Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #81
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
That one's pretty obvious... sorta. Remember how he can lock at clocks and watches and just "know" how they work? He just looked at her brain, realized how the part, where her power is coming from, works, and then had the power.

That's pretty flimsy though, but it has something to do with "knowing how things work"

If the power is coming from a certain part of the brain though that kinda goes against suresh's recent discovery about the adrenaline activators.
adrenaline is in the brain - in the brain it's called noradrenaline. It's just another neurotransmitter.

"knowing how things work" is a goofy power. It reminds me of the X-kid character who would just "know a language" just by hearing a couple words. That guy had a cool friend, though - the binary alien thing.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #82
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

well is noradrenaline only released from a certain part of the brain?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #83
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
well is noradrenaline only released from a certain part of the brain?
no, it's systematic. But it would work differently in different parts of the brain, depending on the individual (and any freakish super-power giving genetic mutations they might have). Maybe he's looking at the pituitary (is that the right place?)- where noradrenaline flows out into the body. Or maybe her particular mutation is the development of a specific part of the brain that does add something to the noradrenaline. Or maybe Suresh is an idiot (well, that's a given) and adrenaline is only tangentially related.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #84
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
adrenaline is in the brain - in the brain it's called noradrenaline. It's just another neurotransmitter.

"knowing how things work" is a goofy power. It reminds me of the X-kid character who would just "know a language" just by hearing a couple words. That guy had a cool friend, though - the binary alien thing.
"Knowing how things work" isn't that goofy when you refer to it by something cool like "intuitive aptitude."
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #85
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
"Knowing how things work" isn't that goofy when you refer to it by something cool like "intuitive aptitude."
hah. Good point. Your super power must be something like: BS transmogrifier. (oh, mine's not )

edit: I just realized - Suresh's super power (the one he was born with) might also be something cool like "ineptive aptitude."

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 09-25-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #86
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, did anyone else think it was AWESOME when the German used his magnetic powers to... wait for it...

OPEN THE CAR DOORS? AWESOME!

i think they did enough in these episodes to keep me into it. But we'll see where it goes. I think they need to just stop with the time travel. creates way too many loopholes.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #87
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i think they did enough in these episodes to keep me into it. But we'll see where it goes. I think they need to just stop with the time travel. creates way too many loopholes.
it is messy, but they are stuck. The two most popular heroes are time travelers. What're you gonna do?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I keep forgetting which show it is that I'm watching.. Am I watching Heroes or The 4400? The first hour was absolutely terrible. It was bad enough to where I had to turn it off and take a couple days off before watching the second hour. After watching the first episode, I'm about 3-4 bad episodes away from dropping the series. The acting is absolutely horrible.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #89
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I've just gone cross eyed

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it is messy, but they are stuck. The two most popular heroes are time travelers. What're you gonna do?
I don't like the time travel at all...
Old 09-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I don't like the time travel at all...
thats only because it makes you feel impotent.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #92
Murphy3
Guru

No, not being able to maintain an erection to bone your wife makes me feel impotent.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #93
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sylar looked delicious in the previews.

That's all I've got.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

The only thing that was worth a damn in the first 2 episodes was the introduction of the new villains.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-30-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #95
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The only thing that was worth a damn in the first 2 episodes was the introduction of the new villains.
well, quit watching. Nothing makes less sense than people watching a show just to complain about it. It's like being a Clippers fan or something.

This show kicks butt. Whatever faults it had last season have been more than made up for already now. The plot is great: Hiro and Suresh are both reaping the rewards of their goofballness and gullibilities. Mrs. Petrelli is finally just outright evil, etc. etc.

The acting has more than picked up: come on - the cheerleader did a fine job the last episode. Sylar, HRG, Mrs. Petrelli, even Peter are looking like real characters.

There's a great balance between tease and resolution. We know that, some people are going to be evil this season, we've seen some already, and we've got lots of stuff still to wonder about.

Not liking this show at this point says more about the haters than the show.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #96
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Heroes will always have cheesy acting. I'm not expecting that to EVER improve.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #97
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this weeks episode was fun as heck. I don't know how you could be against seeing Sylar and HRG teamed up. That was unexpected and hilarious.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #98
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Heroes will always have cheesy acting. I'm not expecting that to EVER improve.
just don't go in with your eyes closed, cause it already has. It might just be from velveeta to gouda, but it's gotten better.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

I like Sylar and HRG together..and I like me some Haitian!!!

"Have I been replaced?"

Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #100
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This show and I are in a place where I am not really going to say anything nice about it, but I intend to keep watching.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #101
sike
The Preacha

You can't even say nice things about HRG? He throws a ball against a wall very menacingly!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #102
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
just don't go in with your eyes closed, cause it already has. It might just be from velveeta to gouda, but it's gotten better.
Velveeta to gouda is a HUGE leap. If the acting has improved, it's gone from velveeta to cheese-in-a-can.

I CAN ACT!

I'm still watching, but i'm not blind to the cheesiness and flaws of the show. I was critical of LOST in its weak shows as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #103
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's more like stadium quality nacho cheese...you know, the kind that they put in the plastic tray in the big square in the corner.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #104
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I was critical of LOST in its weak shows as well.
Please don't compare the weakness of LOST with Heroes....it puts a sharp pain in my left side...

Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #105
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I only said that because UL is a Heroes apologist and has claimed that we are all LOST apologists. I'm just letting him know I have the ability to be critical of all shows I watch.

But yeah, LOST is much better than heroes.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #106
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think it's more like stadium quality nacho cheese...you know, the kind that they put in the plastic tray in the big square in the corner.
not to de-rail the thread... ok, nevermind, i will de-rail the thread.

That little square in the corner NEVER holds enough cheese for all the chips. NEVER! That container needs a serious redesign.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
That little square in the corner NEVER holds enough cheese for all the chips. NEVER! That container needs a serious redesign.
You see my point, that's got Heroes written all over it!

<ducks>
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #108
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I only said that because UL is a Heroes apologist and has claimed that we are all LOST apologists. I'm just letting him know I have the ability to be critical of all shows I watch.

But yeah, LOST is much better than heroes.
1st of all, LOST SUCKS. 2nd, I don't care who you apologize for, I got run off the lost thread for peeing at your cereal. 3rd, I'll go no lower than sharp chedder. This show has (has!) made a huge leap in acting quality. (Maybe guvment yellow, (but not the guvment white. (I draw the line at guvment white cheese!)LOST SUCKS) Heroes is awesome!)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #109
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got around to watching this week's episode. It wasn't bad. I do really enjoy Sylar and HRG, and I was happy to see the Haitian. Also, no Indian-Fly-Dude and annoying Spanish girl is a huge plus.

It's not a terrible show. It's just disappointing becuase it had so much promise in season one. I shall continue to watch on evenings when I have little else.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #110
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
It's just disappointing becuase it had so much promise in season one. I shall continue to watch on evenings when I have little else.
Its not a terrible show because it is ripping off the best of the Marvel storylines...but the acting is laughable at times.

I do heart the Sylar/HRG hookup though...they be my favorite peeps on this (American Cheese at BEST!) show.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #111
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's just disappointing becuase it had so much promise in season one. I shall continue to watch on evenings when I have little else.
So far this season, they are living up to that promise, and delivering even more.

and sike - they are ripping off storylines from more places than Marvel. And they're doing a pretty good job of it, as well.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #112
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
they are ripping off storylines from more places than Marvel. And they're doing a pretty good job of it, as well.
highly debatable on the nature of how good of a job they do.

I like the show, but I think my critiques of it come mostly from the fact that I grew up on Marvel comics and have nothing to do with LOST.

but I AM glad there is at least one show TRYING to do it.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #113
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
highly debatable on the nature of how good of a job they do.
all they would have to do is say "marvel" or "stan lee" once or twice, and the whole thing goes from cheesy rip-off to brilliant reference. The stories themselves are pretty good made for tv mashups of a bunch of different comic book stuff.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #114
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
all they would have to do is say "marvel" or "stan lee" once or twice, and the whole thing goes from cheesy rip-off to brilliant reference.
I pretty much agree. Then at I would know they know we know what they are doing...and they are having fun with it. And not just tweaking the story lines enough not to get their pants sued off.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #115
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I've found another reason to wish death upon Suresh.

No real reason to go past the 30 second mark or so. It's a dumb video.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #116
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've found another reason to wish death upon Suresh.

No real reason to go past the 30 second mark or so. It's a dumb video.
lol the boston fan was saying that Boston will prob defend their crown but the "mavericks might come a little close"

odd coming from a boston fan.. why the mavericks of all teams?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #117
fluid.forty.one

<---- is pretty excited for tonight
Old 10-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #118
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok well here's my take

Week 1: fail. Trying too hard.
Week 2: Meh
Week 3: Much better

I thought tonights was actually pretty darned good. Despite the fact that Nikki was on screen. Seriously, she is the worst, most uninteresting character and actress of all time.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #119
fluid.forty.one

ooo I'm about to watch it..

it's a good sign if you like it flaco
Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #120
fluid.forty.one

not digging the african food/head phones giving parkman abilities.. kinda weird.

and why didn't future peter use his power to stop the bullet?.. why didn't past peter?

Tags
crickets, downhill since episode 1, downhill since season 1, subpar writing