Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #81
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditXpert2003
Once again you twist my words. I replied to that guy that said that Dumas has a say. My response is that Dumars DONT, because Billups can opt out and go anywhere he pleases. So my statement stands. You can flip it all you want, but my statement is clear. Billups decides what HE wants to do. Now, if Billups DECIDE to be a part of a trade, then Billups still decides what he will do, because he can always just go to free agency by his decision.
If Chauncey Billups opted out of his contract this offseason, and Mark Cuban wanted to pay Billups 10 million per year to play for the Mavs (or anything over the MLE), Billups would have to get the Pistons to accommodate him with a sign and trade in order to make that happen.

Dumars could say NO, and there wouldn't be anything Billups, Cuban or YOU could do about it.

As it relates to ANY possibility of Billups ending up in a Mavs uniform, Dumars would HAVE to go along with it.

But sure, if Billups wanted to opt out and either sign for the MLE, or for team that actually HAD cap room, that would be his decision.

Not that it has any relevance to this thread, so I'm not even sure why you brought it up.

Billups will not accept the MLE, and the Mavs do not have any cap space.

What other completely irrelevant point would you like to discuss today?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-16-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #82
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow, he just doesn't get it. I'm a high schooler, and even I get this stuff. Any basketball fan should be able to udnerstand it, it's very basic stuff.

If Billups becomes a free agent the only way we can get him is the MLE, LLE, or Vet's minimum because we are over the cap. We could sign him for that, but he won't take that little it's common sense. So using common sense, we can determine that we CAN'T sign Billups. The only real way we could get himis through a sign and trade, in which we'd have to give up players so that the salaries match, which I seriously doubt we do. We are NOT going to get Billups, get it through your head.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #83
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Challenge accepted

In this post, you claim to understand the RULES of the salary cap. And yet you claim that Cuban is going to "break the bank" as if the cap is not really an obstable, and he can get around it if he wants to.

You admitted that Billups could not be aquired for the MLE, so you are in fact claiming that the Mavs would be allowed to spend more than the MLE in free agency.

Here you claim that Mary does NOT understand the RULES of the salary cap, but apparantly you do. You quote some luxury tax numbers, apparantly beleiving that they have a bearing on our ability to sign players. You ask "why not sign Billups". Why?? Because based on your own statements before, WE CAN'T! You already stated he would not sign for the MLE. Based on the rules of the cap, that is all we can offer. So by your own logic, we are unable to sign Billups.

Here is the money quote. Here you admit that you have no friggin' clue how the salary cap works. The luxury tax is NOT the spending limit of the NBA. The salary cap is. Teams get over the salary cap by using the Larry Bird rights on their own existing free agents, and by using the Exceptions given by the NBA, which you already stated Billups would not sign for. When you complete a trade, if you are over the cap, you must trade essentially equal salary, within a certaion threshold.

You are right about one thing on Billups. He is very likely to opt out of his contract this season, and be a free agent. He can most certainly sign with whomever he wants. But as you already agreed to, it is EXCEEDINGLY unlikely that the top free agent on the market would sign with a team for the MLE. Because the Dallas Mavericks are over the NBA's salary cap, they can only offer the MLE. We've already decided he will not sign for that, so if the Mavs' want to pursue Billups, they will have to convince Billups AND the Detroit Pistons to complete a sign and trade, where they send the Piston salary roughly equal to the contract Billups signs.

So when someone says "the only way the Mavs can get Billups is if they trade for him", they are NOT incorrect.

So, as you can see from your quotes, you claimed more than once to know the rules of the salary cap. You claimed that Mary did not.

You are flat out wrong, and it would behoove you to just admit that you didn't know what you were talking about.
Quote:
In this post, you claim to understand the RULES of the salary cap. And yet you claim that Cuban is going to "break the bank" as if the cap is not really an obstable, and he can get around it if he wants to..
Here you just twisted my words, because clearly you said "As if". I did not say anything about any "obstable". I said break the bank. That can mean alot of different things, so dont put words in my mouth. I am clearly talking about Cuban reaching into his pockets a little deeper.

Quote:
You admitted that Billups could not be aquired for the MLE, so you are in fact claiming that the Mavs would be allowed to spend more than the MLE in free agency..
I dont know what Billups will sign for. That is up to him. So your point is mute.

Quote:
When you complete a trade, if you are over the cap, you must trade essentially equal salary, within a certaion threshold...
The part you are not thinking about is if Billups opts out, then essentially their is no set salary to match up. So, this is where it becomes tricky, because in essence the Pistons could lose Billups and get NOTHING in return. OR, get involved in some sort of minor deal and get something back in return, but in this case, Billups still hold all the cards, because he can veto ANY deal if he wants, because he is essentially NOT under a contract if he opts out.

Quote:
So when someone says "the only way the Mavs can get Billups is if they trade for him", they are NOT incorrect...
Now that statement above is NOT correct. Their are exceptions out there, that the Mavs can land Billups. Not likely, but that is an option that has nothing to do with trades.

Now, our talk right now is very productive and I enjoy talking to you on this level. We are talking as men, and hammering this thing out. I am not an expert on this, and will NEVER claim to be, because we can all look at the moving parts from what we know, and attorney and owners can spin/twist the legal part differently from what most of us know about this complicated Salary mess
Old 05-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #84
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Wow, he just doesn't get it. I'm a high schooler, and even I get this stuff. Any basketball fan should be able to udnerstand it, it's very basic stuff.

If Billups becomes a free agent the only way we can get him is the MLE, LLE, or Vet's minimum because we are over the cap. We could sign him for that, but he won't take that little it's common sense. So using common sense, we can determine that we CAN'T sign Billups. The only real way we could get himis through a sign and trade, in which we'd have to give up players so that the salaries match, which I seriously doubt we do. We are NOT going to get Billups, get it through your head.
You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point. There are two options. Trade or sign him from free agency. There is no such thing as only real way to get him like you suggested above. The Mavs can sign him or trade for him. So, that makes any point that you made or others that we can ONLY trade for him NOT correct. Now, I dont know what Billups wants to do or I dont even know what situation his family is in, but I have seen stranger things when it comes to wanting to get out of town for a reason. How bout, would Billups sign a 1-year deal with the Mavs, and get back on the market next season? I think this is a possible situation as well. Could Cuban have something up his sleeve that he can land Billups? I dont know, but I do know it is being talked about seriously here.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #85
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone that thinks Chauncey effing Billups will accept the MLE, is just cluttering up the gene pool of mankind.

At first Cuban was going to "break the bank", and now you have a perennial All-star earning the MLE.

Very nice.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-16-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #86
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*

It's really, really said.

Quote:
Here you just twisted my words, because clearly you said "As if". I did not say anything about any "obstable". I said break the bank. That can mean alot of different things, so dont put words in my mouth. I am clearly talking about Cuban reaching into his pockets a little deeper.
HE CAN'T REACH INTO HIS POCKETS ANY DEEPER THAN THE MLE. MY GOD MAN!

The bottom line is, you're trying desperately to weasle out of this. You starting to talk about a possible sign and trade, things of that nature. The reality is this:

When you opened this thread, you believed that the only thing keeping Cuban from signing a big free agent was the luxury tax penalty. You had no knowledge of the hard NBA cap and how it worked. You could easily have simply said so, and admitted your mess up. But instead you went into attack mode, accusing other people of not knowing what they were talking about.

You're proving yourself to have the social skills of a 7 year old, sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen.

Now you start talking about the complicated salary mess, spinning and twisting (just like you did when you were known as CreditExpert), trying to divert from the point.

There's nothing complicated about it. The Mavs have the MLE and LLE exception to spend. Outside of a trade, there is no possiblity of Cuban "breaking the bank".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point. There are two options. Trade or sign him from free agency. There is no such thing as only real way to get him like you suggested above. The Mavs can sign him or trade for him. So, that makes any point that you made or others that we can ONLY trade for him NOT correct. Now, I dont know what Billups wants to do or I dont even know what situation his family is in, but I have seen stranger things when it comes to wanting to get out of town for a reason. How bout, would Billups sign a 1-year deal with the Mavs, and get back on the market next season? I think this is a possible situation as well. Could Cuban have something up his sleeve that he can land Billups? I dont know, but I do know it is being talked about seriously here.
No, YOU still don't get it. You're trying to refocus the discussion. You started this now-famous thread stating that Cuban would "break the bank" and really go for it by signing Billups.

Somehow I doubt by "break the bank" you really meant "get Chauncey to sign the biggest bargain in the NBA in 10 years".

Possible, but unlikely, that you meant that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #88
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
No, YOU still don't get it. You're trying to refocus the discussion. You started this now-famous thread stating that Cuban would "break the bank" and really go for it by signing Billups.

Somehow I doubt by "break the bank" you really meant "get Chauncey to sign the biggest bargain in the NBA in 10 years".

Possible, but unlikely, that you meant that.
I am saying Cuban should go on a spending slurge and do whatever it takes to land us a player or two, and dont worry about paying the luxury taxes. Getting a 31 year Billups MAY be easier than we think? We never know!!!! Well maybe I should have said "Break the bank open"? Would that sound alot better?
Old 05-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #89
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I am saying Cuban should go on a spending slurge and do whatever it takes to land us a player or two, and dont worry about paying the luxury taxes. Getting a 31 year Billups MAY be easier than we think? We never know!!!! Well maybe I should have said "Break the bank open"? Would that sound alot better?
HE CAN'T BREAK THE BANK. HE CAN PAY THE MID LEVEL EXCEPTION. THAT IS HIS BIGGEST SALARY SLOT THAT HE CAN GIVE IN FREE AGENCY. HOW IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #90
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, can I "break the bank" to buy a new Hummer that gets 50mpg city and costs only $5,000 American dollars.

If I can, then I'm all in to "break the bank" as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #91
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I think I need to take a break from this thread for a while, or I'm going to stroke out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #92
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Old 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #93
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
HE CAN'T BREAK THE BANK. HE CAN PAY THE MID LEVEL EXCEPTION. THAT IS HIS BIGGEST SALARY SLOT THAT HE CAN GIVE IN FREE AGENCY. HOW IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????????????
Take the all caps off, because there is NO need to scream. It is now crystal clear that you have a hard time reading. Dont worry about it.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #94
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Take the all caps off, because there is NO need to scream. It is now crystal clear that you have a hard time reading. Dont worry about it.
LMAO. Now I see why Thiggy took a break to stroke one out.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #95
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Old 05-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #96
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
I think you added a word, sir!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
LOL. That might not have been a bad idea.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #98
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Mary is a genius... she resolved one of the longest standing mysteries on this board of "whatever happened to creditexpert?"
Old 05-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Once again you twist my words. I replied to that guy that said that Dumas has a say. My response is that Dumars DONT, because Billups can opt out and go anywhere he pleases. So my statement stands. You can flip it all you want, but my statement is clear. Billups decides what HE wants to do. Now, if Billups DECIDE to be a part of a trade, then Billups still decides what he will do, because he can always just go to free agency by his decision.
So subtle so devastating.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mary again.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #100
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So subtle so devastating.
Yup. I spread some around just I could give her some rep for that. Sheer greatness.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #101
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
The ONLY way we can get Billups without doing a sign and trade would be to sign him with our MLE or LLE. That's the only spending money we have this offseason. There is NO WAY IN HELL Billups only signs for the MLE in LLE. So there is NO WAY we can get Billups without doing a sign and trade. How hard is that to understand?!?!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #102
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nvm

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 05-16-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #103
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone think Dumars would ever do that? Even if Billups wanted to play in Dallas (which he probably doesn't, he's the man on a good team right now), I don't think Joe would do a trade because we have nothing to trade.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #104
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Does anyone think Dumars would ever do that? Even if Billups wanted to play in Dallas (which he probably doesn't, he's the man on a good team right now), I don't think Joe would do a trade because we have nothing to trade.
All we have to do is break the bank and we can sign him as a free agent--haven't you been reading this thread?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #105
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this thread's GREAT. But we ARE depriving some small village of its idiot.

Just nod in agreement, and it'll ALL be over.

Yes cred.....err, Silk Smoov, you ARE right sir. I for one believe Mark Cuban WILL break the bank to sign Billips.

EDIT: Why the hell break the bank anyway? What did it EVER do to you to elicit such violent action? I say leave the bank be......

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-17-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:43 AM   #106
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Wow, this thread's GREAT. But we ARE depriving some small village of its idiot.

Just nod in agreement, and it'll ALL be over.

Yes cred.....err, Silk Smoov, you ARE right sir. I for one believe Mark Cuban WILL break the bank to sign Billips.

EDIT: Why the hell break the bank anyway? What did it EVER do to you to elicit such violent action? I say leave the bank be......
It was a personal attack from Mary. All of a sudden she called me a credit guy, and the lynch mob started. I have never seen grown people act like that. It makes me think that maybe this board is full of kids playing on the computer. I guess some of them are not smart enough to know that I am the poster Silk Smoov and nothing else. If I wasnt then I guess I would be banned for being the credit guy. I dont know why they would not think the same

As of matter of fact, this Mary poster has given me negative rep since I been here, and that makes it personal. I am starting to wonder if this Mary person is in love with Dirk.

It is real easy to see its personal, because my thread said something about Cuban breaking the bank to sign Billups. What does that have to do with any stupid remarks that Mary and company given me? Nothing. I could easily chop up many posts by them as well, but I dont, because it is no need to. You either ignore it or just post a logical reply back w/o insults. Actually these actions from Mary is harrasment. I have sent several messages on looking into this. Right now I just put Mary on ignore and all her messages say hidden.

This message is hidden because mary is on your ignore list.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-17-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #107
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
It was a personal attack from Mary. All of a sudden she called me a credit guy, and the lynch mob started. I have never seen grown people act like that. It makes me think that maybe this board is full of kids playing on the computer. I guess some of them are not smart enough to know that I am the poster Silk Smoov and nothing else. If I wasnt then I guess I would be banned for being the credit guy. I dont know why they would not think the same

As of matter of fact, this Mary poster has given me negative rep since I been here, and that makes it personal. I am starting to wonder if this Mary person is in love with Dirk.

It is real easy to see its personal, because my thread said something about Cuban breaking the bank to sign Billups. What does that have to do with any stupid remarks that Mary and company given me? Nothing. I could easier chop up many posts by them as well, but I dont, because it is no need to. You either ignore it or just post a logical reply back with insults. Actually these actions from Mary is harrasment. I have sent several messages on looking into this. Right now I just put Mary on ignore and all her messages say hidden.
Nice try, but the text of my last negative rep was "MIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

That's hardly a "personal attack".

Your initial post was completely and utterly impossible, given the restrictions of the CBA. The posters in this thread have been MORE than patient with you in explaining the spending restrictions that Cuban faces. You seem to have trouble dealing with this - so who is the one exhibiting a lack of maturity here?

Plus, I don't think I've given you more than two..maybe three negative reps - four if you count your Basketball 501 days.

You can deny your previous account all you want, but the similarities are too much to ignore.

Smells like a duck, walks like a duck, posts like a duck......

Last edited by mary; 05-17-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #108
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

i thinc slik smooth has sum gud pointz. I meen, Cuban's got lost and lost of money in the banc, rite? Juzt giv it all to Billips and Mavz win the tittle!

Last edited by NewMexiMav; 05-17-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #109
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I have never seen grown people act like that. It makes me think that maybe this board is full of kids playing on the computer.
Yeah, you've issued the "kids" line before.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...ids#post621416

Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #110
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
To sign him assumes he would be willing to give up tens of millions of dollars. This is highly unlikely since by NBA standards he's been underpaid for quite some time now and this offseason represents the best chance he'll ever have to cash in during his entire career.

To trade for him assumes the Pistons are going to be interested in whatever you think the mavs should give up for him. Terry would be the obvious choice on the mavs end, but would the Pistons want him and the bloated contract Cuban gave him last year? The Pistons are going to be flirting with luxury tax land and while you definitely pay lux tax to keep Chauncey Billups around, do you really want to risk paying luxury tax over Jason Terry? Pistons don't need or want Dampier, Howard's BYC so he's hard to trade, Harris doesn't make enough to match salaries. What else is there? Sometimes getting nothing isn't the worst case scenario in a transaction so the Pistons aren't going to take garbage and a bunch of salary cap dead weight just to say they didn't let Billups get away for nothing. They'd just let him walk and go get another PG in free agency.

