Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:"For God's Sake, Please Stop the Aid!"

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
The best thing that could happen to african countries would be to remove quotas/tariffs on farm products but the "compassionate" left, is too busy pandering to union workers.
"union workers" and farm products don't really belong together. The farm supports and tariffs benefit the owners of these farms, and those aren't typically on the left side of the aisle. I recall seeing the list of the farmers who received money from the fed for sugar...and they were almost all large RNC contributors. The list of people getting tobacco supports (can you believe we pay people for tobacco?) was very heavy with RNC people, too.

Interesting that with control of both the Senate and House by the repubs there has been NO reduction in price supports for agriculture, and in fact (if my memory is correct) there were increases in the supposrt levels for some products.

Tariffs are a very tricky item, clearly you are a free trade advocate (as I am) yet the removal last year of the textile quotas has disrupted the world garment industry and caused a ripple of unemployment in those LDC who have lost work, and those displaced workers don't have any alternative inductry to get employed at

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote