Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default AI Trade rumor Chris Broussard, ESPN Insider

As for Dallas, I'm hearing from league execs that the Mavericks are willing to part with Jerry Stackhouse, Austin Croshere and Devin Harris. Stackhouse and Croshere have expiring contracts, so you're looking at Harris for Iverson.

That's not a bad deal for Philly, considering the Sixers should have a high draft pick based on their own futility this season. So if they can get a big man in the draft -- Greg Oden, Kevin Durant or Joakim Noah -- and put him next to Harris, Andre Iguodala, Sammy Dalembert, Rodney Carney and Kyle Korver, you're talking about a decent young team. You've got your point guard, your 7-footer, your athletic swing, your shooter and you're athletic shot blocker in S.D.

Dallas, on the other hand, would be as explosive as any club in the league. I believe Dirk Nowitzki could play next to A.I. because Dirk can catch and shoot. He doesn't need the ball in his hands a lot to produce big-time offense.

Jason Terry can also catch and shoot, so A.I. could handle the rock a lot and then kick out to Dirk and J.T. for buckets.

Plus, a lot of folks around the league think Dallas, as currently constructed, blew its chance to win a ring by dropping that 2-0 lead to Miami. So they may need to spice things up a bit.

Can Avery and A.I. coexist? Good question. A.I. has driven every coach he's had crazy, including his friend Maurice Cheeks.

Avery's as tough as they come. But so is A.I.

Maybe with a ring within eyeshot, A.I. would do the right thing.

If anyone's willing to take that risk, it's Mark Cuban. Or Joe Maloof.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Just put it through the ESPN Trade Checker. This would definitely put us over the top in my opinion for several years. We would have 3 guys with PER's over 24 (Josh, AI, Dirk), unheard of!!!!!!

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Dallas Mavericks

Incoming Players
Allen Iverson
Salary: $17,184,375 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 31.2 REB: 2.7 AST: 7.3 PER: 24.04

Outgoing Players: Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Austin CrosherePhiladelphia 76ers

Incoming Players
Devin Harris
Salary: $3,153,120 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 10.1 REB: 2.6 AST: 4.3 PER: 15.54

Jerry Stackhouse
Salary: $9,296,874 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 12.5 REB: 2.7 AST: 2.4 PER: 16.13

Austin Croshere
Salary: $7,300,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.5 REB: 2.5 AST: 0.3 PER: 6.18

Outgoing Players: Allen Iverson
Old 12-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I would be thrilled to have AI but if the plan is to get him and then turn Dirk into purely a spot up shooter than nevermind...

Last edited by Five-ofan; 12-11-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Hopefully, this will go to the Trade and Draft board section. . .

and it stays a rumor and never happens. I can't stand AI. He's too arogant to play with this team.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #5
Eman

AI is one of the best players in this league and a HUGE upgrade at the 1/2.

If we can get a superstar for 2 backups and a kid with potential, you gotta pull the trigger!

No Way anyone stops us with Dirk/AI/Josh out there.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

So the lineup would be:

AI/AJ
Terry/Buckner
Josh/George
Dirk/Pops?
Damp/Diop

Um, that is a REALLY good team full of guys that go all out and REALLY want to win. Damn! Our FTAs would go way up too!

I just don't know how I could argue with bringing him in! Devin, Stack, and Croshere for AI just makes way too damn much sense!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-11-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Broussard is just reading the message boards.

Cuban has flatly denied that they will part with Harris for Iverson. Unfortunately, I doubt he's lying.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Hopefully there is truth to this, I'd love to get AI.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #9
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Chris Broussard is just reading the message boards.

Cuban has flatly denied that they will part with Harris for Iverson. Unfortunately, I doubt he's lying.
Cuban never would have said that he likes Iverson to come to Dallas, because it would have weakened the Mavs position in trade talks.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i'd hate to lose Harris. he has a nice upside. but it is AI...we'll see i guess.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I would hate to lose Devin too, but seriously for AI? C'mon it's an absolute no brainer.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

It's always interesting to me when a rumor won't die. Is Broussard just late to the party, or was Mark simply posturing? Hopefully this thing resolves itself soon, one way or another. I'd like to know what conversations were happening though.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #13
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I also would hate to lose Devin. At the one side Harris has a big potential and could develop in a very good defensive pointguard which can go to the hoop and draw free throws. But how long would it last to develop into a pointguard who is nearly as good as Iverson. Nowitzki is now in his prime time and doesn´t become younger also. I don´t think Harris will ever be such a constant allstar player like AI. In my opinion, the only risk of the trade would be: Does the Trade break up the team chemistry?

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 12-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #14
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman
As for Dallas, I'm hearing from league execs that the Mavericks are willing to part with Jerry Stackhouse, Austin Croshere and Devin Harris. Stackhouse and Croshere have expiring contracts, so you're looking at Harris for Iverson.

That's not a bad deal for Philly, considering the Sixers should have a high draft pick based on their own futility this season. So if they can get a big man in the draft -- Greg Oden, Kevin Durant or Joakim Noah -- and put him next to Harris, Andre Iguodala, Sammy Dalembert, Rodney Carney and Kyle Korver, you're talking about a decent young team. You've got your point guard, your 7-footer, your athletic swing, your shooter and you're athletic shot blocker in S.D.

Dallas, on the other hand, would be as explosive as any club in the league. I believe Dirk Nowitzki could play next to A.I. because Dirk can catch and shoot. He doesn't need the ball in his hands a lot to produce big-time offense.

Jason Terry can also catch and shoot, so A.I. could handle the rock a lot and then kick out to Dirk and J.T. for buckets.

Plus, a lot of folks around the league think Dallas, as currently constructed, blew its chance to win a ring by dropping that 2-0 lead to Miami. So they may need to spice things up a bit.

Can Avery and A.I. coexist? Good question. A.I. has driven every coach he's had crazy, including his friend Maurice Cheeks.

Avery's as tough as they come. But so is A.I.

Maybe with a ring within eyeshot, A.I. would do the right thing.

If anyone's willing to take that risk, it's Mark Cuban. Or Joe Maloof.
I say DONT pull the trigger. The Mavs would lose salary flexibilty, increase salary, have another cancer clause player contract in the way of getting younger, and lose 3 rotation players for one. To me, that takes away from our depth and youth.

I am not for this trade at all. I love A.I. and the way he plays with heart, but not at the expense of giving up our youth in Harris. We were a title team w/Harris, so I feel we are still a title team for now and for many years down the road, plus some salary flexibility is coming our way with Finley contract about to end, Stack and Croshere contract ending, so we can pick them up for cheap.

Lastly, too many questions about how A.I. would fit with our coach. I dont see this as a good thing at all. Short term YES!!! JMVHO...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #15
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

the only thing great about Devin Harris is his speed. we can give him up for Allen F'N Iverson.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #16
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Is there a link or anything?

I went and read Broussard's blog on ESPN. He openly admits that he is rooting for Iverson to go to Dallas or Minnesota, but he acknowledges in the same entry that Mark Cuban has said he is not in the bidding.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #17
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

AI's the most underrated playmaker in the game. He is NOT the selfish player he is often made out to be, he plays with heart, and he obviously has talent. Also, he may not have Devin's speed, but that ankle-breaker move obviously allows him to penetrate just as well as Devin, and he's obviously more aggressive than Devin. No brainer, but unfortunately, I doubt Avery wants him on the team and I doubt Cubes was lying when he said we wouldn't do it.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #18
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban already said no. That means no. Thread locked. (I wish i had locking capabilities.)
Old 12-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm

time will tell!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #20
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

not pursuing Iverson could cost us an NBA championship or two.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #21
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

We've been beating this dead horse for too long and in too many threads. We all know what everyone else thinks should happen, and we also know there's at least a 99.9% chance it won't. Everyone should just shut up unless and until a trade actually happens.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #22
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

If you want to buy something do you tell the salesman that you would love to have it and jeopardise a good bargaining position. I hope not!

"Talk to the claw."

Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #23
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
If you want to buy something do you tell the salesman that you would love to have it and jeopardise a good bargaining position. I hope not!

You do if the item wants to be sold and wants nothing to do with the salesman.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #24
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I would welcome it if it were to happen.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #25
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

IDK it all seesm like rumors guys...but ther more you think about it the more it looks like we mite go for it...I think it wil come down to Dallas and NY

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Cuban already said no. That means no. Thread locked. (I wish i had locking capabilities.)
While locking skills are cool, they're no bow hunting skills.

Post editing skills are pretty cool. Kg excercised some of those on my ass this a.m.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I'd just trump you with my superthread opening powers.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #28
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity

Post editing skills are pretty cool. Kg excercised some of those on my ass this a.m.

hahahaha
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #29
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity

girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #30
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Another Chip in ...

If you make it Croshere, Stackhouse, Harris, Ager, Diop and a first for Iverson and Dalembert you have a solid trade for Phillie ... they dump huge salaries (CWebb will be gone in the offseason), keep a young core of hungry players (Igoudala, Kover, Harris, Diop) and can target some Big Guy in Free Agency along with some solid lottery pick they´ll get this year when missing the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nights like tonight could convince Cuban to reconsider...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #32
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Nights like tonight could convince Cuban to reconsider...
it's one game, and Utah is a great team...give it a rest..seriously.

I can guarantee that you'll be complaining about Iverson not passing the ball to Dirk if the mavs trade for him.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #33
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Devin is so overrated. I would deal him in a second.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rakesh, go screw yourself. Give it a rest? What in the hell are you talking about? Did I say "I think the Mavs should go after Iverson?" No. Do I think that Cuban is bordering on wanting to make the deal regardless of what he says? Yes. Do I think that a few poor games in a 5-6 game stretch can change his mind? Yes.

Don't f' with me.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-11-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #35
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wow.....I got a feelin that by the end of this week Iverson could be a Mav. Maybe Terry is involved and they are waiting till the 14th or w.e date tht is.

But i see it being Harris, Stack, and Cro.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 12-11-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #36
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
it's one game, and Utah is a great team...give it a rest..seriously.

I can guarantee that you'll be complaining about Iverson not passing the ball to Dirk if the mavs trade for him.
Utah is a great team...But Iverson avarages 9 assists a game..which last time i cheked is more than Harris and Jet combined...so I dont think many people would copplain bout him not passing because he would do it.

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 12-11-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
Devin is so overrated. I would deal him in a second.
Agree

........GO MAVS
Old 12-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #38
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

What's the thing that Jet and JHo lack? Consistency. If either could support Dirk and the team on a regular basis, I'd be all for giving AI the finger, but I just haven't seen it from either one of them.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #39
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Diavlo
What's the thing that Jet and JHo lack? Consistency. If either could support Dirk and the team on a regular basis, I'd be all for giving AI the finger, but I just haven't seen it from either one of them.
Jet is struggling because he was takin out of his role to make room for Harris. The result is that Jet struggles and with Harris at point the team struggles IMO.

So I say put Jet bak at pg and go from there?

........GO MAVS
Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #40
jdrules05

jdrules05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Jet is struggling because he was takin out of his role to make room for Harris. The result is that Jet struggles and with Harris at point the team struggles IMO.

So I say put Jet bak at pg and go from there?

Agreed.

Dirk For MVP
jdrules05 is offline   Reply With Quote