Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of
Default MNF Cowboys vs GIANTs

I have been looking forward to this game the most. I love Cowboy vs Giants games no matter how good they are. The GIANTs obviously have a better QB, and if we don't protect Bledsoe, he will look like the rookie we hated to see against the Eagles.

My prediction: GIANTs 26 - Cowboys 17
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Boys by 7

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

would love to see JJ go for 100+ again...how is the Giants run defense

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see Owens get 4 touchdowns, Newman return a punt for a score, Roy Williams with 2 tds, JJ run for 100+ Vanderjagdttt hit two 63 yarders, but that's just me.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

you jerk

Old 10-23-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I would like to see Owens get 4 touchdowns, Newman return a punt for a score, Roy Williams with 2 tds, JJ run for 100+ Vanderjagdttt hit two 63 yarders, but that's just me.

All of these things have, except for JJ 100+, exactly no chance of happening. But that is just me. I think that was your point, right?

Last edited by Nemesis; 10-23-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Good guys 3
Tall guys 0
Old 10-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Boys win a close one.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

My shift just got cut so I get to watch the game
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #10
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I expect sheer domination (by the cowboys). anything less will cause me much pain and sadness.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Great sig, Windmill!

Nemesis, I don't agree that the Gints have a better QB. Eli will throw us the ball, that's for sure.

I also expect a dominating Cowboys performance.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
now thats what im talking about!

also i love that TO pic you got..gimme that!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vanderjagdttt hit two 63 yarders, but that's just me.

A 64 yarder would be even better
Old 10-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

TO is going to have a huge game, BTW Chum, i love ya man but what are you smoking that you think Bledsoe is close to ELI?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll see y'all at 9:00. CMT is running a Garth Brooks special.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
TO is going to have a huge game, BTW Chum, i love ya man but what are you smoking that you think Bledsoe is close to ELI?
I haven't seen Eli do enough to rate him above Bledsoe.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #17
fluid.forty.one

uh oh
Old 10-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I haven't seen Eli do enough to rate him above Bledsoe.
Are you serious? Bledsoe has been one of the worst qbs in the nfl this year, Eli has been top 5 or so...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

So you're going to base it on five games when a bad game or two can throw the numbers totally out of whack? That's rather idiotic.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-23-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Roy Williams sucks enough in coverage. He doesn't need any help sucking from the men in stripes.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
So you're going to base it on five games when a bad game or two can throw the numbers totally out of whack? That's rather idiotic.
For right now, im gonna base it on this year... Could it change? Of course but for now, I think we would be better off letting mcbriar kick the ball to our receivers than we would be letting bledsoe throw...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:55 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

What's that fatasses name that didn't work out in the booth and is now stuck on the sidelines?... I think he does AFC games... He's extremely annoying and extremely fat...

Well, Strahan has the same future..just without the fatass part.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
What's that fatasses name that didn't work out in the booth and is now stuck on the sidelines?... I think he does AFC games... He's extremely annoying and extremely fat...

Well, Strahan has the same future..just without the fatass part.
Haha, Siragusa? Yeah i think your right. Barber really could be a good broadcaster though.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

How in the hell could they blow that call with the replays that obviously showed that the ball was knocked loose before his arm was going forward?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #25
fluid.forty.one

Ummm that was a fumble. The ball got hit when it was behind his head, then it just kinda fell out when he tried to pass it
Old 10-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Yeah, that was an absolutely miserable call...a huge field position shift with that blown call.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

So far, the officiating has been miserable. You have the blown call on the fumble and the tackling of Roy Williams....
Old 10-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #28
Five-ofan
Guru

man, we are great....

Edit-btw, im a drew basher but that was in no way his fault. Eating the ball was the correct play there.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-23-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh.....Parcells...you think you might get it stinking straight on how to block up the middle. It's not like it hasn't been going on for 3 weeks now. Damn
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Well, the defense has been fine with the exception of the play in which the official tackles Roy Williams. In my opinion, that might have been an interception. Then the officials screw up a fumble call switching field position from potentially great into absolutely miserable.. one mistake by Gurode later and it's 9-0..
Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

I should have Tivo'd the Cowboys and watched the GB special instead of doing thigns the other way around.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

dallas might have the worst offensive line ever. that's twice now that a giant has just ran through without getting touched
Old 10-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

Yeah,it's not even as if they're getting beaten physically...it's mentally so far.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

Yup. I just can't see how someone can just run through without geting touched.

on a better note I'm digging the dallas defense so far
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yah...julius cut back...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

3 and 18... wow you think they're gonna blitz?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #37
Murphy3
Guru

Jason Witten and the entire offensive line need to be benched.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #38
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
dallas might have the worst offensive line ever. that's twice now that a giant has just ran through without getting touched
the first one was either on a back or bledsoe. that was a 3 step drop and let it go, however since drew is drew, he didnt let it go though(you could see he pumped, he needed to let it go there) However, someone still busted and from what i saw it was most likely the back.

The one in the end zone was inexcusable.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

This offensive line is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #40
fluid.forty.one

lol that was some good commentary.

"You know why they go for a 11 yard pass when they need 20? Cause bledsoe doesn't have enough time for the recievers to run 20 yards"

pretty true and pretty sad