Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much does gas cost where you live?

Here in Waco it is hovering around $2.78 a gallon.

And this interesting piece....

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS High gasoline prices are causing some people to take desperate measures.

Pawn shops say their business is increasing, with some customers saying they're selling things to buy gas.

Gas prices are climbing again, with most stations prices hovering at, or just below $3.00 a gallon. For some people the high fuel prices are overwhelming.

"We just have customers come in and have to tell us that they need money ‘till the end of the week, for gas to get back and forth to work," said pawn shop owner, Gerald Costner.

Everything from high end jewelry, to name brand purses, and televisions… pawn shop owners say they are seeing it all come in. They say customers are frustrated and have no place to go to get extra cash for gas.

"Some of the construction people tell us they are having to pawn their tools to buy gas, but when they pawn their tools they can't go out and work in the construction business ‘cause their tools are in pawn. So it kind of a catch-22,” Costner said.

Mary Rodriguez has worked at the Casa View Pawn Shop for five years. She says she's seen people of all ages coming in looking for help.

“We've always had a clientele of the young kids, or middle age kids, and now we’re getting an older generation. Which, it just seems wrong that they have to pawn things just to get gas, or ya know, to make ends meet on things like that."

As prices continue to rise at the pumps, many motorists say they don't see things getting better anytime soon, for the consumer.

“It is frustrating, but the thing is they know they can get away with it, because people need gas,” Rodriguez said.

At Casa View Pawn, the owner says they've seen the increase in numbers over the past couple months.

Last edited by Drbio; 04-22-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

In Williamsburg, VA it's about $2.85.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

$2.81 this morning at Braker & 183.

I check this site often.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Nice site...wish we had one.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

$2.83
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Paid 2.99 a couple nights ago.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Nice site...wish we had one.
dallasgasprices.com for dallas prices..

gasbuddy.com has links for all cities, so see if your city is on there

Last edited by rakesh.s; 04-22-2006 at 05:32 PM.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Wow 3.19?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
dallasgasprices.com for dallas prices..

gasbuddy.com has links for all cities, so see if your city is on there
Thanks man. That is great.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

$2.96.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #11
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Frankfurt/Germany:
1.359 Eur/l
1Eur = $1.234
1 gallon = 3.785 l

so here and today it is $6.35. Consider yourselves blessed.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

$6.35? Oh man that hurts. Of course, your mass transit system is much better than ours which probably helps.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #13
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Yes, at least in some parts it is, and the distances are shorter than yours in Texas are, but still, people here are driving German cars and those BMWs, Mercedeses and Porsches are no piggy banks. Right now, Germans are driving to Poland, the Czech Rep or Austria with their trunks full of spare cans just to save a few Euros. It's disgusting.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

wow. Why is so much higher there than Poland and the other places? I don't get it. The US has a lot to learn about efficient mass transit. When I lived in Japan it was freaking awesome. I could travel the country for literally a few dollars. Their system was great. European systems seemed to me to be pretty efficient as well although it has been a long time since I was there. Still...it has to be better than ours. Hope the cost falls for you. That is painful.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

We are at around $1.35 AUD ($1.00 USD) per litre, so just over $5.10 AUD ($3.79 USD) per gallon. With public transport that really isn't able to get me to and from work quickly, it is certainly not helping inflation!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!

Last edited by OzMavs; 04-23-2006 at 12:37 AM.
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Too much.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

About $2.49 a gallon, which hurts, because my Aston Martin Vanquish is pretty thirsty.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I've always been quite intrigued by the discussion of gas prices. I use 40 gallons or less a month. So if gas goes up 50 cents a gallon, that's twenty bucks a month from my pocket. Not a big deal, really. Now, I guess that high gas prices get sent down through the lines and end up hitting me in the pocket a little more than that, but I don't think much more.

So why all the hype about high gas prices?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand it either, Chum. I've heard a comedian say this once:
"People are bitchin' about gas prices, and cancelling trips like 'oh no, I was going to visit family in Arizona but gas went up over 15 cents.' It's like, what the hell, DON'T eat a doughnut on the way there and you've made up the gas money."
Old 04-23-2006, 01:34 AM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
"People are bitchin' about gas prices, and cancelling trips like 'oh no, I was going to visit family in Arizona but gas went up over 15 cents.' It's like, what the hell, DON'T eat a doughnut on the way there and you've made up the gas money."
lol, I think it's just cuz there's really no easy way to avoid using gas, so people are griping about it cuz they dont want to do anything about it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 04-23-2006, 02:25 AM   #22
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Maybe its people who work for Krispy Kreme that are bitchin' about the gas prices?

Old 04-23-2006, 03:11 AM   #23
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Question

How much do donuts cost where you live?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:05 AM   #24
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Here in Germany I pay €1,20 for a tiny little donut at Starbucks...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 04-23-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:59 AM   #25
OzMavs
Platinum Member

A donut? Costs around a minute on the lips, a month on the hips.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #26
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

You will bitch when you have a job that causes you to drive 2,000 miles a month. You will I promise.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/

Last edited by grbh; 04-23-2006 at 08:42 AM.
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to post GRBH that I drive EVERY MONTH 3,000 plus miles for work. Of course, I get 38.5c per mile, so I still easily make my spent money up and quite a bit to save for any repairs needed.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #28
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Some perspective:

According to the Department of Agriculture, the average price for a gallon of milk was around $4.65 in July 2005.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbh
You will bitch when you have a job that causes you to drive 2,000 miles a month. You will I promise.
Absolutely.

Last edited by Drbio; 04-23-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #30
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

i think a lot of people complain about gas prices because of the justification for it. people including myself wonder why gas prices rise due to a supposed shortage, yet the gas companies have recorded increases in profits each year.

i haven't done the research myself, but i've heard the profit numbers from my co-workers and it just doesn't settle right with me.

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #31
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

An arm and half my leg.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly
i think a lot of people complain about gas prices because of the justification for it. people including myself wonder why gas prices rise due to a supposed shortage, yet the gas companies have recorded increases in profits each year.

i haven't done the research myself, but i've heard the profit numbers from my co-workers and it just doesn't settle right with me.
Good question. And I thnk I speak for a lot of us who would like to ask another good question....can you post a bigger pic of your avatar?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #33
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

for your viewing pleasure, i give you kate beckinsale in all her glory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beckinsale Diet Coke.jpg (29.6 KB, 24 views)

Old 04-23-2006, 06:54 PM   #34
jly
Dirk for MVP

i hope the above image provides you all the enjoyment that it did me in finding it

Old 04-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #35
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Haha, it does

Old 04-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly
i hope the above image provides you all the enjoyment that it did me in finding it
Check your rep brutha!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #37
jly
Dirk for MVP

thanks for the love everyone

Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Check out this link....gas map for the United States.

Pretty interesting...

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
Old 04-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #39
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Check out this link....gas map for the United States.

Pretty interesting...

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
Well, looks like I am moving to Wyoming.

Freakin $2.95 for REGULAR. I am at least getting a diesel.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #40
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

$2+.87.....cary the one.....subtract the lifeforce.......ahhhhh and the answer is = TOO MUCH!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote