Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2001, 10:06 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

We've been talking about trying to pick up Antonio Davis in the off season, how about Marc Jackson from Golden State? He's a restricted free agent, but GS is over the cap and can only match the 4 million mark. That guy has game, he killed us last time we played them at home. We won but we couldn't stop him. If Davis is a no go, I wouldn't mind if Cuban/Nellie went after him.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-08-2001, 11:41 PM   #2
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Good call, dude. I was thinking about him just yesterday, but I wasn't sure he was going to be a free agent.

Wow! Jackson rocks! I think I'd like him on the team more than Davis, who has made it clear that he wants to move back to PF.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 12:50 AM   #3
Bluwizard

Bluwizard is on a distinguished road

Actually Golden State could be as much as 8 or 9 million under the cap next year and he has said he likes it there (if you can believe that). The guy i would like the Mavs to go after is Nazr Mohhamed. He's young, big, athletic and physical (can block shots and play man D) and will probably play for the exception somewhere next year. Why not here?
Bluwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 08:49 AM   #4
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I like the one game I saw him play, but he's only listed as 6'10" and 240. Looks like he's really just more of a small forward. I keep thinking that Big Country will start playing better. It would be nice to have a true center instead of power forward just playing the position. But then again, true centers are becoming very rare these days.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:52 AM   #5
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

I would like to see CWEBB say he wants to play in Dallas. But since that will not happen....I would like to see us try to get Anthony Mason. He can play SF. Hes nasty & plays with intensity. Plus he can provide some additional leadership. We need more toughness....
Old 03-09-2001, 09:59 AM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree Jordan. This team Definitely needs some toughness. We're one of the softest teams in the league IMO.

The addition of a Chris Webber, Antonio Davis, or Anthony Mason would really help that.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:29 AM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I also heard that Jackson wants to stay with Golden State [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Mohammed looks interesting, but I'd like to see what Booth can do first. He'a also a young, athletic center who can swat shots.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 01:19 PM   #8
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Remember, Booth is free after this year and word has it that Jordan likes his game alot and wants him back. Just a thought, Hakeem is a free agent after this year. He says he wants to play another year or two, but with a contender. I think he can be picked up with our $4 mil exception. He could come in and provide some playoff experience as well as help groom Booth (if we can keep him), and he could be the piece that puts us over the top without sacrificing alot if he can play like he did against us the other night on a regular basis. Any thoughts on this?
Old 03-09-2001, 01:28 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading somewhere that the Mavs were prepared to use the exception on Booth. I doubt he goes back to the rebuilding Wiz, since he has a legit shot at cracking the starting rotation here if he beats out Bradley. As for Olajuwon, I'd LOVE to see him in a Mavs uni (man would that piss off the Houston fans or what?!!) but not if he wants more than the exception. I'm not sure if he'd be interested in signing with Houston's Midwest rival though. If Mourning is still out, then I'm guessing he goes to Miami.
Old 03-09-2001, 01:29 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

BTW, welcome to the board Hoover [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2001, 01:31 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Damn, I didn't know he's in the last year of his contract. We must resign him or the Howard trade is a bust IMO.

Welcome aboard Hoover [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 09:11 PM   #12
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

I hate hakeem, he is not coming here. he wants a ring and will go to a team like miami or an top proven contender. He is injury prone in his old age.
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:17 AM   #13
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I don't want Hakeem or his type here. Houston has been really good to him for his whole career. He should retire a Rocket.