Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I've found a solution for sike.....

Beans cost $0.59 a can......the gas is free.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #42
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Luckily, I only need about a tank of gas a month for my 2 mile commute. If I didn't have to cross the tollway construction, etc., I'd ride a bike to work. My savings helps off-set my hubby's commuting cost (love those german made vehicles). Good thing we don't have a car payment! Yikes! How do people do it?! I know certain socioeconomic groups can only cut back on groceries and perhaps medical necessitities... pawning can only hold ya for so long.

I saw on the news this weekend that gas in Caracus is $0.12 a gallon. Ah, like a fairytale!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #43
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

If you buy beans by the bag, they are way cheaper than by the can! $0.88 for a whole pot!
Old 04-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #44
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I only need to fill up about once every 3 weeks since I live about 2 miles from work. The price has gone up to $2.88 at my regular station. I hate it. I remember paying like $.99 not so long ago. Those were the days...

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #45
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Last summer I drove all over the Mid-US and Pacific Northwest and back down south through California, Las Vegas, New Mexico, etc....

We took a picture of a gas station gas prices on our way south of the Death Valley towards Las Vegas where the gas was 2.99 a gallon. We thought that was outrageous. So that picture was for nothing, obviously.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #46
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

dang....I need me some beans!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM   #47
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
I only need to fill up about once every 3 weeks since I live about 2 miles from work. The price has gone up to $2.88 at my regular station. I hate it. I remember paying like $.99 not so long ago. Those were the days...
I remember going to RaceTrack by my town in Grand Prarie and getting it for $.99. That was greatness. ahh to go back in time and fill up as many gas cans as you can and save them for about 10 years.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Gas went over $4 a gallon in California last week.

raef- I remember those days too. Seems like yesterday.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #49
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Gas went over $4 a gallon in California last week.
I paid $3.12 yesterday. It was awful.

I'm rethinking my trip to SF now. Is crab worth it? Ok, yeah it is.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #50
Smiles
Diamond Member

87 octane was $2.99 on the corner of Legacy & Lebanon last night! I only got 2 gallons though because I'm waiting until May to fill up (redeeming my monthly Kroger $0.10/gallon discount).
Old 05-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #51
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Dayum, its up to 3.29 now here in Cupertino, CA

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:29 AM   #52
Drbio
Banned

ouch. I paid $2.549 today.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 AM   #53
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Tell me about it. Count yourselves very lucky.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #54
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
wow, the cheapest i've seen in dallas is $2.869.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #55
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

$2.79 in Miami, FL for the cheapest, but I do have to put premium on my vanquish and that's going for $3.09.

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-22-2006 at 09:48 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Gas was around $2.70 a few days back between Ft Worth and Weatherford. Most places have dropped since then, so I'm sure I can get it for somewhere in the mid $2.60's. But no...nothing as cheap as $2.54.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #57
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

3.10 here
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #58
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

bump....

depressing.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #59
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

lol, this sucks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #60
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha! Hilarious bump.

Cheapest is USD4.11
Premium is USD4.49 or thereabouts.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #61
Smiles
Diamond Member

This hurts.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #62
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

$2.78 sounds so damn good. Heck, $3.78 doesn't look too shabby now.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #63
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

$8.60 per gallon. Including massive taxes...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #64
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
$8.60 per gallon. Including massive taxes...
ouch.
4.39 or so is cheapest around here (LA)
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #65
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

It actually just hit $4.00 here where I live. I just got back from Tampa and it's still only around $3.85, same with Orlando.
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #66
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

1,52 - 1,54 - - - Euro per Liter.

Heating oil is at 98 Euro/100 l when you order 3000.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #67
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

3.90 today
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:34 AM   #68
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

$4.59

san francisco represent!

prices crept up towards 4 kind of sneakily, almost embarassed-like, up-down-up-up-down sort of thing. but since going over the magical four dollar threshold, gasoline has lost all shame in the bay and feels like it is beelining to five.

it's not as bad if you convert the prices to canadian dollars.... mighty dollar is oxymoron - ha ha.

i'm definitely riding public trans more as well as my motorcycle.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 06-13-2008 at 02:37 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #69
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

You can ride a transvestite in the public? S.F. is truly a progressive society....
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #70
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I'd choose the motorcycle.....
Old 06-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #71
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
bump....

depressing.
This thread died on May 22, 2006. As I recall, this was a glorious day in Mavericks history.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #72
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
You can ride a transvestite in the public? S.F. is truly a progressive society....
I thought it was allowed everywhere - just more popular here....

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #73
Smiles
Diamond Member

$4.299 at the Shell station on the Tollway & Stonebrook (Frisco) last night. I can't believe I ever thought $2.87 hurt!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:45 PM   #74
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
$4.299 at the Shell station on the Tollway & Stonebrook (Frisco) last night. I can't believe I ever thought $2.87 hurt!
Holy crap don't get gas there then. Drove by one in lewisville tonight for 3.86
Old 06-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #75
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

1,56 € on average *Sigh*
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #76
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

price came down a bit here in the Midwest US. I saw it at one station of 3.72 per gallon, but most stations are selling for about 3.85 per gallon.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #77
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Was this thread part of the overall social experiment?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Was this thread part of the overall social experiment?
All your behaviors are belong to drbio.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #79
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

4 bucks per gallon ? What are you complaining about ?

Take the girl, get in the car and step on the gas - it´s as yet fun.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-26-2008 at 11:12 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #80
bernardos70
Diamond Member

lol, I was having a discussion about this very thing, about how people are bitching about gas prices here when gas prices pretty much anywhere else in the world are much, MUCH higher.

Last edited by bernardos70; 06-26-2008 at 12:18 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote