Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
It depends on the type of point guard as well. IMO the chemistry should be there by now if it's going to work. Otherwise, we should probably make changes in the off season. Adding Marion and Chandler was key changes for making it work with Kidd.
Where do you draw the line? Make major changes to the lineup every offseason? How many games do you give them before you decide "oh yea they should have chemistry by now for sure". Should a team be blown up every year if they lose in the first round?

Last edited by Windmill360; 03-08-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Where do you draw the line? Make major changes to the lineup every offseason? How many games do you give them before you decide "oh yea they should have chemistry by now for sure". Should a team be blown up every year if they lose in the first round?
I think the term rebuilding will be needed soon given the age of this team. It looks to me Dirk and Ellis are declining rapidly. They look slow. All our early season magic appears gone. So yes this looks like the last year of competing. Too bad the Rondo trade hasn't fixed us.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I think the term rebuilding will be needed soon given the age of this team. It looks to me Dirk and Ellis are declining rapidly. They look slow. All our early season magic appears gone. So yes this looks like the last year of competing. Too bad the Rondo trade hasn't fixed us.
I understand if you think Dirk is declining but do you seriously think Ellis is declining at 29 years old? Wow. I honestly think Monta is hurt and playing through pain.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
I understand if you think Dirk is declining but do you seriously think Ellis is declining at 29 years old? Wow. I honestly think Monta is hurt and playing through pain.
Well he needs to sit down then. This injury is making him look old and slow.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat