Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #3921
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Should we try to get KP more involved? Of course.

Did KP suck in the playoffs on his own? Yes. He couldn't take advantage of mismatches, didn't move off ball, and didn't do well with the ball. What exactly could he do?
Old 09-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #3922
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Should we try to get KP more involved? Of course.

Did KP suck in the playoffs on his own? Yes. He couldn't take advantage of mismatches, didn't move off ball, and didn't do well with the ball. What exactly could he do?
This is where I will defend KP. Rick has tried to use him as a max contract 3&D player since we traded for him. The excuse early on was that KP was coming back from injury, so he needed time to adjust. Fine, but that excuse ran dry by the time the Clippers series came around. KP never looked comfortable in the system, and he wasn't the only one.

And yes, KP's effort in the playoffs was inexcusable.

Another tidbit though is that they tried to do the same thing with DSJ once Luka arrived. Is the FO just obsessed with making everyone who isn't Luka a 3&D player?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:18 PM   #3923
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Central: Pat Bev says Luka Doncic is the toughest player to defend in the NBA “I’m on his ass this year too.” (h/t @overtime ) pic.twitter.com/H0DZeMz9Ec
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:18 PM   #3924
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Central: Pat Bev says Luka Doncic is the toughest player to defend in the NBA “I’m on his ass this year too.” (h/t @overtime ) pic.twitter.com/H0DZeMz9Ec
Old 09-25-2021, 04:20 AM   #3925
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Most underrated move of the offseason
Absolutely!
Lestat_1795 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:21 AM   #3926
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This is where I will defend KP. Rick has tried to use him as a max contract 3&D player since we traded for him. The excuse early on was that KP was coming back from injury, so he needed time to adjust. Fine, but that excuse ran dry by the time the Clippers series came around. KP never looked comfortable in the system, and he wasn't the only one.

Another tidbit though is that they tried to do the same thing with DSJ once Luka arrived. Is the FO just obsessed with making everyone who isn't Luka a 3&D player?
KP was plenty comfortable against the same team a year prior.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:17 AM   #3927
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Breaking news from Cuban..

Brad Townsend: Cuban on @theeagledallas notes that Doncic and Porzingis have been “liking” one another’s social media posts, calls it a “telltale sign” that their relationship is fine. It’s also telling that Cuban has noticed them liking one another’s posts.
I like Cuban, but sometimes he needs to stfu instead of sounding like a 13 year old.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #3928
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

They are going to waive Burke for sure
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #3929
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Patrick Beverly show Luka some respect. Especially after Luka got big play on line for telling Pat he was "too f..king small."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ayer-to-defend
Old 09-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #3930
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Patrick Beverly show Luka some respect. Especially after Luka got big play on line for telling Pat he was "too f..king small."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ayer-to-defend
Old 09-25-2021, 07:04 PM   #3931
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

2 days to media day
3 days to camp
11 days to the first preseason game (Utah)
26 days to our first regular-season game

Camp starts Wednesday
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:02 PM   #3932
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I want to be excited, but now I have no clue how much more time I have left with my mother. She's in the hospital right now with cervical cancer, and I cannot even visit her because of COVID-19 protocol. This sucks. Only 1 visitor is allowed per day, and my Dad is staying with her every day to the point that he is exhausted. Really unfair that we cannot rotate throughout the day.
Old 09-25-2021, 11:37 PM   #3933
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I want to be excited, but now I have no clue how much more time I have left with my mother. She's in the hospital right now with cervical cancer, and I cannot even visit her because of COVID-19 protocol. This sucks. Only 1 visitor is allowed per day, and my Dad is staying with her every day to the point that he is exhausted. Really unfair that we cannot rotate throughout the day.
So sorry to hear about your situation Needles. Hang in there and make sure to check in with your Mavs Family. Can be a good distraction. I was having a rough 2010-11 and the Mavs really helped me through. It’s sounds corny but it’s true.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-25-2021 at 11:37 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:05 AM   #3934
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Was right where you were 3 years ago when my mom succumbed to bladder cancer. It sucks that we have to keep going through this dumb ass pandemic because people refuse to get vaccinated. Situations like yours are the horrible result of this. I can't imagine being told I couldn't see my mom. Can you and your dad not alternate days or some other solution?

Hopefully the Mavs can give you some sort of reprieve from it.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:23 AM   #3935
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Was right where you were 3 years ago when my mom succumbed to bladder cancer. It sucks that we have to keep going through this dumb ass pandemic because people refuse to get vaccinated. Situations like yours are the horrible result of this. I can't imagine being told I couldn't see my mom. Can you and your dad not alternate days or some other solution?

Hopefully the Mavs can give you some sort of reprieve from it.
Quote:
Cancer sucks. My Dad just passed a cpl weeks ago after a long battle with it. Its hard to watch helplessly and yet the world keeps spinning. Sorry for yalls loss, I definitely feel that and relate.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #3936
scrambol

scrambol will become famous soon enoughscrambol will become famous soon enough

Can Kidd transform KP into a better player like he did with the Freak? The coaching change might be the biggest offseason transaction if he can somehow make KP better.

Is Toronto going to buyout Goran Dragic? If so, who do the Mavs let go? Trey Burke might be gone.
scrambol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #3937
scrambol

scrambol will become famous soon enoughscrambol will become famous soon enough

Can Kidd transform KP into a better player like he did with the Freak? The coaching change might be the biggest offseason transaction if he can somehow make KP better.

Is Toronto going to buyout Goran Dragic? If so, who do the Mavs let go? Trey Burke might be gone.
scrambol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #3938
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

I'm glad there's a few Mavs fans who are willing to be open minded about that situation.

Coaches are supposed to put their players in the best position to win

Some blame has to go to Rick because I'm sure KP didn't just ask to get stuck in a corner and spot up all game.

Rick very rarely used him in PNR with Luka where as the prior season especially in the bubble KP seemed like he turned a corner offensively in that same situation yet the Mavs went away from it all of last year.

That's a coaching a decision not a players decision.

But I get it Rick had more value than KP so he must have been right.

I'm just glad Kidd will get to view this up and close now and I believe he will do things quite different with KP than what Rick settled for

Last edited by Dallas41; 09-26-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #3939
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambol View Post

I think Dragic is getting way too much hype on here.

I view this move as another Reddic type....

A guy who could have helped 2-3 years ago compared to what he truly is today.

In fact if Brunson is what some people think he is why are we chasing Dragic?

Makes you scratch your head because I'm not a Brunson lover but to me he has more value than Dragic at this stage of their career's. Put his ass next to a defensive backcourt mate off the bench like Bullock or Frank and he might look much better.

That was one of my issues they always had him playing with another smaller non defensive guard next to him and we couldn't get stops.

Last edited by Dallas41; 09-26-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:04 AM   #3940
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

We just need Dragic in a specific but crucial role. Brunson has not shown the ability to run the team when Doncic isn't on the floor. He is a scoring pg/undersized 2 guard.

Of course Brunson has more value, but we still need a secondary playmaker.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:05 AM   #3941
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

We just need Dragic in a specific but crucial role. Brunson has not shown the ability to run the team when Doncic isn't on the floor. He is a scoring pg/undersized 2 guard.

Of course Brunson has more value, but we still need a secondary playmaker.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #3942
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Mavericks Preseason:
Sept 27th - Media Day
Sept 28th - Training Camp starts
Oct 6th - Host Jazz
Oct 8th - Host Clippers
Oct 13th - At Hornets
Oct 15th - At Bucks
Oct 20th - Last day to cut roster to 15

Regular Season:
Oct 21st - Opening night at Hawks
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #3943
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Mavericks Preseason:
Sept 27th - Media Day
Sept 28th - Training Camp starts
Oct 6th - Host Jazz
Oct 8th - Host Clippers
Oct 13th - At Hornets
Oct 15th - At Bucks
Oct 20th - Last day to cut roster to 15

Regular Season:
Oct 21st - Opening night at Hawks
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #3944
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Kidd definitely has plans to use KP differently. Hopefully KP is up to the challenge, because he hasn’t exactly lit it up from post or midrange in his career so far.

@iztok_franko

Interesting Kidd's quote about KP 👀 "“I think that’s going to be something that we haven’t seen here the last couple of years. He’s going to be able to play the post or play the mid-range game.”

In NYK KP shot way more from the mid-range, but was never efficient at it.

Porzingis is in 40-42% range on mid-range shots in his 5 seasons. Which is the bottom 50 percentile in the league.

Best mid-range bigs (top 75 percentile) made north of 47% on mid-range last season.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #3945
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Media day is happening now.

Training camp starts tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:11 PM   #3946
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The ghost of Donnie Nelson ringing in Kidd's ears...https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...58409442611203

Old 09-27-2021, 02:45 PM   #3947
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

KP to start at PF this year according to Kidd.

What would be your starting 5?

???
KP
???
???
Doncic
Old 09-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #3948
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Luka's face looked slimmer than it did during the Olympics. Not saying he is in phenomenal shape, but at least he looks to be in better shape than he did last year right before the season.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:27 PM   #3949
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
KP to start at PF this year according to Kidd.

What would be your starting 5?

???
KP
???
???
Doncic
My guess is

Luka-THJ-Bullock-KP-WCS

Curious if THJ goes to the bench as the 6th man again though and DFS keeps his spot as starting SF.

Luka-Bullock-DFS-KP-WCS
Old 09-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #3950
BPo001
Diamond Member

I’ll admit to not watching this guy play. I know he had the back issues. Is he really worth this much?!

Michael Porter Jr. and the Denver Nuggets reached an agreement on a five-year maximum rookie contract extension worth up to $207 million, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Without incentives, Porter Jr.'s contract is worth $172 million.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #3951
BPo001
Diamond Member

Last edited by BPo001; 09-27-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:40 PM   #3952
tap2390
Diamond Member

Porter Jr. is a super efficient scorer, paying him like he’s an elite initiator is a huge mistake in my opinion. The Nuggets would have been much better off trying to trade him for an actual elite initiator (Dame, Beal, etc.)
Old 09-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #3953
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I’ll admit to not watching this guy play. I know he had the back issues. Is he really worth this much?!

Michael Porter Jr. and the Denver Nuggets reached an agreement on a five-year maximum rookie contract extension worth up to $207 million, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Without incentives, Porter Jr.'s contract is worth $172 million.
Max based on past performance? No. He's nowhere near the impact that guys like Luka have with 19-7.

He's a borderline star, though. He went from injured to putting up 9pts/5reb to 19pts/7reb on very efficient numbers last season. I'd definitely estimate he's in for some star numbers and Nuggets can't afford to lose a guy who may put up 20-30 ppg this year.

I'm glad we got a top 5 picks that year, but if we didn't get Luka, I was all in on Porter as a longshot
Old 09-27-2021, 09:58 PM   #3954
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Max based on past performance? No. He's nowhere near the impact that guys like Luka have with 19-7.

He's a borderline star, though. He went from injured to putting up 9pts/5reb to 19pts/7reb on very efficient numbers last season. I'd definitely estimate he's in for some star numbers and Nuggets can't afford to lose a guy who may put up 20-30 ppg this year.

I'm glad we got a top 5 picks that year, but if we didn't get Luka, I was all in on Porter as a longshot
I also just realize I posted this in the wrong thread..oops.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:44 PM   #3955
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I also just realize I posted this in the wrong thread..oops.
This forum is far from busy enough to support multiple threads. You’re fine.

Plus Porter was later in that Luka/Young draft and he’s a Western conference competitor so it’s somewhat related
Old 09-28-2021, 06:50 AM   #3956
FreshJive
Diamond Member

The Nuggets really have no choice on Mpj. If a high pick works out you give him the extension. This is the system the league has set up. The guy is a lights out scorer, though and perfect next to Jokic, so you aren’t complaining.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:49 AM   #3957
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Luka
THJ
KP
WCS

Will be interesting if DFS or Bullock get the other starting spot
Old 09-28-2021, 02:30 PM   #3958
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Luka
THJ
KP
WCS

Will be interesting if DFS or Bullock get the other starting spot
You sure it's not Powell?

I'd keep an eye on Brown as a dark horse down the road. He may be raw, but he is likely more talented than the guys we currently have.

I just hope Kidd is a play for results type of coach and no imaginary dog house bs.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:23 PM   #3959
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

"Very efficient" is an understatement. He had the most efficient 19+ PPG season ever. Now of course, that's still a huge gamble, but we don't actually know if there are injury clauses in the contract, similar to what Embiid's first contract had.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:24 PM   #3960
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
The Nuggets really have no choice on Mpj. If a high pick works out you give him the extension. This is the system the league has set up. The guy is a lights out scorer, though and perfect next to Jokic, so you aren’t complaining.
Agreed. It's always a gamble with young guys, but if you gamble, you might as well do it with a guy who clearly would have went Nr.1 if he doesn't get injured in college (of course we all know he should have went Nr.2 even in that scenario, hehe).

Tags
jack.kerr aucks