Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-12-2002, 10:14 AM   #41
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

I am a new member as of yesterday and this is my very 1st thread to reply on, but I have question!?! Is this the kind of bullshit a newbie should expect on this site? I hear more name calling and bickering than I do Mavs talk. Last I checked this forum was for Mavs chat not "The Personal Insult Forum". If this is what this board is all about, take me the hell off. As for saying I'm not real or I am someone other than who I say I am (Murph, I'm talking to you!), stop by Section 13 row B seat 7 at ALL Maverick games and see if I'm real.

Base Line Guy

Old 02-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #42
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

baseline, it's funny, but this board used to be the best until a bad virus hit it at the beginning of the year. The mods basically pussed out and let it come back under a new name. Sorry Rob and DJ, but it's true... Now, all hell has broken out. Most of the old posters don't really come around anymore, and it's getting to be pretty worthless like mavtalk and the espn boards. DJ and Rob know how to make it better, but I, like many of the posters here for the last year, don't see it changing. Oh well...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:19 AM   #43
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< I am a new member as of yesterday and this is my very 1st thread to reply on, but I have question!?! Is this the kind of bullshit a newbie should expect on this site? I hear more name calling and bickering than I do Mavs talk. Last I checked this forum was for Mavs chat not &quot;The Personal Insult Forum&quot;. If this is what this board is all about, take me the hell off. As for saying I'm not real or I am someone other than who I say I am (Murph, I'm talking to you!), stop by Section 13 row B seat 7 at ALL Maverick games and see if I'm real.

Base Line Guy
>>

No, that is NOT what you should expect being a Newbie on this site. Unfortunatley 1 or 2 bad apples have made it their mission for it to be that way though. 99% of this boards members have a genuine respect for each other and there opinions, even though they may or may not agree. Over the last several weeks we've been trying to rid the board of all the name calling, insults, and personnal attacks. Unfortunatly it's been much more difficult then we had hoped. We're doing our best, trust us. So until the problem is 100% resolved, i'd ask that you just ignore the bs and concentrate on the good quality around the site. Beleive me, it heavily outweighs the bad.

Welcome to the board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:56 AM   #44
LAC-HocusPocus
Banned

LAC-HocusPocus is on a distinguished road

Yea base line guy, just ignore it man. The reason I get insulted is because some of these guys are upset that I wont argue with them. That is getting them more upset by the post. Take a look at some previous posts where I was insulted, and notice how I just ignored them. I have learned not to take it so personal with the help of a good friend on this board. Don't let them get to you, they will get what they deserve in due time man, trust me. Rob and Dj are good people, that is not the way you want to look at this board. This is a great site man, with the exception of a few guys who are cancers and wont let stuff go. Keep posting man, and don't let them get to you.
As you can see from some guy who have to much time on his, he signed up under a name similar to mine. Notice he has an _, and not an - between LAC and Hocus. DJ, and Rob will take care of him. I have a feeling I know who it is, and I am sure DJ knows who it is too. DJ, Rob just ban the guy, I think you both might have some idea as to who it is. We all know it is not me, the real LAC-HocusPocus.
LAC-HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #45
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

We all know you didn't go to the game RCF...give it up.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #46
LAC-HocusPocus
Banned

LAC-HocusPocus is on a distinguished road

Hales you are obviously not that smart, notice that my name and that guys name is different. LOL man, how uneducated can 1 man be?
LAC-HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:16 PM   #47
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Base Line,

I am basically new also and I've tried to ignore most of the stuff. But it is a pain when a person comes to the board and sees new messaages were posted. Then you waste your time going through all the garbage to see if anyone posted a worthwhile topic or discussion.

Even if I disagree with someone's point of view on a Mavs related subject, I find it worthwhile.

But those who get involved in name calling, and posting bogus topics end up hi-jacking the boards and driving away those of us interested in Mavs/NBA.

Unfortunately, as long as everyone has access to a board, I see no solution. You are relying upon the maturity and common courtesy of the general population. We already know what that is like by the examples set here and on other boards.

mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #48
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

LAC,

Thnx for the reply, but PLEASE practice what you preach.......LET IT GO. I could give 2 shits if someone has has a _ or a - between their name........Let's talk HOOPS!

How many games are we going to win this year? Do we have what it takes to handle SA or LAL? (I do realize this should be a new thread, but I'm trying to change the subject)

Base Line Guy
Old 02-12-2002, 12:51 PM   #49
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how many games we are going to win during the regular season, but I honestly do think we can beat the Spurs and Lakers in the playoffs if we are at the top of our game.

I know it might sound crazy because the Lakers have dominated us in terms of wins and losses but in most of the games we have been RIGHT THERE. Shots just haven't but falling, but I think by the end of the year we will be ready for them, and hopefully Fin and Buck will both be 100% healthy and worked back into the rotation.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:01 PM   #50
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

This could all be solved very simply if LAC would have a snapshot of himself taken with his friends on the Clippers and then scan it into his computer.

I believe there is a capability to add that picture to the bottom of his post so we all could see he and his buddies &quot;hanging out.&quot;

I would think even pictures taken at the All-Star game posted at the end of his comments would lend some credence to his boasts.

Maybe even a photo of the season ticket receipt he has for the Mavericks might add to his believability.

Or a rendition of him standing next to a poster of Elton Brand in his room might do the trick. Of course the Brittany Spears and N'Sync posters would need to be taken down else his musical taste would be ridiculed.

If this were really so important that every few days he comments about whom he knows and where they were together, this would solve so much of this &quot;I know you are but what am I,&quot; horse manure.

I'm curious how this notion will be responded to.

Are you dancin' or deliverin', Clippersboy?

Old 02-12-2002, 01:04 PM   #51
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

I agree w/ Hales. We do have what it takes to beat both LAL and SA. I would take the game we played LAL a few Sunday's a go EVERYTIME. We win that game 8/10 times. Our shots were just not falling and how many times can you say that happens all year that EVERYONE is cold? Not many! The team that really scares me is SAC. They are a mirrior image of us, with one exception.....Webber factor. He's the real deal. I think they are a little better defensively and as for the outside shot........just as good as us.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:01 PM   #52
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

As to Lakers, they have shown they are vulnerable this year in several games. I don't care how good you are, you can't always just &quot;turn it on&quot; whenever you feel like it. Sometimes sloppy play becomes a habit hard to break at the last minute.

As to SA, we are competitive with them now, and I expect we will get better over the last few games.

SAC-Juwan has been effective against Webber in the past and I don't see any reason to believe that is going to change anytime soon. May be a good enough reason not to pull the trigger on any Howard trade unless it is guaranteed to make us better.

TWolves can be troublesome for us.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote