Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just remember don't count your chickens that early Janett

Since Janett is having so much fun posting articles showing how abysmal the republicans chances are we now find this from Gallup.

Don't forget Janet, the democrats are good at making a lot of noise early. Thankfully americans are a more serious lot.

Quote:
GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest USA Today/Gallup poll finds Americans most positive in their assessment of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani out of eight possible presidential candidates in next year's election. The public is also more positive than negative in their ratings of Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson. Views of New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, Arizona Sen. John McCain, and former Vice President Al Gore are equally positive and negative, and Americans' views toward Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are more negative than positive. In recent weeks, McCain's and Obama's unfavorable ratings have increased significantly and are now the highest Gallup has ever measured for these men.

Candidate Ratings

Giuliani is the only candidate who has a majority favorable rating -- 55% of Americans rate him favorably, while 32% rate him unfavorably.

Giuliani also has the highest "net" favorable rating of any of the candidates (percentage favorable minus percentage unfavorable), at +23. Three other presidential hopefuls also have high net favorable ratings -- Obama +14, Edwards +12, and Thompson +11. Gore's net favorable rating is +2. Americans' opinions about McCain and Clinton are evenly divided, with net favorable ratings at -1 for McCain and -2 for Clinton. Romney is rated more negatively than any of the other candidates on this measure, with a net favorable rating of -9.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm right there with you dude.

Unfortunately, I think that the GOP is screwed next year no matter what. Our country will be bleeding every 28 days....

Still, I applaud janets perseverance in trying to convert maverick fans, of all people.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I feel because of the neocon administration, that the gop will lose more seats in the house, senate and the pres. By all means, not all gop is bad as many are very good. Just like the Dems and Independents, it is good and bad in all parties. People like W, Chains, Rams, Ashsoft, Gonzo are putting a hurting on the gop. Some of those guys are gone but their names still pop up and hurt.

This is what is hard dude, when you are a politician, you say what sounds good to get elected and none do not follow up on all their promises and what is hard on all them in all parties, is when to take a hard line stance. Is it early, late or when. The war is unpopular and some gop is breaking from W but softing, not just pull out. The Dems are doing the same thing. The Dems was elected by the people to get the trooops out and home. They haven't. They have softened like the repubs but they are not pulling out like the public want's. Only the neocons and this is a seperate party, want's to go balls out and invade more countries and do what they want and will regardless what they are told. The dems and repubs have broke from the neocons. Still the public doesn't like it, for the dems and repubs just sailing along with W and Chains. The public want's action.

The neocons have both parties at what do we do? Both parties do not want to be around Chains and W with a 10 foot pole at election time. The neocons is a seperate party from Republican and Democrat.

As long as the neocons are in and they have Rep behind their name, the independents and Dems win seats.

Rudy and Roms can't win. Rudy's downfall is marriage life, religion, and that with the base of the repubs, he has some beliefs of a Dem. He is all over the place on some things. I feel it is wrong that the people will judge Roms on a mormon and Rudy being Catholic. He will run into what Kerry did and alot of the religious community won't vote for these two. He does have a better approval ratting but when he goes head to head with any of the three Dems, he lost in the last poll i saw. In all fairness these polls can swing back and forth untill the real deal. Rudy sometimes doesn't tell the truth and stretches the truth but hey, that isn't any different than any politician, on either side.

Your best bet dude, is Fred Thompson, out of all the field. Yes he carries baggage and he is like Rudy on abortion and some other issues where he says one thing and votes another or flip flops on but he can always say god bless america and i am a southern Baptist. Guess what? Just what he said, wins him thousands of votes by those two lines. No matter how he stands on abortion and gay's and all the issues. He will have to wade thru the Repubs and Dems taking shots at him and he will have to learn to speak because they could make him look like a fool, if he doesn't.

He is a white man, a republican, his religion fits in, from the south and all this get's him votes. No matter where he is on issues. Rudy has flaws and religion, Roms religion is going to get him, Ron Paul is a good man but it won't be enough money for him. You get elected by oil, insurance, med companies, and other big business and players and you must submit to them. Paul and Kersinich won't bow down to none of them, so it is ashame they can't get elected as pres. McCain has went to fighting daily with W, for them begging McCain to love on W, so he did. He flopped.

He has stood by him more than alot but McCain has ruined himself in politics. He flip flops on who he likes, issues and what he is for from one week to the next. Rudy can get up to so many votes and a solid vote count but he can't get enough to push him over and win. Newt can't win either, way to much baggage. Thompson can try to ride in and pretend he is Ronald Reagan, to pretend he is an actor and not a politician. If he can speak ok, he can try to dodge why he flip flops on abortion and issues and just get by but have more of a theme, i am an actor and we do not need a politician. He is your best shot.

He does have a chance but in the end i feel W and Chains kills the gop runner. Hills is very strong with women and weak with men. The very strong base of both parties will vote their base. I am not talking the not strong base Repubs because they are mad at W and Chains enough to switch. Obama won't get the nominee. Alot like Edwards and even some of the Repubs like him but he won't make it. Al Gore is the only one to have a shot at Hills and he will never run against her. Why? Fear of defeat to a woman for one or the possibility and because his pres when he was in, was her husband. As some have stated please run Al. Al would win by a landslide but he won't run.

It is Hills against Rudy or Fred. Done deal. Those are the big players, that is where big money is. Those three. I say Fred has the better chance against Hills but both will have an uphill battle.

Episcopalian and Presbyterian were the most common religions amongst the presidents. In fact, about 1/2 of the presidents were of these two religions. There have been two Quakers and one Roman Catholic president. The majority of the presidents were between the ages of 50 and 59 when they were elected into office.

Trust me, when Hills and Thompson say god bless america, most people will be like wow, these two have said it all now and they are brilliant. It is going to sound different when Roms and Rudy says it. Now is this right? No. I feel it is wrong to be judged by your religion but you go try to change the people and good luck to you. I am saying all this, from a President stand point. Hills also has hard core males that won't vote for her, why? Because she is a woman. No, i do not feel it is right but this is how it is. Women have to thank Chains & W for a woman being elected. They screwed the country at ever turn they could. The time is right because of Chains & W.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote