Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road
Default Only 22 dead since george bush was re-elected

It's been just over a week since the election ended and hey, only 22 more soldiers have died, not bad for republicans.

Twenty-Two U.S. Troops Killed in Falluja -U.S. General

By Terry Friel

NEAR FALLUJA, Iraq (Reuters) - Twenty-two American troops have been killed and 170 wounded in the four-day assault on Falluja that has seen U.S. forces take about 80 percent of the rebel city so far, a U.S. Marine general said on Friday.

Lieutenant General Thomas Sattler, commander of the offensive, said five Iraqis had also been killed in the operation launched in a blaze of artillery fire on Monday. But U.S. forces were still conducting house-to-house searches for insurgents.

"We occupy about 80 percent of the city right now," Sattler told reporters at a U.S. base on the edge of Falluja. "There is much clearing to be done even though we occupy about 80 percent."

U.S.-led troops battling to take control ran into areas of fierce resistance on Friday as aid agencies pressed for access to get food and water to needy civilians trapped inside.

Hours after the U.S. Marines said insurgents were penned into the south of Falluja, a battle erupted in the northwest of the Sunni Muslim city, a nerve-center of guerrilla activity.

Sattler said U.S.-led forces had gained the upper hand in the battle, killing about 600 insurgents and capturing 150 during the assault, including at least a dozen foreigners, ten of whom were believed to be from neighboring Iran.

Iraqi officials say foreign Islamic militants are behind much of the bloodshed gripping Iraq (news - web sites), many of them based in Falluja, and have vowed to crush the insurgency ahead of elections scheduled for January.

"Our goal right now, we feel we've broken their back and their spirit, is to keep the heat on them," Sattler said of the militants still holed in Falluja, known as the city of mosques.

"The operation is going extremely well and we will continue to press the enemy until we have in fact returned Falluja to the Fallujans."

He said about 300 people had negotiated their surrender on Friday at mosque in the city, 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad, but U.S.-led forces were trying to ascertain how many of them were fighters and how many civilians.

The U.S. military acknowledges insurgent leaders and other militants may have fled before the attack -- especially since it was clear for nearly a month before the offensive that it would happen -- but says those who remain are cornered.

"They are foreigners. They were not invited to come to Iraq and we want them out of here," Thaer al-Naqib, a spokesman for Iraq's interim prime minister, told reporters.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Only 22 dead since george bush was re-elected

It's sad to see you gloat over the death of American heros.

Fortunately, YOUR President, George W. Bush is on the job and will do the right thing.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:06 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

How many hundreds, if not thousands, of jihadist terror warriors, Baathist thugs, and cowardly hostage beheaders have been sent to hell over that same period of time? It's terrible that some of our brave servicemen have paid the ultimate sacrifice to fight the practitioners of terror overseas, but they sure as hell have been giving out better than they have got, and regardless of whatever morbid, mercenary laments that you or your fellow leftist, Michael Moore body counters have to bleat about it, those brave troops have made the world safer for for America and for American traditions of freedom, and their families sure as heck can be proud of that.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot to include your hero...the terrorist arafat....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

vinnie and mavdog have consistently provided backhanded and not so backhanded support to terrorists wiht this kind of crap.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:30 PM   #6
vinnieponte

Default RE:Only 22 dead since george bush was re-elected

my point being: BUSH HAS SENT 22 MORE SOILDER TO THEIR DEATHS FOR??????
Old 11-12-2004, 04:40 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
my point being: BUSH HAS SENT 22 MORE SOILDER TO THEIR DEATHS FOR??????
Sick.
The Soldiers that died, did so for your sake. So you can publicly accuse Bush of their deaths on a message board. So you and your family can sleep at night safely. Sleep without being killed by terrorists abroad.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:55 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

You make me sick vinnie.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:57 PM   #9
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

It's ridiculous the amount of support these soldiers get. They are over there fighting to keep us all safe... I'm sure they could do without us belittling their cause and complaining that they shouldn't be there. Wouldn't a little support be nice Vinnie? Or are you too pre-occupied with the small number of people who (willingly) gave their lives to make this world a better place?

Jeez.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:02 PM   #10
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
my point being: BUSH HAS SENT 22 MORE SOILDER TO THEIR DEATHS FOR??????.....
...Clinton's inaction.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:03 PM   #11
vinnieponte

first off I posted months ago that my brother is currently serving over seas, so its personal as well as political. My point being bush is sending "our" soilders to their death for what? And why didn't he do this a few weeks before the election. The numbers keep rising and you keep defeding the man who keeps sending them.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #12
vinnieponte

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
You make me sick vinnie.
the feeling is mutual dr. I wish you would meet me in person to talk it over
Old 11-12-2004, 05:05 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
You make me sick vinnie.
the feeling is mutual dr. I wish you would meet me in person to talk it over
Hilarious. Does anyone want to tell him or should I accomodate the little freak?

You simply aren't worth a single drop of blood that any of our soldiers have spilled.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:10 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful what you wish for, VP... I've met both you and Doc in person, and I would say that Doc easily has about 4-5 inches and 40-50 pounds on you.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
first off I posted months ago that my brother is currently serving over seas, so its personal as well as political. My point being bush is sending "our" soilders to their death for what? And why didn't he do this a few weeks before the election. The numbers keep rising and you keep defeding the man who keeps sending them.
I have relatives over in Iraq including one cousin that has died during the fighting. Plus, my best friend of 15 years is over there as well. Yes, I can understand that it's personal with you, but that still doesn't explain why your position. It's personal with me as well, and I fully support the President. Just because it's personal does not mean that you're against the President.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Be careful what you wish for, VP... I've met both you and Doc in person, and I would say that Doc easily has about 4-5 inches and 40-50 pounds on you.
I've never met Vinnie in person, but unless he's roughly the size of Big Boy Laroux, I don't think Doc has anything to worry about.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Then stop your damned whining and show some respect for your brother's sacrifices.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:38 PM   #18
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Exactly Kiki.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:21 AM   #19
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Is this high school? VP wants to meet doc in the parking lot, immature fool
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote