Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-28-2002, 12:29 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

In case you haven't noticed, Donnie Nelson a/k/a Little Nellie a/k/a Little Whistle has been very visible this week. And not just post-draft; he has been around all week. Now, I am the kind of guy that thinks all things happen for a reason.

So, what is up?

1) Donnie is positioning for a Denver interview and possible job.
2) Donnie is positioning for a new job somewhere else.
3) Donnie is positioning for one of his Dad's jobs next year.
4) Just coincidental that the NBA drafted a record number of foreigners and Donnie is a perceived authority.

Me, I think this means this is Big Whistle's last year as coach. Don got his son's career back on track after personally screwing it up with his "Plan" and wants to turn it over soon. I think Don is content to get his ring as a GM.

There may be other possibilities, and I welcome your thoughts.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I don't know what it is but I agree that something is up. I think Kiki has an intriguing offer for Donnie having drafted two of his "boys". One thing, among many, that would realy suck if Donnie went to Denver is that you would have not only 1 but 2 guys that know everything inside and out about the Mavericks organization. That along with being in the same division could make things interesting in a couple of years or so. Could you imagine the Mavs finaly having the team to beat LA for the championship but can't get past Denver in the first round because of Donnie? That is a unattractive and possible future.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Wonder if Juwan would be willing to play for the minimum in order to stay and see it....?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 12:44 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I think if Donnie goes to Denver, hard for me to say this, I think Del Harris might go with him. If I were Donnie, I would try to have an assistant with head-coaching experience. Just a thought.

If they both go, Sydney Moncrief would be left as the No. 1 Assistant.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 06-28-2002, 12:47 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

cuban would never let del harris out of his contract to become an assistant.

same with lil nellie.

won't happen, so no worries.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 12:57 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

That is simply not true.

Old 06-28-2002, 03:22 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it's true either. Cubes never will block a guys way to another deal. It's not his way.

I think this means this is Big Whistle's last year as coach.

Wasn't that the plan all along?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote