Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of
Default This could be big

Dwyane Wade just hurt his shoulder REALLY bad. He is literally in tears with pain, is in a wheel chair being helped off the court.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
BigBinBigD

BigBinBigD is on a distinguished road

Looks like the boy who cried wolf...
BigBinBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Yeah...that really sucks, although I'm sure some fans here will rejoice. Ya just never wanna see a guy go down to injury though....

I hope he gets better but IT DID NOT LOOK GOOD. When you have to get wheeled off due to a shoulder injury.....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I will say that this is the first injury he has had that he didn't fake. Dude looks like he really hurt himself bad. I was watching live when it happened and it didn't look terrible live, but man, he is in a ton of pain!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
Yeah...that really sucks, although I'm sure some fans here will rejoice. Ya just never wanna see a guy go down to injury though....

I hope he gets better but IT DID NOT LOOK GOOD. When you have to get wheeled off due to a shoulder injury.....
So you EVER seen that before? Only one player I can think of would get wheeled off for a shoulder injury and then have his people block the papparazzi's like brittney.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #6
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Karma.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

A wheelchair? has he no shame?

Last edited by dirno2000; 02-21-2007 at 11:23 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:24 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

lol a wheelchair for a shoulder.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
chiliwili
Banned

chiliwili is on a distinguished road

What a

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-22-2007 at 01:25 AM.
chiliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #10
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So you EVER seen that before? Only one player I can think of would get wheeled off for a shoulder injury and then have his people block the papparazzi's like brittney.
Naw, I really can't recall a wheelchair for a shoulder injury before. But dude was basically crying on the bench.

If he dislocated his shoulder then I can see why they put him in the wheelchair, as walking can cause the joint to move.

Last edited by kingmalaki; 02-21-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I won't laugh at this. even though I want to. Pride comes before a fall. I hope to stay humble all the way up to a championship. Then I'll make an ass of myself.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:33 PM   #12
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i think it's about time for us (or some, at least) mavs fans to move forward and forget the finals from last year.

Miami won it, and that's not going to change. We don't need a thread everytime someone in Miami takes a dump.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #13
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

OFFICIAL: Wade will stay in Houston tonight to get X-Rays, will not play tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #14
kingmalaki

Wade not coming to Dallas tomorrow per ESPN...easy win for y'all....
Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
i think it's about time for us (or some, at least) mavs fans to move forward and forget the finals from last year.

Miami won it, and that's not going to change. We don't need a thread everytime someone in Miami takes a dump.
This is thread worthy even without the recent history between the two teams.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

he most likely hyperextended his shoulder. if he didnt break something he is one of the biggest bitches of all time.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Poor baby didn't get up this time. What a. AND THE HORROR - there wasn't even a foul called on Battier.

Comparison - Dirk gets his ankle bent 90 degrees and only missed one game. Wade will probably miss a couple of weeks. Who is the tough guy?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-22-2007 at 01:26 AM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

they also said he had to be taken from the Toyota Center in a stretcher...I still would not be surprised if he shows up to play tomorrow night...What a freakin actress...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #19
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wade not coming to Dallas tomorrow per ESPN...easy win for y'all....
It was going to be an easy win anyway
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wade deserves at least one more thread as long as its titled
"Im a fraud"
or
"Wade sprains hand on rim, gets body cast, must...go....on...playing...."
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #21
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

hah Bosh loses the game again with his no defense, just like when Howard scored.

Wade purposely hurt his shoulder because he didn't want to play against Dallas.

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-21-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #22
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I look for Pat Riley to take another leave of absence.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #23
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I look for Pat Riley to take another leave of absence.
LOL

genius
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Poor baby didn't get up this time. What a pussy. AND THE HORROR - there wasn't even a foul called on Battier.

Comparison - Dirk gets his ankle bent 90 degrees and only missed one game. Wade will probably miss a couple of weeks. Who is the tough guy?
It should have been a foul on diva. He hacked battier across the arm on that one.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #25
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

good.

karma indeed.

he's probably just faking it anyway.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-21-2007 at 11:45 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #26
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice
Default Wade injured in Houston

Wade just injured his shoulder playing Houston. There goes our chance for a rematch...
Do you guys think they will make the playoffs?
Can Shaq carry this team?
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
I won't laugh at this. even though I want to. Pride comes before a fall. I hope to stay humble all the way up to a championship. Then I'll make an ass of myself.
That is pretty funny....and prudent.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #28
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

sports center will be watching this all night long...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #29
dude1394
Guru

[QUOTE=rakesh.s]i think it's about time for us (or some, at least) mavs fans to move forward and forget the finals from last year.

Miami won it, and that's not going to change. We don't need a thread everytime someone in Miami takes a dump.[/QUOTE

Well you know they are the champs, they do have what we want? Why wouldn't we obsess on rivals?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #30
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Poor baby didn't get up this time. What a pussy. AND THE HORROR - there wasn't even a foul called on Battier.

lol, just because there isn't a foul doesn't mean there was no contact or there wasn't any pain. there was no foul when tony allen landed and tore his acl and mcl.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #31
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

lol, they rolled him off in a wheelchair for an arm injury, and they didnt even roll him out to the free throw line first so it must be serious.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #32
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s

Thank you, and I agree.

IMO, the Mavs could have, and should have, won the Finals regardless of any favorable calls for Wade and the Heat. This Mavs team is simply a better team, by far, and our shooting percentages during those losses were horrific. Had we played good, solid Mavs basketball we would have beaten Miami, no problem. Granted, the refs made it a little harder than it should have been, but I don't think that Miami team holds a candle to this Mavs team - especially a Mavs team that just swept the Grizz, beat the Spurs in seven on the road in OT, and sent the Suns packing in the Western Conf. Finals.

No more excuses. Just win, baby.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #33
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You know what? I don't care if he plays or not, but I want him to show up in the AAC either way and if he doesn't I'm going to be pissed off.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #34
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

this is a disappointment...i was looking forward to a diva thrashing...bring out the red ball, mask, and whip...diva is Dirk's bitch!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
It was going to be an easy win anyway
Sho nuff.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #36
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, karma
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #37
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

damn. i wanted tnt to pick up the monstrous 'flopper' calls at the game tomorrow.

i really want them at full strength this season. so they can get exposed against the class of the nba. but i'm also very happy wade got what was coming to him (assuming he's actually seriously injured - i'm not taking this as a given, with his history).

i am interested in seeing if the heat win more with just shaq than they do with just wade.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-21-2007 at 11:52 PM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #38
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

lol such harshness. I know he's the enemy and all, but I think it would be better if he was healthy enough to play tomorrow.

I'd love to see the Mavs punk the Heat with his sorry ass, rather than without his sorry ass.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #39
big_pth
Diamond Member

There needs to be a vBookie event on whether or not Wade plays tomorrow night.

I personally don't like to see people get hurt, but Dwade is not a person, he is a propped up marketing tool by the NBA. I have no issues with marketing tools getting hurt...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #40
RizAmlani

RizAmlani is on a distinguished road

So the first game was without Shaq and this game will be without Wade. He isn't even flying to Dallas with the team, he is going to stay in Houston and visit a hospital. They even had to bring a stretcher to the locker room to take him out.

It sucks because I really wanted to play them at full strength.

Interviewer: Was it a little ridiculous how Dwyane Wade got all the calls?

TMac: Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA.... (cut off by interviewer)
RizAmlani is offline   Reply With Quote