Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #481
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Babel - biblical references, pretty intense.. from a different angle it was Crash reloaded..
EXACTLY what I was thinking. It jumped all over the place, but I thought it was really good.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #482
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Yeah, I kind of felt like a dumb ass for not seeing the title for what the movie was about... I know the stories of the old testament pretty well but this just went over my head until half way through the movie when I made the connection.. duh!

Last edited by Nemesis; 03-12-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #483
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

recently seen....

Borat -- a couple of reallie funny doodie humor type bits, but overall not a terribly good movie.

The Departed -- Kick ass.

Equilibrium -- couple year old Christian Bale sci-fi Orwell redo flic, not bad at all....

incidentally, if you're a Christian Bale fan and have seen American Psycho or The Machinist, you really should see 'em.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #484
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrested Development, Season 1
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #485
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

24 season 3, and yes I'm that far behind.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 PM   #486
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got around to seeing The Devils Rejects. and I have to say...
ROB ZOMBIE IS A HACK OF THE WORST DEGREE AND HAS NEVER HAD AN ORIGINAL IDEA IN HIS LIFE!!!
His movies are a direct ripoff of the Texas Chainsaw series. "Devil's" is pretty much Chainsaw 2, "1000 corpses" is Chainsaw 1. I thought I'd take a look at this hacks other work and see what else he stole. I was surprised by how many influential artists have been victim of this guy's plagiarism. If you have ever seen his artwork it is blatantly stolen from an artist called Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. His look was stolen from Al Jorgensen from Ministry.
His music...well lets just say there are at least a dozen artists who sound just like the guy.
I really hate his movies, his music and his art. He is a hack.

I also watched "The Man Who Would Be King" tonight. Amazing film. It's kinda old but it is one of the best flicks I've seen in a long time. Sean Connery and Michael Cain in their prime. Great Story, and an excellent cast. I recommend it.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:27 AM   #487
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

A Perfect Murder. Nothing great, just a really good story.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #488
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
24 season 3, and yes I'm that far behind.
pure greatness.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #489
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

My Name is Earl season 1
Borat
Little Miss Sunshine
Team America
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #490
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Babel.....

ok, i watched the first 30 minutes or so, and I just can't get into it. even the chinese chick flashing her squirrel didn't, ummm, raise my interest level. I get that "Babel" has something to do with a lot of people speaking different languages, and I can see that Brad Pitt will fight language barriers in order to find help for his big-eared wife....

...but all this really just means I've got to read a lot of sub-titles. seriously, there's a reason I rent movies rather than buy books.

i also see where others have compared this to Crash, a movie that I thought really sucked.

so, anyone want to tell me that I really need to give it another chance, or should I just return this straightaway?
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #491
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Babel.....

ok, i watched the first 30 minutes or so, and I just can't get into it. even the chinese chick flashing her squirrel didn't, ummm, raise my interest level. I get that "Babel" has something to do with a lot of people speaking different languages, and I can see that Brad Pitt will fight language barriers in order to find help for his big-eared wife....

...but all this really just means I've got to read a lot of sub-titles. seriously, there's a reason I rent movies rather than buy books.

i also see where others have compared this to Crash, a movie that I thought really sucked.

so, anyone want to tell me that I really need to give it another chance, or should I just return this straightaway?
Babel, while a very well shot and scripted movie, is a movie about misery. Nobody is happy at the end. Nothing goes the way it should. It is about things going really really wrong. That said, it had a good soundtrack.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #492
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pth
Babel, while a very well shot and scripted movie, is a movie about misery. Nobody is happy at the end. Nothing goes the way it should. It is about things going really really wrong. That said, it had a good soundtrack.
sounds like my typical day at work, except for the soundtrack thing....

think i'll send it back and good a really classy movie with lots of boobs and violence.

cheers
Old 03-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #493
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sounds like my typical day at work, except for the soundtrack thing....

think i'll send it back and good a really classy movie with lots of boobs and violence.

cheers
300?

Speaking of which am i the only one that thought 300 was vastly overrated???
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #494
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
300?

I thought it sucked.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #495
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
300?

i haven't seen it, but inevitably I will.

babel actually had a scene showing a 12 year old moroccan kid whippin' it....i'll take a vastly overrated spartan war with decent special effects over a pre-teen arab chicken choker any day.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #496
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, you should add your comments to the 300 thread. I had high expectations for it. I liked it ok, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype. If they had actually followed the graphic novel closer, it would have been much better (although it probably would have been about an hour long).
Old 03-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #497
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

2046. Cooky but interesting. A little too serious.
Saw motorcycle diaries again. What an inspiring movie.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:31 AM   #498
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
I finally got around to seeing The Devils Rejects. and I have to say...
ROB ZOMBIE IS A HACK OF THE WORST DEGREE AND HAS NEVER HAD AN ORIGINAL IDEA IN HIS LIFE!!!
His movies are a direct ripoff of the Texas Chainsaw series. "Devil's" is pretty much Chainsaw 2, "1000 corpses" is Chainsaw 1. I thought I'd take a look at this hacks other work and see what else he stole. I was surprised by how many influential artists have been victim of this guy's plagiarism. If you have ever seen his artwork it is blatantly stolen from an artist called Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. His look was stolen from Al Jorgensen from Ministry.
His music...well lets just say there are at least a dozen artists who sound just like the guy.
I really hate his movies, his music and his art. He is a hack.

I also watched "The Man Who Would Be King" tonight. Amazing film. It's kinda old but it is one of the best flicks I've seen in a long time. Sean Connery and Michael Cain in their prime. Great Story, and an excellent cast. I recommend it.
Rob Zombie has come out and said that they his movies are homages to all the great horror directors he loves and admitted that he was trying to produce an ultimate remake. I dont think its stealing if you are inspired by someone and do an homage.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #499
alexamenos
Diamond Member

zombie may be a hack, but rejects and 1000 corpses rocked.

or if i must be a bit more movie critic wankerish--the inversion, at the end of rejects, of the protagonist as psychotic killer and the antagonist as the beautiful scantily clad screaming chick was just genius, and one of many millions of reasons to enjoy these movies.

i'll take this sort of flick over pre-teen arab chicken choker movies any day.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #500
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

300 = 100% overrated.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #501
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Babel.

Ok here's the thing, they really could've gone without some of that stuff. Although i will admit, watching that boy beat off was probably the funniest thing i've ever seen in a drama. They also could've gone on without that chicken scene. That was the most repulsive thing i've ever seen.

As for the movie itself, it had no plot.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #502
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

300, if you had seen it before everyone had started talking about it, was excellent. One of my coworkers admitted to me last week that he liked it, but because I had talked about it so much he was a bit disappointed.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #503
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The Prestige- Pretty solid movie, was confusing at first but it all makes sense in the end. One of those movies that rewards you for figuring it out at the end. Almost makes watching it the second time better than the first.

The Italian Job- Typical guy movie, and so I liked it. Car chases, action, explosions, punching, guns, secret agent work etc. Simple plot, but action packed enjoyable movie.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:27 AM   #504
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

my super ex girlfriend. might be a result of reverse 300(had no expectations for it whereas i had high expectations for 300) but i thought it was good. quite a few really funny moments.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #505
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
The Prestige- Pretty solid movie, was confusing at first but it all makes sense in the end. One of those movies that rewards you for figuring it out at the end. Almost makes watching it the second time better than the first.
I think we had an entire thread dedicated to the Prestige on here. you should search for it.

i loved it. thought it was one of the best movies of last year.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #506
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

The Holiday - surprisingly fresh
Rocky Balboa - dull as my boy scout knife from 1983.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #507
Nash13
Diamond Member

Beerfest- surprisingly funny

From Dusk til Dawn- another reason why Robert Rodriguez is my favorite director. Just a fun, whacky movie.

~The Salesman
Old 03-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #508
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I think we had an entire thread dedicated to the Prestige on here. you should search for it.

i loved it. thought it was one of the best movies of last year.
Oh cool, I didn't know that, I'll go look it up.

Edit: Found it, http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...light=Prestige

Seems like you guys feel the same way I do about it..

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 03-25-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #509
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
From Dusk til Dawn- another reason why Robert Rodriguez is my favorite director. Just a fun, whacky movie.
rodriguez and tarantino made a movie together, coming out soon...can't wait.

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-25-2007 at 03:46 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #510
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
rodriguez and tarantino made a movie together, coming out soon...can't wait.
grindhouse? thats looks like the dumbest effing movie ever. i know some people will love it but thats because some people love stupidity. an m16 or m4(cant remember which it was and i dont feel like looking up the preview) with a grenade launcher for a leg? and how the hell does she shoot it? i understand their movies dont even remotely care about realism but good grief.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #511
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
grindhouse? thats looks like the dumbest effing movie ever. i know some people will love it but thats because some people love stupidity. an m16 or m4(cant remember which it was and i dont feel like looking up the preview) with a grenade launcher for a leg? and how the hell does she shoot it? i understand their movies dont even remotely care about realism but good grief.
as it happens, my wife has red-rider bb gun for a left arm so it's not all that fanciful. also, you have the green lantern and the flash in your sig so I imagine you'd agree with me if I said that strict realism isn't a must for good story telling...
Old 03-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #512
Five-ofan
Guru

whats unrealistic about a guy with a ring that eminates green light that can do anything he can imagine????
Old 03-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #513
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
whats unrealistic about a guy with a ring that eminates green light that can do anything he can imagine????
ok -- you got me there...

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-25-2007 at 04:32 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #514
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Dead Man - One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
Happy Together - Mid 90s work from Wong Kar-Wai, when he really honed in on the style that has made him the most interesting/talented director working today.
Murder By Death - Loads of fun. Falk kills it in this flick.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #515
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 AM   #516
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Watched "Running With Scissors" tonight. Oh...my...god. What an amazingly wrenching film. I feel like I've been hit by a train.

I'd call this film equal parts "Tennenbaums" and "Requeim for a Dream," with a dash of "Basketball Diaries." As far as dark comedies go, this one is pitch freakin' black.

Annette Bening acted the hell out of this one. Truly an inspired performance. Jill Clayburgh was phenomenal in an understated role. Toss in Gwyneth Paltrow and Alec Baldwin and you've got a nice ensemble cast.

I damn near turned this movie off ten minutes in, but then I got hooked. A very powerful motion picture. Highly recommended.

Last edited by chumdawg; 04-11-2007 at 01:57 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #517
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I've been watching the first season of 24 on DVD and it's very very good. I wanted to start watching sooner, but figured it was better to watch it all the way from the begining on DVD to catch up rather than just start watching when the show's already in it's 6th season.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:13 AM   #518
Five-ofan
Guru

shooter-thought it was quite good.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #519
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

brick.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #520
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Watched "Running With Scissors" tonight. Oh...my...god. What an amazingly wrenching film. I feel like I've been hit by a train.

I'd call this film equal parts "Tennenbaums" and "Requeim for a Dream," with a dash of "Basketball Diaries." As far as dark comedies go, this one is pitch freakin' black.
yeah, watching Requiem was like being hit by a train as well.

I've always kind of liked baldwin, but i love him after getting hooked on 30 Rock. I was wondering what this movie was like.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?