Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 05-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scratch a Progressive, Find a Fascist

Love the title of this blog post.

Quote:
May 25, 2010

Morning Briefs for Tuesday Item #1: Once Again, Scratch a Progressive, Find a Fascist

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at May 25, 2010 4:10 AM
New York (Waste of) Times columnist Thomas Friedman was back at it again on "Press the Meat," openly fantasizing about an America that would work so much better as a one-party Communist dictatorship like the People's Republic of China, whose murderous autocrats Friedman considers "reasonably enlightened."
I have fantasized--don't get me wrong--but that what if we could just be China for a day? I mean, just, just, just one day. You know, I mean, where we could actually, you know, authorize the right solutions, and I do think there is a sense of that, on, on everything from the economy to environment. I don't want to be China for a second, OK, I want my democracy to work with the same authority, focus and stick-to-itiveness. But right now we have a system that can only produce suboptimal solutions.
This is yet another case where over-the-top denials backfire. Friedman sounds like some schlub insisting to his wife, "No, no, no... even though I may fantasize about it, the last thing on Earth I would ever want is a naked coconut oil rubdown from Eva Longoria." Because What Friedman really "fantasizes" about is progressive fascism; a regime in which Obama, Pelosi, and Reid crush all opposition and implement the agenda of the New York (Waste of) Times editorial page.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Actually more like claims of virtue because you only cheat on your wife when she is out of town.

It's hard to reconcile all the over the top foamy mouth angst and anger over the Arizona immigration reform, including the "Get snatched off the street taking your kid for ice cream" rhetoric-in-chief when all the people who find it such an affront to liberty couldn't tell you the date he signed his name to extend the Patriot Act.

http://biggovernment.com/sahiller/20...e-left-silent/
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote