Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-02-2002, 10:53 PM   #1
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Anyone watching this fight? Should be great. Starting right now. I like the fact that Tapia dropped his IBF title so that he could finally box Barrera. It´s time that the boxers really stick it to those damn boxing organisations. I really like both fighters. I will never forget when Barrera crushed that stupid snob Naseem Mohammed. That was a great fight.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2002, 10:54 PM   #2
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I pick Barrera to win.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:52 PM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

What a fucking great fight.
Two great boxers who respect each other.
No dirty tricks, just boxing.
Barrera dominated with his jab. He won by a
pretty high margin and he´s probably one of the best
pound for pound boxers of the world.
But Tapia is one crazy guy (in a positive way).
Gosh I loved this fight.
If anyone here likes boxing and didn´t see this fight:
You´ve missed something.

Next week Morales - Ayala.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:18 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

dang. I forgot all about this fight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 12:45 AM   #5
Fidel
Diamond Member

I knew you were going to answer to this thread sooner or later Doc.
Seems like you and me are the only ones who are really interessted in boxing here. Not want to make it worse for you but: you really missed something. Of all the Barrera fights I´ve seen I would only rank those against Morales and Hammed higher than this one. Maybe you can see it tape delayed somewhere? If you love boxing, it´s really worth it. The best fight I´ve seen this year (even if Barrera was a little bit too dominant, Tapia is such a great guy, defenitly two of my favorite boxers. I was all hyped up about this fight ever since I knew it would finally go down. Probably I should have posted something earlier).
Old 11-03-2002, 09:57 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I saw the fight. Unfortunately Tapia didn't get knocked out. He is the most annoying man on earth.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 04:02 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

HBO or someone will replay it. I'll catch it then. Thanks FideL!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 04:10 PM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< He is the most annoying man on earth. >>

Why? People probably don´t like his antics, but he´s one of the few boxers who uses this stuff to his advantage. He´s allways fair and fights involving him are fun to watch. So what´s not to like? I know he was a druggie but that was ten years ago. He loves his family and is pretty down to earth now. And he´s a good and fair boxer.