Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-02-2024, 11:18 PM   #1
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

hihi Class Luka play.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:19 PM   #2
LukaMagic
Golden Member

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Sheer class.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:20 PM   #3
LukaMagic
Golden Member

That guy wasn't on skates. I think he was blown away. lol
Old 04-02-2024, 11:20 PM   #4
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Draymonds block on Gafford not a jump ball? Looks like he capped it.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:21 PM   #5
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Great 3 PJ.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:14 AM   #6
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaMagic View Post
Great 3 PJ.
This was a great sign by PJ. He struggled with 3s, and 3s are not something like his specialty. But he made the one when it really mattered, with clock running out, in the last seconds of the game, and after a drawn-out play after a time-out. It's a good sign that he made that shot. Maybe he has a capacity to lock in and concentrate when it matters.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-03-2024 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:21 PM   #7
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

13 bench points to 39 absolutely embarrassing.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:24 PM   #8
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking Klay traveled!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:26 PM   #9
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Fucking Klay traveled!
Unbelievable. Can't believe they didn't call that.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:30 PM   #10
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Fucking Klay traveled!
I?m sorry but when a travel is that obvious, you have to call it. Horrible officiating
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:26 PM   #11
LukaMagic
Golden Member

How GSW work and win games.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:43 AM   #12
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:

How GSW work and win games.
And, of course, Kerr and Green DO THIS TOGETHER. They plan this together. And then they cry to the refs together. All the while Steph Curry "runs around, and walks around, and smiles around, and grimaces around like a ballerina in some sort of a gay* mood.

* "light-hearted and carefree."

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-03-2024 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:57 AM   #13
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:
That is their system. They plan things like that and then they act together and in concert to pressure the referees. That's a HUGE PART of how they've won their titles. Green poked Jokic into eye to get him benched the year before last. He keeps NAILS LONG FOR THAT.

And then they CRY TOGETHER to the refs.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-03-2024 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:29 PM   #14
JTmoney2424

JTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of lightJTmoney2424 is a glorious beacon of light

Not that it mattered tonight but Exum has worked wonders in the closing role but THJ was in there tonight? I wonder if Exum was dinged up.
JTmoney2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:34 PM   #15
blessednegr0

We had a good run. Expecting to go 5/5 against playoff hopefuls on the road, was a bit of a stretch. I honestly bet the Mavericks to win the championship recently. Sadly, that's not going to happen with Kidd and his rotations.

We say it EVERY single game. Our 4th quarter lineup is absolutely trash. Maxi and THJ aren't it. Why don't we give DJJ, Exum, Gafford more minutes?

GSW played the hell out of Luka this game, I hope the rest of the NBA is not taking note of this going into the playoffs.

PJ is the truth but he should not be limited to a 3 point shooter.

There's my rant.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:36 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Streak ended but I?m not too upset. With Lively we win.

Now we gotta figure out how to win without him and pray to god he comes back for/before the playoffs
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM   #17
blessednegr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Now we gotta figure out how to win without him and pray to god he comes back for/before the playoffs
I am looking further into the numbers and the rotation is trash.

We have DJJ starting in our lineup who is an x-factor. He only gets 18 minutes tonight compared to Maxi getting 17 minutes. We can easily bump a STARTING player to 30 minutes per game.

Dwight Powell 9 minutes this game, -8 on the score sheet. ZERO points, including 2 missed free throws.

Kidd NEEDS to tighten up this roster before we fall out of position for playoffs, being seeded 4/5/6.

What starters in the league only get 18 minutes a game like DJJ? Are we afraid DJJ can't guard Draymond? Is Draymond going to drop 50 on us?

Time and time again, we blow leads with THJ and Maxi in the game. ESPECIALLY at the same time... I honestly don't even remember if Exum got a 4th quarter minute in the game. Exum - better defender, better scoring percentage than THJ. Yet we don't have him in for the closing minutes.

Against Sacramento, Exum missed 3 easy buckets but came through clutch with the final dagger. Exum produces more than THJ night in and night out.

Lastly, I love Luka and these trick shots. He should have put his foot on GSW necks at the end of the game. He forced passes and didn't give us a cushion or opportunity to win. Luka shot the best percentage and didn't force the issue.

We needed this win for home court.
Old 04-04-2024, 02:57 PM   #18
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I agree. Except with the "pray to god" thing. That I find primitive. I prefer to seek the understanding and deal with the reality and its consequences.

ps Ouch.
pps I know. Sorry.
Old 04-04-2024, 03:00 PM   #19
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:
I agree. Except with the "pray to god" thing. That I find primitive. I prefer to seek the understanding and deal with the reality and its consequences.

ps Ouch.
pps I know. Sorry.
Would you like a song? I have one in mind.
It would repair this. Seamlessly. Along with potential fuzzy feelings inside.

I think!

ps Plus and undoubtedly, the song would be total surprise and out-of-a-blue type of thing. But American!!!
pps You've never heard of it.
ppps Even. You've never even heard of it.
pppps For sure!

ppppps Please try and avoid some of the more classic passive-aggressive shit-based responses. I am joking after all. Try and keep in mind.

My advice is to ignore it and let the retards chirp around it. And just observe while

t h i n k i n g .

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-04-2024 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:20 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would you like a song? I have one in mind.
It would repair this. Seamlessly. Along with potential fuzzy feelings inside.

I think!

ps Plus and undoubtedly, the song would be total surprise and out-of-a-blue type of thing. But American!!!
pps You've never heard of it.
ppps Even. You've never even heard of it.
pppps For sure!

ppppps Please try and avoid some of the more classic passive-aggressive shit-based responses. I am joking after all. Try and keep in mind.

My advice is to ignore it and let the retards chirp around it. And just observe while

t h i n k i n g .
What the FUCK is even going on.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 06:45 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What the FUCK is even going on.
Ignore list is the only way.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:40 AM   #22
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:
https://youtu.be/fl8cx5NMZuk?t=34

Here is the very first play by Green on Luka. He did that on purpose. And notice how he grabs Luka after. That is how abusers work. He hit him on purpose and then acted like "he is sorry." That's how Green works.

This same thing needs to happen to Steph Curry. Someone needs to do this to Steph Curry so that Curry thinks a bit about the possibility of getting a concussion, or his wrist being injured. That is how basketball works in leagues in which no player is protected and rough play is allowed. But in this league, Steph Curry and others on GSW team are protected, while Luka carries a huge target on his back and Green is actually encouraged and allowed to do this.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-03-2024 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:53 AM   #23
blessednegr0

Quote:
https://youtu.be/fl8cx5NMZuk?t=34

Here is the very first play by Green on Luka. He did that on purpose. And notice how he grabs Luka after. That is how abusers work. He hit him on purpose and then acted like "he is sorry." That's how Green works.

This same thing needs to happen to Steph Curry. Someone needs to do this to Steph Curry so that Curry thinks a bit about the possibility of getting a concussion, or his wrist being injured. That is how basketball works in leagues in which no player is protected and rough play is allowed. But in this league, Steph Curry and others on GSW team are protected, while Green is actually encouraged and allowed to do this.
I agree, this was a bad start to the game. As soon as that happened they let both sides play on defense. Whistles were short on both ends.

We need our team to step up during times like this. Nobody gives a damn if Draymond gets checked in the air or during a shot by Maxi or Powell. If we aren't going to match the energy of the opposing team, we are going to lose. I feel this team is tight, outside of the rotations. Our Mavericks should have bodied someone like Draymond did against Luka. Let them know that this shit is not tolerable. Worst case scenario, Draymond tries to retaliate and he's out the game.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:54 AM   #24
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Quote:
And notice how they planned this: The v e r y first play. When there is the least likelihood of Green getting attention for a clearly abusive play.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:04 AM   #25
blessednegr0

Quote:
And notice how they planned this: The v e r y first play. When there is the least likelihood of Green getting attention for a clearly abusive play.
We have that play as you've highlighted. They have to protect an MVP candidate.

On our end, we have the GSW starting and playing Trayce Jackson-Davis playing 21 minutes against us. Less than DJJ, who was active defensively but wasn't on offensively tonight. More than Hardy, tied with Exum for minutes and outshined by minutes by our GOAT THJ.

We are not fully utilizing our roster.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #26
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Bench Maxi + Powell and play Morris + OMax. Kidd should at least try this to see what happens. It seems every time Morris gets in the game, he contributes. Give it a shot JKidd.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:53 AM   #27
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

got the mavs finishing the season 4-3 with 49 wins and the 6 seed. very possible 5-2 with 50 wins, still 6 seed. loss to rockets, heat, thunder.

could be facing any of thunder nuggets twolves. it changes nightly. itll come down to the last game of the season...

hope we get an update on lively today/tomorrow

Last edited by Melonhead; 04-03-2024 at 10:55 AM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:59 AM   #28
LukaMagic
Golden Member

Those Sacramento games were a lovely watch because they were decently refereed games. There was no obvious bias. This was not a normal game. No game @ GSW is a normal game. They're always like that. They get huge advantages like that all the time. That's what GSW are as an organization and as a team. That's how they work.

Steph Curry is kept clueless. He's Draymond's bitch that "runs around, and walks around, and smiles around, and grimaces around like a ballerina in some sort of a gay* mood.

* "light-hearted and carefree."

Last edited by LukaMagic; 04-03-2024 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:11 AM   #29
blessednegr0

Last thing I am going to say. If this isn't the year for the Mavericks.

THJ, Maxi, Powell. Need to be off the team before the start of the next season.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:39 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Last thing I am going to say. If this isn't the year for the Mavericks.

THJ, Maxi, Powell. Need to be off the team before the start of the next season.
This definitely not our year. We still need a cpl pieces on the floor, even IF we could overcome Kidd.

When good opposing coaches shorten rotations AND gameplan against us, the gap becomes wider.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:17 PM   #31
blessednegr0

Quote:
This definitely not our year. We still need a cpl pieces on the floor, even IF we could overcome Kidd.

When good opposing coaches shorten rotations AND gameplan against us, the gap becomes wider.
I think this is our year. The rotations tighten up in the playoffs. Green being back will eliminate THJ hopefully. If we are healthy, we can beat anyone.

Playoff Luka and Kyrie are going to be impossible to stop.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:59 AM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Man, and we were all talking up DJJ. But my god, you can't play high minutes and not score a damn point.

Maxi has to be the worst offensive player in the league.

We were due a loss, but it's annoying that three players don't score. Could have easily won.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:54 AM   #33
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Man, and we were all talking up DJJ. But my god, you can't play high minutes and not score a damn point.

We were due a loss, but it's annoying that three players don't score. Could have easily won.
Yeah the loss was coming, but to see the same issues pop up in games where we need production is frustrating. You just cannot have thj maxi and Hardy out there together for stretches. Broken record.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:32 PM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Agreed on all counts. I was expecting a loss too so I'm not upset about it. And I am at least glad the game was so close.

But this game really did expose the Mavs' weakness when it comes to depth and role players. It reminds me of the mid-2000's teams, in a bad way. How many nights the offense completely dried up because we had no actual scorers on the team outside of Dirk and Jason Terry.

I'm hoping to the basketball gods that Omax's 3pt% in the G league isn't fool's gold and carries over. If he can just hit threes, he'll be a suitable replacement for Maxi. And I'm crossing my fingers hoping we can finally get something... anything for THJ now the he's in the final year of his contract.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 01:02 PM   #35
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Agreed on all counts. I was expecting a loss too so I'm not upset about it. And I am at least glad the game was so close.

But this game really did expose the Mavs' weakness when it comes to depth and role players. It reminds me of the mid-2000's teams, in a bad way. How many nights the offense completely dried up because we had no actual scorers on the team outside of Dirk and Jason Terry.

I'm hoping to the basketball gods that Omax's 3pt% in the G league isn't fool's gold and carries over. If he can just hit threes, he'll be a suitable replacement for Maxi. And I'm crossing my fingers hoping we can finally get something... anything for THJ now the he's in the final year of his contract.
I would think THJ is finally moveable in the offseason. Push Omax up, keep Josh Green unless there's a solid trade there. The roster is very close, they should be a top 4 seed next season.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:28 AM   #36
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Y'all might flame me but...

I thought THJ played really well ***early on***

He was a willing passer and gave the ball up quickly instead of forcing the ball down and trying to make something happen. He made good, quick decisions on three balls and I distinctly remember two of the early ones going in and out.

Alas, he reverted to the same ole Timmy in the 2nd half it appears. I had to go to bed earlier, so missed out (or didn't, I guess?).

But man, if the guy can just fucking play a role instead of thinking he's the 3rd option or 6th man of the year, this team's roster makeup and rotations would be sooo much better. Need a guy like THJ but they also have to know their damn role and do so for 48 mins and not just one half.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:41 AM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Y'all might flame me but...

I thought THJ played really well ***early on***

He was a willing passer and gave the ball up quickly instead of forcing the ball down and trying to make something happen. He made good, quick decisions on three balls and I distinctly remember two of the early ones going in and out.

Alas, he reverted to the same ole Timmy in the 2nd half it appears. I had to go to bed earlier, so missed out (or didn't, I guess?).

But man, if the guy can just fucking play a role instead of thinking he's the 3rd option or 6th man of the year, this team's roster makeup and rotations would be sooo much better. Need a guy like THJ but they also have to know their damn role and do so for 48 mins and not just one half.
He isn't a smart player. It's that simple. Dwight Powell also falls under this ilk. It's not just about the talent...if you're dumb, then it really hurts your team.

But I agree...we need the scoring. See, if THJ were just doing a Davis Bertans, then I'd be fine with that. But then he thinks he can do things he simply can't.

Wes Matthews was king of that shit. Play within your talent!

Old 04-03-2024, 08:22 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think the pressure is off in the immediate future because we finally have a complete team. Yes, we could use some better depth, but that's about it. Defense and rebounding have been mostly fixed.

There are no FA freak outs or wondering if Powell starts at center this summer.

Doubt Kidd gets fired though unless they totally whiff the playoffs.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:15 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think the pressure is off in the immediate future because we finally have a complete team. Yes, we could use some better depth, but that's about it. Defense and rebounding have been mostly fixed.

There are no FA freak outs or wondering if Powell starts at center this summer.

Doubt Kidd gets fired though unless they totally whiff the playoffs.
1. Totally whiffing in the playoffs, is NOT off the table. I think a Luka and Kai led team can overcome a lot. However, is Kidd and co going to be able to play chess at the main table? When opposing coaches tighten rotations and have ample time to gameplan, can we make the necessary adjustments?

2. IMO, we still need to turn THJ, Maxi and anything else available into at least 1 versatile player who has decent handles and can also defend.
Barring a cpl injuries, Omax is done for the season aside from a practice body. I cant imagine he gets a single remotely significant minute in the POs. He should be a useful rotation player next season so that probably leaves us with needing one versatile bench player upgrade.

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-03-2024 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:27 AM   #40
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Totally whiffing in the playoffs, is NOT off the table. I think a Luka and Kai led team can overcome a lot. However, is Kidd and co going to be able to play chess at the main table? When opposing coaches tighten rotations and have ample time to gameplan, can we make the necessary adjustments?
I agree with this 100%. The Mavs changed their identity after the trades for Gafford and PJ. This has created problems for opponents because it largely caught them off guard. But coaches will make adjustments now that there is film to dissect and the question is can Kidd make moves to counter those adjustments. Being an optimist, i would say the Mavs have enough talent to make countermoves but the jury is out on whether Kidd is up to the challenge. Alternatively, a more pessimistic (reality based?) view is we know the answer and the answer is "NO". I choose to be an optimist today. We will see about tomorrow.

Tags
copenhagen, straight jacket?, unfresh jive