Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2003, 09:34 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Mavs vs Wizards Gameday Thread

Mavs should have another "easy" win. Just need to take care of bidness here.

Mavs 107 Wizards 89
Old 11-05-2003, 09:47 AM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs Wizards Gameday Thread

Another team with its best player, Stackhouse, out. Which spare is gonna have a career day on us tonite?
Dallas 120, Washington 90 (but not because of our defense, just for their pure ineptitude to hit wide open shots [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ).
Old 11-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #3
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Mavs vs Wizards Gameday Thread

Mavs get it rolling again tonight. They score somewhere in the 120s. No distractions of home and bonding on the road, this team gets it going.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:07 AM   #4
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

108-94 Mavs.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

The Wiz 103-96

This could be tougher than expected. The Mavs need court time to figure each other out and they are getting it right now, but I expect some losses to teams we should beat while the court chemistry develops.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:52 AM   #6
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mavs win...but watch out for the Wiz rebounders....Etan and Kwame are playing pretty damn well....and Arenas can go for a bunch of points.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:53 AM   #7
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I have a funny feeling it will be tied or very close at halftime, but the Mavs will turn on the offense in the 2nd half.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:54 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Give me the away team..... 106-98
Old 11-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #9
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I just realized. Isn't the League Pass free preview over? Now I start getting some return on my $150.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win, 115-92.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #11
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

What happened to the Mavs Prediction threads that someone was keeping track of results on? (The over under and Mavs win or lose thread.) Oh well, it was fun while it lasted ... ONE single game! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Mavs offense continues to improve while Nash and Fin start to pickup their shooting percentages.

Mavs Win!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 AM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I think our energy will be better tonight after the Miami debacle...er, I mean win[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mavs win 113-89
Old 11-05-2003, 11:48 AM   #13
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

I don't predict usually. Actually, it is just the fourth time (historically, I'm 0-3), but...

a close game

103-97 Mavs
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:02 PM   #14
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I hope this game the Mav's can get back to what made them so successful last season the BIG 3!!

Then the other players like Walker, Jamison, and Delk can be offensive role players in the game. If this were to happen...Then Dallas will be there right with the Laker's...

Dallas wins...

110-90

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:21 PM   #15
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Mavs 107-95

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
Big Lo

Big Lo will become famous soon enough

162-53 dallas.
Big Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:34 PM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The Wizards are the prototypical team that will be bitch slapped by the Mavs. They are very weak in outside shooting. Their team is young and inexperienced. They don't have any good passers on the team, especially in the post. They have a rookie head coach who will have never seen anything like what Nelson's going to throw at him tonight.... wait, it sounds like I'm talking about the Miami Heat.

Lightning will not strike twice. The Wizards have no John Wallace, who will come out of nowhere and start hitting everything he throws up. Expect a lot of zone and a Wizards score in the low 80s.

Mavs 108
Wizards 84
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:35 PM   #18
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I forsee in my magical crystal ball another close (relatively speaking) one as the Mavs still struggle to find a great rhythm together...

Mavs 105 Wiz 96

Give the Mantis some minutes!!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I look for Gil Arenas to have a big game. He's been shooting well and Jordan is encouraging him to shoot more. Besides that I agree with Ape. We won't lose to many, if any, young teams this year.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #20
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

The Mavs might struggle with the wiz. They have good permiter players which is what we have had trouble defending.
But in the end mavs win 98-93
Old 11-05-2003, 02:33 PM   #21
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Mavs W 103-91

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Lo
162-53 dallas.
Pessimist!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 02:44 PM   #23
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

Without Stackhouse, they cant do anything!

Mavs 105 Wizards 90
Old 11-05-2003, 02:54 PM   #24
bogey
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Lo
162-53 dallas.
Holy Cow Lo......
Old 11-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #25
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Mavs 109
Wiz 92

All five Dallas starters score in double figures again.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #26
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Massacre at the capitol today...
Mavs by at least 20. And the score doesn't indicate how bad it is.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #27
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

112 X 101 Mavs wins!
Dirk 27p, 14r
Nash 15p, 10a
Fin 17p
Walker 14p, 8r, 5a
Old 11-05-2003, 04:17 PM   #28
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Mavs 105, Wash. 89. Most improved player for the night...Finley...20 pts from him. Dirk slacks off to 15 points.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:28 PM   #29
Kid California

Kid California is on a distinguished road

Gilbert Arenas will have a big game against the mavs, again. I also see Fortson and Haywood going at it, for rebounds atleast. I think the Wiz's offense will make the Mavs D look good TODAY. My prediction, Mavs take the win 104-82
Kid California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:31 PM   #30
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Kid California
Gilbert Arenas will have a big game against the mavs, again. I also see Fortson and Haywood going at it, for rebounds atleast. I think the Wiz's offense will make the Mavs D look good TODAY. My prediction, Mavs take the win 104-82
I agree. Arenas will have a career high against the Mavs.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #31
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

No doubt Mavs win, but I don't think so easily (not in synch yet not because of the hapless Wiz).

Mavs 96
Wizards 91
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:16 PM   #32
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

the line is Dalals by 7, but that wont be correct.

Stackhouse is out, and that will hurt Wizards offense
Mavs 104
Wizards 93
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #33
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

101-88
Mavs win!
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:20 PM   #34
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

12-9 Dallas after a Antoine layup.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #35
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering where everyone was.

Looks like a nice start for the Mavs. How about we post up Dirk and see what happens.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:24 PM   #36
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I was wondering where everyone was.

Looks like a nice start for the Mavs. How about we post up Dirk and see what happens.
We need to get the ball to Dirk, period.
12-16 Wizards now.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:25 PM   #37
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Nwitzki. No O tonight.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:26 PM   #38
mavs413
Golden Member

Nash out with 2 early fouls. Dirk scores his first bucket.
14-20 Wizards.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:26 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie said before the game that he wanted to go inside to the low post 1 in every 3 possessions.. that didn't happen
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:27 PM   #40
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Who's in charge of guarding Arenas?

I know he's good, I loved watching him in GS, but this is ridiculous.