they just happen to be two guys that both A) claim to have inside connections with the Mavericks and B) seem to not really understand the CBA.

They also seem intent to let people know they have some higher level of basketball knowledge...i.e. guru/expert.

Its either a coincidence, or they are the same poster.
Not fair to tease me like that. I haven't laughed that hard since creditexpert was banned. That guy was hilarious.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

When you cut him the check, be sure you spell his name right.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #14
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Lol... seems like some of you guys still haven't graduated Basketball 501
Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
When you cut him the check, be sure you spell his name right.
lol. Also a solid point.

I was so taken aback by the other stuff I didn't even notice.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

We're assuming the Pistons no longer want Billups right? I'm sure they can find a solid point guard of Billup's caliber in free agency for the mid-level. Everyone wants Billups but fail to realize that the Pistons aren't giving him up and rightfully so.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #17
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

doubt pistons let him go. didnt Rip hamilton say he wont play unless billups is resigned.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I will change my avatar to a pink tutu if any of the following happen:

A) The Mavs acquire Billups this offseason.
B) The Pistons sign and trade (only available option unless Billups is stupid and takes the MLE) Billups to the Mavericks.

Really A and B are the same thing. But if it happens I'm a tutu avatar wearing fool for the 2007/2008 season.

It ain't happening anywhere besides silks dreams.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #19
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Can we get Michael Jordan from when he retired the first time? He can still wear #45...
Old 05-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #20
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I will change my avatar to a pink tutu if any of the following happen:

A) The Mavs acquire Billups this offseason.
B) The Pistons sign and trade (only available option unless Billups is stupid and takes the MLE) Billups to the Mavericks.

Really A and B are the same thing. But if it happens I'm a tutu avatar wearing fool for the 2007/2008 season.

It ain't happening anywhere besides silks dreams.
If that happens, I'll change my sig to a D-Wheelchair one for the whole season.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #21
MavinVA

MavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura aboutMavinVA has a spectacular aura about

Billups will be a piston next year. but i like the posts on lmf about getting Lee and Francis from NY for jet buck and cro. Would love that scenario though i don't think that ny will go for it. I think were stuck with signing Desmond Mason to the mle and trying to trade jet for anything.

"*punches a hole through the wall*

*busts entire body through hole*

*punches my neighbors the F*** OUT!!!!*

*pees all over the knocked out neighbors*

..... *laughs*" WraithXx after another worthless loss to portland on 4/12/08
Old 05-16-2007, 02:07 AM   #22
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Who is Billips? Just curious.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:24 AM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
How do we break the bank, exactly?

Got some loophole in the salary cap we can use?
Nope, just go for it all in free agency to win the title at all cost. We have Stack and Croshere coming off books, and I think Finley as well.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 AM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Very true. I need to find that thread.....I could've sworn he was involved in it.

Edit: You're right, Silk joined on 11/01, well after those huge Expert threads. Mary might just be on to something....

It's pretty amazing that someone could care enough about basketball to post over 500 messages on this board, and not know something so simple about how the NBA salary cap works.
Dont know a Expert guy/gal, but I know that we could spend some money and get a free agent http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm. I say this if we are going to keep the core intact.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-16-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:35 AM   #25
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
There is no way we get Billups by signing him, we are way over thew cap. And there is no way they accept that trade jayC. We aren't getting Billups, the Pistons will re-sign him.
I think that he is the only true PG that will be out there that could solve alot of our problems. I think right now, we have too much of a cut the head of the snake with Dirk, so a savy PG would help us alot if we are going to keep Dirk and Howard together. After this season coming up we have alot of salary coming off the books, and he is the only one that I see in free agency that would fit our build.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-16-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:55 AM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
We're assuming the Pistons no longer want Billups right? I'm sure they can find a solid point guard of Billup's caliber in free agency for the mid-level. Everyone wants Billups but fail to realize that the Pistons aren't giving him up and rightfully so.
http://www.hoopshype.com/players/chauncey_billups.htm

He can opt out of his last year of his contract to sign with any team. I think if the Pistons fail this year, that he may decide to get out of Piston-land. I think the coach is the wrong coach as well, and that team is starting to get older with Rasheed, McDyess,Hunter,Dale Davis and Webber. Is it time for him to change? He will be 31 this year, so I dont expect a true break the bank number to get him.

Take a look at this free agent list: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2654216

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-16-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #27
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
Who is Billips? Just curious.

Bijou Billips.. you know? That rockish kinda looking wild chic.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 AM   #28
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Dont know a Expert guy/gal, but I know that we could spend some money and get a gree agent http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm. I say this if we are going to keep the core intact.
Well that says we have 81 million dollars on the books next year.

The cap is what...50 ish?

For the next year, we have 52 million, a figure that will undoubtedly be increased by filling in the roster in the upcoming season.

The Mavs are set up to be over the cap for the next FOUR SEASONS.

And if you're saying Billups won't cost more than the MLE, you're completely high.

Hmmm..I do believe I've had a VERY similar conversation with a former poster....

I guess I should be somewhat impressed you kept yourself hidden for this long.

MIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mary; 05-16-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Nope, just go for it all in free agency to win the title at all cost. We have Stack and Croshere coming off books, and I think Finley as well.
Do you seriously not understand the Salary Cap at all?

Mary's right, you are CreditExpert. There's no other explanation.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 AM   #30
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Mary, you're obviously going to lose this argument--you're not a basketball guru, after all. I mean, there were four unanswered posts in there explaining (a) who Billips is, (b) how much cap room the Mavs have, and (c) how we can add a "gree agent" to our roster without breaking up our core.

I say we take it a step further: this offseason, let's sign Billups (and Billips too, why not, we have plenty of money); trade Croshere's expired contract for Yao; trade our three #2s for Kevin Garnett. Instant championship.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #31
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

No, no, you guys aren't getting it. It's a

GREE agent.

Now, a little research will show you that Gree Electric Appliances is a division of Zhuhai China. I think we can assume that Zhuhai China must sponsor a team in one of the Chinese Basketball Leagues with a player whose name is Billips.

All we have to do is track him (or her) down and sign him (or her).
Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #32
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Pwnage all over the place in here. Mary is putting on a clinic.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #33
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
If the Mavs decide to break the bank this off-season and keep the core intact, then I say break the bank on Billips. He brings toughness, defense, leadership, big shot taker and will post guards down low.

I think Billips is the best fit for the Mavs coming from the free agency market. If we get Billips, then I say get a true SG for Harris. Maybe trade Harris for Maggette.

Take a look at this and tell me what you think:

1. Billips-------PG
2. Howard----SG
3. Magette----SF
4. Dirk--------PF
5. Damp/Diop--Center

Now look at the bench...Terry/Stack/Diop/DJ and company.

I really like this line-up if we are not going to get rid of Dirk or Howard. I see this line-up winning it all. I see Billips being the on-floor leader that we are missing, plus his experience and toughness would be nice, plus I think Billips would be an Avery guy.
Ahhh....yes. Now I remember why I don't post here anymore.

Any chance we can land Big Z?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This stuff is usually reserved for the trade section where I can easily avoid it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger that. Billups makes that whole team function, why would they let him go anywhere? Why would he WANT to go anywhere?

If I were a good player like that sitting pretty in the cushy east, I'd take a pay cut to stay there and have a chance to go to the Finals every year.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #36
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
He can opt out of his last year of his contract to sign with any team. I think if the Pistons fail this year, that he may decide to get out of Piston-land. I think the coach is the wrong coach as well, and that team is starting to get older with Rasheed, McDyess,Hunter,Dale Davis and Webber. Is it time for him to change? He will be 31 this year, so I dont expect a true break the bank number to get him.
You're speaking on the outside looking in. If the Pistons failt his year lol? The Mavs got knocked out of the 1st round. You expect for him to not only take a pay cut in the mid-level exception but go to the West to play for a team that got knocked out of the 1st round? If he wants to win a ring his best bet is to stay in the East and play for the Pistons. You're not making any sense man.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're not making any sense man.
I think that just about wraps up this thread.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #38
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Roger that. Billups makes that whole team function, why would they let him go anywhere? Why would he WANT to go anywhere?

If I were a good player like that sitting pretty in the cushy east, I'd take a pay cut to stay there and have a chance to go to the Finals every year.
Exactly. The path to the Finals is a lot easier playing in the East. May be people think because the Pistons didn't break the bank for Big Ben that they'll do the same for Billups? And its not like Silk Smoove is the only guy. There are a lot of people in Dallas who keep bringing up Billups including radio personality's and i'm just not seeing any logical way of him getting here.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #39
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

haha, this thread is awesome, everybody just came in and slammed silk smooth.

haha
Old 05-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #40
fsadallas

fsadallas is on a distinguished road

Billups would be a good guard, but I rather go with Deron Williams.. He is from TX and he is young.

And as for Magette or whatever his last name is spelled like, he is a good player but major attitude problems. I rather get Matt Barnes than him.

Closed Thread

Tags
classic threads