Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-28-2004, 09:05 PM   #41
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:Mavs v. Kings

Wow...8 and 5 for Damp in the first....I don't think we have to worry about him keeping up with run and gun...awesome
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #42
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

is it just me or is ESPN 103.3 talking about the World Series...when there's a Mavs game on....crap
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:09 PM   #43
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 31-24 after first quarter:

Dirk (12) 4-4, 8pts, 1as, 2tos

Henderson (12) 1-2, 1-2, 3pts, 1rb, 1as, 1stl

Dampier (12) 4-8, 8pts, 5rbs, 1as, 2tos

Howard (12) 2-2, 1-2, 5pts, 1rb, 2as, 1stl

Harris (12) 3-7, 1-2, 7pts, 3rbs, 1as, 1stl
Old 10-28-2004, 09:11 PM   #44
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Question to anyone watching the game: is Howard guarding Peja? If so, who is Dirk covering?

Thanks
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:16 PM   #45
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

somebody reminded Dirk to rebound. He seemed to haveforgotten that in the 1st Q
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:17 PM   #46
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs v. Kings

Quote:
somebody reminded Dirk to rebound. He seemed to haveforgotten that in the 1st Q
Not that it mattered. Mavs are dominating on the boards.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:18 PM   #47
sandeepgm

sandeepgm will become famous soon enough

We are outrebounding them by a lot...Damp seems to be in a great rebounding mood...Show that miller who his daddy is..
sandeepgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #48
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Come on guys, some stops please.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:31 PM   #49
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Good to see that these two teams have decided to put their poor shooting/efforts at defense from last season's playoff series in the past and return to form of relatively poor defense and lots of running and gunning on offense.

Whoa, did Webber just take a charge? First of his career --- oh, wait, call changed (according to Sacramento's announcer).
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:33 PM   #50
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Dirk with the succesful hook shot

And the authorative slam. Uberman unleashed.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:38 PM   #51
Wiseman

Wiseman is on a distinguished road

This sucks, I can't get 103.3 at work and the security is too tight on the computers to listen online.
Wiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:43 PM   #52
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

That was a pretty play by Dirk with the hook and the slam.

I love the way Dampier takes the ball, goes up strong and finishes with authority. He has dunked at least 3 times.

This is the first time I have seen Harris play. I love his explosiveness on both ends.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #53
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

103.3 workin fine for me. sure you got it on the FM ?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:45 PM   #54
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 56-54 at the half:

Dirk (?) 6-8, 0-1, 4-4, 16pts, 2rbs, 1as, 2tos, 1blk

Henderson (?) 1-2, 1-2, 3pts, 1rb, 1as, 1stl

Dampier (?) 5-9, 1-2, 11pts, 7rbs, 1as, 2tos

Howard (?) 2-5, 1-2, 5pts, 3rbs, 2as, 1stl

Harris (?) 3-7, 1-2, 4-4, 11pts, 3rbs, 2as, 2stls

Booth (?) 0-1, 2rbs

Bradley (?) 1-3, 2-2, 4pts, 2rbs, 1to

Dickau (?) 0-1, 1to

Sasser (?) 3-6, 6pts
Old 10-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #55
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

My first glimpse at the Mavs tonight...Dirk looks badass, like always. He unleashed the hook early last year a few times and gave up on it. Hopefully he'll stick with it this season, talk about unguardable. I love having a center. We just ran a little triangle action with Dampier down low getting the payoff dunk. Thing of beauty. Sasser is horrible. Harris looks like he'll be special.

When Evans blocked Sasser at the end the Kings announcers collectively jizzed themselves. "He doesn't play JUST OFFENSE ladies and gentlemen. He just shut down a VERY good offensive player." LOL! Are you f'ing kidding me? Sasser? A VERY good anything?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:54 PM   #56
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Dampier is effin dominating Miller. Sure, little Brad has hit a couple of jumpers .... but it's obvious who the man in the paint is.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:56 PM   #57
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Damp is having a fine night so far. This is very encouraging.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:56 PM   #58
Wiseman

I'm sure I'm on 103.3, this building just doesn't get good reception.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #59
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
When Evans blocked Sasser at the end the Kings announcers collectively jizzed themselves. "He doesn't play JUST OFFENSE ladies and gentlemen. He just shut down a VERY good offensive player." LOL! Are you f'ing kidding me? Sasser? A VERY good anything?
Why did he even have the ball on that posession? It looked as if the play was called for him, but there is no way. Sasser is the worst NBA player I've ever seen.

mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #60
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
My first glimpse at the Mavs tonight...Dirk looks badass, like always. He unleashed the hook early last year a few times and gave up on it. Hopefully he'll stick with it this season, talk about unguardable. I love having a center. We just ran a little triangle action with Dampier down low getting the payoff dunk. Thing of beauty. Sasser is horrible. Harris looks like he'll be special.

By what means are you listening to the game so that you can hear the kings commentators? I want to hear their rediculousness too.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:11 PM   #61
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Kings starters sound like they are sucking in this game --- hopefully (for me) they are getting rid of all the kinks before the season.

Dirk's on fire.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:13 PM   #62
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm watching it on NBATV
Old 10-28-2004, 10:15 PM   #63
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Damp 11 pts 10 rebounds..oooh sounds good
Old 10-28-2004, 10:15 PM   #64
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Who is that # 41 guy missing 2 of 12 shots???
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #65
garddog

garddog is on a distinguished road

its on 103.3 internet connection, just hit the listen live link.

sounds like the team is clicking tonight
garddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #66
V
Golden Member

We want Benga

BENGA!

-- Don Nelson
Old 10-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #67
Wiseman

Can you believe Dallas is leading 40 to 24 in points in the paint? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #68
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: 4cwebb
Kings starters sound like they are sucking in this game --- hopefully (for me) they are getting rid of all the kinks before the season.

Dirk's on fire.
Hopefully the mavs will have some starters available to go with Dirk and Dampier.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:24 PM   #69
garddog

garddog is on a distinguished road

what did damp get the tech for?
garddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #70
V
Golden Member

He's a DICK .... owww

He's mighty mighty

Lettin it all hang out

-- Don Nelson
Old 10-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #71
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas' defense was good in the 3rd quarter. Only gave up 22 points. But more importantly, Sacramento at the half was shooting 55%+. It has dropped to 49% now. Let's get it under 46%, Dallas.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:27 PM   #72
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Devin Harris no TO's so far..
Old 10-28-2004, 10:27 PM   #73
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Can anyone give me the link to ESPN FM where the game can be heard?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:27 PM   #74
TheBenger

TheBenger is on a distinguished road

Why do I get the feeling the Kings are toying with us? Maybe it is because Webber and Peja have so few shots attempts.
TheBenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:28 PM   #75
Bayliss

Laughs... V.

That's almost obscene.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #76
Wiseman

Very clever V
Old 10-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #77
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Devin Harris drawing fouls left and right.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TheBenger
Why do I get the feeling the Kings are toying with us?
I have absolutely no idea.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #79
V
Golden Member

BENGA!

-- Don Nelson
Old 10-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #80
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Can anyone give me the link to ESPN FM where the game can be heard?
nevermind I found it

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote