Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Have you ever smoked pot?
Yes, I have. 32 60.38%
No, I have not. 21 39.62%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #41
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

yeah a few times

haven't in over a year.. I like drinking a LOT more.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for someone to say:

"If you smoke like I smoke, then you're high like every day."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #43
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Still waiting for someone to say:

"If you smoke like I smoke, then you're high like every day."
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Warren G was on the streets, tryin' to consume.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM   #45
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is gonna come back to haunt you all when you are nominated for Dem/Rep candidate.

Which is why i'm not voting : )
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Windmill360 your real name?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #47
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Smoking pot makes me ball better
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #48
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

my mother admitted to me a few years ago that she smoked pot throughout her pregnancy with me. what a great mom! I tried it like three times in college, and it did nothing for me. haven't done it since and can't say that I really want to.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #49
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

WOW, I have to be on the minority here and say that I haven't smoked pot or any drugs of any kind. I was expecting no one to say they did. Makes ya look at people differently now.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!

Last edited by Ummmmm Ok; 09-04-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly, and without a doubt, say that my wife has never even seen a joint. Now, she has smelled it because I have taken her to many a U2 concert and that couldn't be avoided. But she has never touched the stuff.

Get this.... the first U2 concert I took her to in 92 she wanted me to go report the revellers to security. I got a good giggle out of that.

Also, until 93 when I took her to New Orleans she had never even seen anyone that was gay/lesbian.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #51
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I can honestly, and without a doubt, say that my wife has never even seen a joint. Now, she has smelled it because I have taken her to many a U2 concert and that couldn't be avoided. But she has never touched the stuff.

Get this.... the first U2 concert I took her to in 92 she wanted me to go report the revellers to security. I got a good giggle out of that.

Also, until 93 when I took her to New Orleans she had never even seen anyone that was gay/lesbian.
How is your wife, Sara plain and tall?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hmmm. This appears to be a cleverly disguised tap dance around the question....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #53
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
How is your wife, Sara plain and tall?
Not even close.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 09-04-2008 at 07:37 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ha. I had a similar experience with my wife at a concert...we used to go to a lot of shows when we were dating and in the beginning she would ask me "what is that smell? is that marijuana??" Good times.

I refrained from smoking, because I was a good little Catholic boy who was afraid of his mother, the police, and losing his job...mostly my mother. But being in a couple of bands, I couldn't help but be around it a lot. There's nothing more annoying than looking behind you to the back seat and seeing your drummer rolling a J while you're on the freeway. Stupid drummers.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
How is your wife, Sara palin and tall?
Sarah Palin and who?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #56
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I have not smoked pot. I was at a party once playing mommy where people in another room were, and that's the closest I've been to it. I have not the slightest desire to smoke anything, nor drink any kind of alcohol.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #57
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I've never smoked pott, but i've honestly always been curious about it. But still, i would never get myself to do it.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #58
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummmmm Ok
WOW, I have to be on the minority here and say that I haven't smoked pot or any drugs of any kind. I was expecting no one to say they did. Makes ya look at people differently now.
if you honestly look differently at people because they smoked weed earlier in their life, then that's really dumb lol

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 09-05-2008 at 12:57 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #59
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

OK voted - ... but i did not inhail
Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM   #60
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
yeah a few times

haven't in over a year.. I like drinking a LOT more.
The negative thing about drinking is the hang over part. I had a nasty hang over last sunday, man, i swear i puked about 10 times that day. And with pot, i don't think you get a hang over (at least from what i heard of).
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #62
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I was once with some friends who were smoking pot, but I didn’t try it myself. It seemed hard enough to survive in life even while following all the “rules”, so I avoided the situation after that.

I’m pretty sure my dad used pot during his last bout with cancer (he smoked cigarettes too). If you stand over the hospital bed while oxygen is forcefully (& painfully) blasted into your dad’s lungs… and then hear the Dr say that he they hadn’t smoked, maybe those measures wouldn’t be necessary… It kind of scars you for life (no matter what kind of smoke).
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #63
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Had first puff in college and I've lost count of total times.

I smoke from time to time. For me, alcohol is a more social drug and feels weird to have by myself, especially at home. Whereas, when I smoke, I become more introspective and a thinker, so if I want to relax by myself at the house, it feels more appropriate.

Moderation is key. Don't like getting stoned, just a little high.
That pretty much sums up my point of view.

That said, in Germany beer is available at the age of 16, and liquor at the age of 18.
When me and a friend made a one-month-roadtrip through CA, it was actually extremely weird to be asked for ID. My friend, who was still 20 even drunk illegally, while he had made years of beer-experience in Germany.

I've made contact to weed relatively late, around 17 or 18 - I think it's important which age you are when first getting into it. I've seen a lot of guys smoking their education career away who were just 15.

It's only 5 hours by train from here to Amsterdam - so I've been there for some weeks also. Great city!

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #64
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in
That pretty much sums up my point of view.

That said, in Germany beer is available at the age of 16, and liquor at the age of 18.
When me and a friend made a one-month-roadtrip through CA, it was actually extremely weird to be asked for ID. My friend, who was still 20 even drunk illegally, while he had made years of beer-experience in Germany.

I've made contact to weed relatively late, around 17 or 18 - I think it's important which age you are when first getting into it. I've seen a lot of guys smoking their education career away who were just 15.

It's only 5 hours by train from here to Amsterdam - so I've been there for some weeks also. Great city!
Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Manilla, and Bangkok these cities are out of the question for any poll or board, IMO.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 09-05-2008 at 09:40 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #65
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Manilla, and Bangkik these cities are out of the question for any poll or board, IMO.
What's out of question?

I've been to the first two and had a wicked time. Amazing cities.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #66
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's out of question?

A family oriented sports board is not a place to talk about these cities, and amazing is one way to put it. They put Vegas to shame.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #67
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Chalmers and Arthur would answer no to this question lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #68
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
What's out of question?

I've been to Amsterdam, as well. I do think it's a beautiful city, but my favorite city in Holland is still Utrecht. - Beautiful old city.

On the topic: Never smoked it. A lot of my friends used to smoke it, though. In some way from all I've read it's better to smoke a little weed than to get totally waisted like I do from time to time, but somehow I don't want to.

I'm all for legalizing it, though. It's none of governments business what I or anybody else puts into his body.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 09-07-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #69
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind the government having a say in what drugs are put into our body. As a guy that used to work at a convenience store, let's just say I was scared off of my ass from people that were either stoned, high or drunk on multiple occasions.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #70
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I don't mind the government having a say in what drugs are put into our body. As a guy that used to work at a convenience store, let's just say I was scared off of my ass from people that were either stoned, high or drunk on multiple occasions.
The convenience store could forbid people entrance if they're stoned - even if they'D like to sell pot.

What about the people who are drunk? There's no difference, because you could get them arrested for anything illegal that they do when they're drunk/stoned. The point is that if they want to get stoned and do not pose any danger to other people (for example drunk/stoned driving), then they should be perfectly able to do that without having to fear going to prison.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 09-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #71
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A family oriented sports board is not a place to talk about these cities, and amazing is one way to put it. They put Vegas to shame.
I'll disagree. Sao Paulo is the financial center of Brazil and while there are dangerous places, like any big city, there are a lot of hardworking people who work there and it offers your typical big city entertainments such as museums, music acts, sporting events, city parks, good food as well as a lively party scene.

Amsterdam is also a kick ass place. Beautiful archietecture, bridges, dams and lovely girls riding bicycles around. Places to visit include the Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank as well as the lovely bars and coffee shops.

You're right about putting Vegas to shame. Vegas gets old after 48 hours..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #72
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do "family oriented" mean?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #73
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I did a few times when I was about 14. That was it. I could just never get into it. It's everywhere though these days. I don't know many people my age who don't smoke weed. I do drink like a fish though....

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 09-07-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #74
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It has been everywhere for a long time. It just depends on the groups you hang out in. I knew many people that were using back 8 years ago when I was in school... but, it just wasn't really in the group that I hung out with.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #75
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
It has been everywhere for a long time. It just depends on the groups you hang out in.
Totally true.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #76
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yes i have...although i haven't smoked in....6-7 years....(i'm 26)
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:20 AM   #77
Arne
Golden Member

As to legalization:

Quote:
Drug War's Latest Tally: 872,721 Pot Arrests, an All-Time High

by Paul Armentano

If denial is the first sign of addiction, then Drug Czar John Walters is hooked to the gills. He's addicted to targeting and arresting marijuana consumers, and he'll do and say anything to keep this irrational and punitive policy in place.

Speaking earlier this month on C-Span, the reigning Czar stretched his usual deceit to outrageous new heights. Responding to a question from the Marijuana Policy Project's Dan Bernath, Walters flatly denied the charge that over 800,000 Americans are arrested annually for violating pot laws.

"We didn't arrest 800,000 marijuana users," Walters proclaimed. "That's [a] lie."

If only it were.

According to data released yesterday in the FBI's annual Uniform Crime Report, police in 2007 arrested over 872,000 US citizens – that's nearly one out of every two Americans busted for illicit drugs – for weed. (The raw data is available from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation here and here.)

That figure is a five percent increase over the total number of Americans busted in 2006. It's more than three times the number of citizens charged with pot violations sixteen years ago.

Of those arrested in 2007, 89 percent – some 775,000 Americans – were charged with simple pot possession, not trafficking, cultivation, or sale. (By comparison, 27 percent of those arrested for heroin and cocaine offenses were charged with sales.) Three out of four were under age 30; one in four were 18-years-old or younger.

The FBI's tally is the highest marijuana arrest total ever-reported in law enforcement history. If this pace continues, annual arrests for pot will surpass one million per year by 2010.

But to hear America's top drug cop tell it few, if any, citizens are ever arrested for pot possession, and absolutely no one goes to jail for breaking marijuana laws.

"The fact is today, people don't go to jail for the possession of marijuana," Walters alleged on C-Span. "Finding somebody in jail or prison for possession of marijuana is like finding a unicorn. It doesn't exist."

Not true says the U.S. Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics, which reported last year in black and white – perhaps the Drug Czar is reading impaired – that 12.7 percent of state inmates and 12.4 percent of federal inmates incarcerated for drug abuse violations are serving time for marijuana offenses. Combining these percentages with separate U.S. Department of Justice statistics on the total number of state and federal drug prisoners suggests that, at a minimum, there are now about 33,655 state inmates and 10,785 federal inmates behind bars for marijuana offenses.

(The report failed to include estimates on the percentage of inmates incarcerated in county or local jails for pot-related offenses, nor did it take into account the number of inmates serving time for violating the terms of their marijuana-related probation, such as those who submitted a "dirty" urine to their parole officer.)

No matter how one slices it, that's a lot of unicorns.

It also begs the question: Why does the Drug Czar feel the need to go to such absurd lengths to hide this overt outgrowth of American drug policy? After all, the US Drug Enforcement Administration and the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy typically issue chest-thumping press releases when they achieve record busts for offenses involving cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine. Why then do they shy away from making similar proclamations for pot?

Perhaps it's because, deep down, even the Drug Czar knows that the use of cannabis does not pose anywhere near the health and safety threat as does the use of other intoxicants, including alcohol, and that most Americans – rightly – would be outraged to learn that our nation's so-called war on drugs is really just an assault on young adults caught with small bags of weed.

September 17, 2008

Paul Armentano [send him mail] is the senior policy analyst for NORML and the NORML Foundation in Washington, DC. He is the author of "Emerging Clinical Applications for Cannabis and Cannabinoids: A Review of the Scientific Literature" (2007, NORML Foundation).

Copyright © 2008 Paul Armentano
http://www.lewrockwell.com/armentano...ntano-p38.html

Last edited by Arne; 09-17-2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #78
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
yes i have...although i haven't smoked in....6-7 years....(i'm 26)
Does it surprise anyone else that X isn't an everyday pot smoker???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote