Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-27-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe. I get to start another one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I don't think the Mavs are going to thump the Warriors like they've done in the past. We better shoot lights out and play some of the same defense that we've been playing cause we're going to get murdered on the boards against this team. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I go see the same teams play in Oakland on Saturday and Im glad for a preview of how the game might go.

Still, I look for the Mavs to use momentum and come away with a win against the Warriors.
Old 11-27-2001, 12:43 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are going to have their hands full with GS's frontcourt, especially if Bradley's out. But if Dirk and Nash are on again, this should be a win. Mavs 102, Warriors 93
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:29 PM   #3
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

If the big 3 can shoot 50%, the Mavs should get a win. Less than that and I'm worried because Golden State isn't going to give many second chances.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:36 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

one reason golden state has so many rebounds is because they can't shoot...this allows more opportunities for offensive rebounds.
they barely shoot 40% from the floor
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:47 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

let's see...the golden state warriors have the most offensive rebounds in the NBA this year...percentage wise....this has alot to do with the fact that they are the worst shooting team in the NBA...you miss more shots, you have more opportunities for offensive rebounds.

now, the warriors are ranked in the middle of the pack with defensive rebounds...so, let's not jump to any conclusions..actually, look at the facts and realize why they are rebounding so well offensively..because they can't hit a shot if they had to.
they are shooting .410 from the floor..that is hideous
Old 11-27-2001, 03:52 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Good stats murph.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 04:27 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

thanks mffl...
remember..i'm the stats guru whenever necessary.
i'm just glad that school is finally ending so i can properly follow the mavericks...
my post per day average is just not acceptable at this point in the season
Old 11-27-2001, 04:39 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

My posts per day are not acceptable yet either. I've just been having some things from my store that were beating me down. The only reason I started posting again was when a lot of people started ragging on Juwan when he was having a consistent season and achieving the goals that we all wanted him to achieve.
Old 11-27-2001, 04:51 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

i admit, he is rebounding better..i will give him that.
but, his defense is pathetic and never will get better..therefore, i can never allow myself to not bash juwan..he deserves it and needs it. personally, he's my favorite player to bash in all of sports..i will not stop until he retires or leaves the mavericks organization
Old 11-27-2001, 08:06 PM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

105-92
Old 11-27-2001, 08:57 PM   #11
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Down 13 already....damn that jamison
Old 11-27-2001, 09:03 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

DAMN! We're getting blown out. Somebody needs to guard Jamison.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:05 PM   #13
jules88

jules88 is on a distinguished road

please put in Harvey or Najera. I want to see these guys play some.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:24 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Good lord, Jamison scores 23 in the 1st quarter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . We're getting killed on the boards.

Come on Mavs, IT"S THE FREAKIN WARRIORS!!!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 09:27 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

DAMMIT! I thought we had figured out a few things over the last 3 games. We had the worst quarter I have seen in a long time - the Mavs barely survived the first.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:38 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

62-49. Ugh, is this what Im going to have to watch on Saturday?

Who is matched up with Jamison, anyway?

Dirk has 14 on 5-11 shooting.

Fin has 24 on 10-18 shooting or something close to that.

Nash is like 1-7.

But, you know it's bad when your leading rebounder for tonight's game is our pg with 5 or 6, I think.

Old 11-27-2001, 09:39 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

Down 13 at the half? We can overcome that but we cannot have a slow start to the third.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:43 PM   #18
LongHornMav

LongHornMav is on a distinguished road

We've been doubled in the rebounding dept. No comeback can be achieved if we don't improve on that in the second half.
LongHornMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:13 PM   #19
MFFL
Guru

Up by 3 after 3. Life is better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 10:16 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Do you think Fin will get his new career high? Im pretty sure it's 39 and he has 32 right now.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:19 PM   #21
LongHornMav

LongHornMav is on a distinguished road

Rebounds in second half so far Mavs 14 GS 10!
LongHornMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 10:39 PM   #22
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

I can forgive the Mavs the first quarter because of the game they have put together since. Finley has been out of his mind. Dirk has given us another example of a 'quiet night' by a genuine superstar. Nash hasn't been incredible but he's gotten the job done and even more importantly Hardaway has done the same. Howard, Griffin, and Harvey have shown us a big-time bench.

I hope Finley gets one more basket--he deserves a new career high.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 11-27-2001, 10:56 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Yeah, Finley deserved a new career high, but didn't get it. He did, however, tie it.

He had 37pts with over 5 minutes left in the game and only took 2 more shots. Did they go away from him, was he double-teamed or what?

Dirk seemed to take a lot of those shots during that time and converted on them. Good for him. Another good game from him.

Im happy that we got the win, especially after the poor start, but Fin should've had a new career high. Maybe he'll do it on Saturday and I can see it live.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:05 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

finley...amazing...
if it's not him keeping the mavs in a game..it's dirk..or nash...or even howard once..

great comeback..
finley, maybe the best game you've ever played.
dirk, somehow scored a quiet 30+ points...

griffin and harvey were huge off of the bench.
griffin should move into the starting lineup..like earlier predicted
;-)

definitely a rewarding win for us mavs fans
Old 11-27-2001, 11:14 PM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well, we pulled it out but it sure was UGLY in the 1st half. Finley, Dirk = Simply AWESOME!!! Griffin played great too.

4th largest comeback in Mavs. WOOHOOO!!!! Chalupas for the people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 11:32 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

I only watched the 1st quarter, then bits and pieces of the game afterwards. Why are so many Mavs games on Tuesday? My fiancee HAS to watch "Blue" and "Judging Amy".

Oh well, I took the remote and watched the end - no loving for me tonight!
Old 11-28-2001, 03:20 AM   #27
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

fin did get a new career high...his previous high was 38...tonight he had 39.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 09:30 AM   #28
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

No they didn't go away from Finley he just played like the unselfish player he has been. Also for all those people who were thinking Fin was still trying to keep himself in the "limelight", last night should be an example that he's ALWAYS team first. He got 4 assists in the fourth quarter. Also when he was hot and probably should have been demanding the ball, on TWO occassions he directed traffic to the opposite side of the floor so that Dirk would get it in the post because Dirk was just ABUSING Murphy. That was good that he spotted that out and he made sure they took advantage of that. You know the players wanted Fin to get a new career high, but being the savy leader he is, he deferred his only personal stats so that Dirk could apply the KNOCK out punch! GREAT GAME!

That's a leader. I know one thing, one of those offensive boards Fin got was AMAZING, he skyed over EVERYONE!
Old 11-28-2001, 10:02 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

I agree with much of what you said.
Last night was perhaps the best game i have ever seen Mike Finley play.
Great game
Old 11-28-2001, 12:57 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

What was with Fin last night? I didn't see the game but caught enough highlights to figure out that he was attacking the basket more than usual and just looked agressive. Congrats to him. Let's hope he puts in a few more games like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TheKid, I did catch that rebound that, I believe, your talking about. There was 4 GS players around the basket and I think Griffin and someone else, Dirk, I believe. Fin is at around the free throw line and he watched Griff shoot the ball and, like, knew it was going to be a miss and darted to the basket and borrowed hops from Harvey, grabbed that rebound out of the crowd and got the easy put-back. It was nice to see that from Fin.

The Crippler, Fin tied his career high. He had 39 against Cleveland in 1998.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:48 PM   #31
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

TheKid nicely summarized what happened in the 4th quarter. Finley played an incredible game and he very much played it within the flow of the Mavericks offense. In the 4th quarter, he could have gotten another basket for a career high, but since at that point Dirk had an even better match-up, Finley gave it to him for the knock-out.

And yes, the best thing about Finley's game last night was how he was going to the basket and using his impressive leaping ability in a way he doesn't normally do. I don't know what got into him, maybe, watching the way Golden State seemed to be on pogo sticks in the first half. Nelson should make him watch the tape of this game before every game.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:24 PM   #32
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I didn't get to see the game (I was at the Weezer concert), but I have a hard time believing this was Fin's best game ever. On multiple occasions the man has gone off for triple-doubles along the lines of 35/11/10 (mostly against the Suns). It seems he had a great game, but it's actually kind of an insult to him to say it's the best of his career...

It says a lot that Fin cares more about winning than about a statistic.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:54 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

I know he has had triple doubles in his career.
but fin was solid dishing the ball and shot the ball as well as he ever will.
what really makes it maybe the best game i've ever seen is that he dished the ball well and shot well..and was the only reason the mavs stayed remotely in it until dirk took off....he was solid defensively for most of the night and solid handling the ball.
do you have any idea how many turnovers he has had when he gets his triple doubles?
..against golden state, there wasn't an area that you could question in the least bit with fin's performance
Old 11-29-2001, 11:57 AM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

and besides, I said it was perhaps the best game "I" have ever seen him play..not the best game tht you have seen him play
Old 12-06-2001, 09:41 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

just bumping this up...what's it from ..a week ago?
just thought some of you would like to read some of the posts ... try not to "selectively" read