Basically, Billups is a pipe dream. He likes Detroit, Detroit likes him, and Detroit can pay him. He's going to sign a big money deal to stay there.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #111
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Yeah, you've issued the "kids" line before.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...ids#post621416
Aaah, memories.

BTW, after reading most of that thread, there's absolutely no question that they're the same poster. No question.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #112
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
To sign him assumes he would be willing to give up tens of millions of dollars. This is highly unlikely since by NBA standards he's been underpaid for quite some time now and this offseason represents the best chance he'll ever have to cash in during his entire career.

To trade for him assumes the Pistons are going to be interested in whatever you think the mavs should give up for him. Terry would be the obvious choice on the mavs end, but would the Pistons want him and the bloated contract Cuban gave him last year? The Pistons are going to be flirting with luxury tax land and while you definitely pay lux tax to keep Chauncey Billups around, do you really want to risk paying luxury tax over Jason Terry? Pistons don't need or want Dampier, Howard's BYC so he's hard to trade, Harris doesn't make enough to match salaries. What else is there? Sometimes getting nothing isn't the worst case scenario in a transaction so the Pistons aren't going to take garbage and a bunch of salary cap dead weight just to say they didn't let Billups get away for nothing. They'd just let him walk and go get another PG in free agency.

Basically, Billups is a pipe dream. He likes Detroit, Detroit likes him, and Detroit can pay him. He's going to sign a big money deal to stay there.
Yeah, I agree that it is a pipe dream, but the rumor mill is pretty high here about getting Billups. I dont know if we will get him, but stranger things have happened. The thing about the potential trade is this? Billups can walk away from the Pistons and the Pistons get nothing in return. Or the Pistons can try to get something back. The issue here is that all teams know that the Pistons are in a tough spot, so I dont see teams offering too much for Billups as well.

As far as the salary match, Billups does not have a salary if he opts out. Lets say that he wants to leave the Pistons and thinks the Mavs is a great spot. He could then, now I am not an expert on this, but lets say that he agrees to a 1 year deal with a player option to be traded to the Mavs. Billups could accept the MLE for one year, and let the Mavs match that or any salary to get Harris. Pistons get a good PG back, and is not locked into a big contract with Harris. I know this is a stretch, but I am just pointing out something that could/maybe happen.

I agree that sometimes getting nothing in return is best, but if the Pistons lose Billups then they are very short on the PG spot, and nothing is really out there in free agency in that spot. Maybe a Brevin Knight.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
As far as the salary match, Billups does not have a salary if he opts out. Lets say that he wants to leave the Pistons and thinks the Mavs is a great spot. He could then, now I am not an expert on this, but lets say that he agrees to a 1 year deal with a player option to be traded to the Mavs. Billups could accept the MLE for one year, and let the Mavs match that or any salary to get Harris. Pistons get a good PG back, and is not locked into a big contract with Harris. I know this is a stretch, but I am just pointing out something that could/maybe happen.
First of all, this is NOT what you were talking about when you opened this thread.

Second, this is a LUDICROUS "possibility", and I use that term very loosely.

Do you really think Billups would opt out of his contract and take LESS money than what he would have gotten in Detroit? That's so insane. Do you realize there are reports out of Milwaukee that they are gearing up to offer him a MAX contract, or something very close to it?

And if Billups DID decide to take so little money, he could simply sign for that tiny amount in Dallas, not do a sign and trade for Harris.

If Billups does a sign and trade, the entire POINT will be to get more money than the MLE, at which point you're talking about sending significant contracts back, probably starting with Terry.

Just for the record, I don't necessarily think it's a ridiculous notion to think the Mavs could somehow get Billups. If things go poorly this seasos, maybe we COULD work out a sign and trade. But we won't have gotten him because Cubes just decided to "break the bank" and sign him outright, and it won't be without sending significant players and contract to Detroit.

That's the point of this thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-17-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #114
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Aaah, memories.

BTW, after reading most of that thread, there's absolutely no question that they're the same poster. No question.
You indeed are clueless and you let Mary suck you in on her antics. I have given you the benefit of doubt that you were not and just poking fun in some sort of way, but Mary is cunning and you believe her/him. This is very sad. I see now that Mary is the so called expert here and when she feels dangered by someone speaking basketball talk so puts them in the boat as past posters.

My background has been checked by a couple of Mods and DJ. I am not here to brag or be better than anyone. I just post because I love the Mavs and sometimes I try to pass on some information that I have or get. Nothing else.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #115
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
You indeed are clueless and you let Mary suck you in on her antics. I have given you the benefit of doubt that you were not and just poking fun in some sort of way, but Mary is cunning and you believe her/him. This is very sad. I see now that Mary is the so called expert here and when she feels dangered by someone speaking basketball talk so puts them in the boat as past posters.

My background has been checked by a couple of Mods and DJ. I am not here to brag or be better than anyone. I just post because I love the Mavs and sometimes I try to pass on some information that I have or get. Nothing else.
The bold part made me giggle....

Why would Mods and DJ himself "background check" you?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #116
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:

Yeah, DJ has someone pulling DMV reports for all suspicious posters.

Hee!

Last edited by mary; 05-17-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #117
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Silk Smoov:

I agree with whatever point you are trying to make.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #118
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
First of all, this is NOT what you were talking about when you opened this thread.

Second, this is a LUDICROUS "possibility", and I use that term very loosely.

Do you really think Billups would opt out of his contract and take LESS money than what he would have gotten in Detroit? That's so insane. Do you realize there are reports out of Milwaukee that they are gearing up to offer him a MAX contract, or something very close to it?

And if Billups DID decide to take so little money, he could simply sign for that tiny amount in Dallas, not do a sign and trade for Harris.

If Billups does a sign and trade, the entire POINT will be to get more money than the MLE, at which point you're talking about sending significant contracts back, probably starting with Terry.

Just for the record, I don't necessarily think it's a ridiculous notion to think the Mavs could somehow get Billups. If things go poorly this seasos, maybe we COULD work out a sign and trade. But we won't have gotten him because Cubes just decided to "break the bank" and sign him outright, and it won't be without sending significant players and contract to Detroit.

That's the point of this thread.
The problem is that YOU dont decide what "Break the Bank" means. I posted it, so my logic behind it stands. I even pointed out in my post that I should have said "Break open the Bank". But since I posted the thread, I could NOT change the title. Now last season, I feel that Cuban did NOT open the bank at all. I think he pretty much just used the MLE and got two players and traded equal money for the rest. I think that Cuban should "Break open the Bank" and spend more to get us better. Whatever that entails?

Quote:
Do you realize there are reports out of Milwaukee that they are gearing up to offer him a MAX contract, or something very close to it?.
What reports????? Reports here in Dallas is that the Mavs are gearing up to get Billups. So what is your point?

Quote:
If Billups does a sign and trade, the entire POINT will be to get more money than the MLE, at which point you're talking about sending significant contracts back, probably starting with Terry.?.
Speaking of insane, why would Billups at 31 want to go to the Bucks? So your point was insane. I think that Billups if he leaves the Pistons, still wants to go to a team that can win title now. I dont see any teams like that with more than MLE money. So, my guess that another option is to sign a one year contract, and test out the market again after trying to win another title. I really think that Billups is NOT that happy in Detriot, ever since they lost Wallace, and I also think that Billups does NOT believe in the coach any longer. That is also why I feel change MAY be need for him or maybe the Pistons feel they need a new coach. Now, I am assuming this only. I also think that if the Pistons dont win the title this year or let the Bulls come back to win the series, that the wheels will be spinning in Piston-land..
Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #119
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

We are not talking background checks, but them knowing who I am, and how I have some information that I share with us all here sometimes. Nothing else.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #120
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I feel that Cuban did NOT open the bank at all.
Maybe he went on Sunday and the bank was closed.

Plus, its probably the responsibility of bank employees to "open the bank".

I know Cuban's a rich guy and all, but I doubt he has that kind of power.

Mr. Fargo isn't just going to hand him a key.

Last edited by mary; 05-17-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
classic threads