Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-08-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gooden anyone?

July 7, 2007 - 9:05 pm
The News-Herald -
If the Cleveland Cavaliers are forced to match an offer sheet to forward Anderson Varejao from the Memphis Grizzlies that they deem exuberant, league sources say they have entertained thoughts of dealing starter Drew Gooden.

The Cavs are already paying Gooden $6.4 million this year. In their thinking, they can't justify paying Varejao more than the starter. It's unclear whether Memphis has formally given Varejao an offer sheet, but if the Grizzlies haven't, one appears to be coming.

Bulls forward Andres Nocioni has agreed to a five-year, $38 million deal with Chicago, but he can't sign the contract until Wednesday. Nocioni supposedly was No. 1 on the Grizzlies' free-agent wish list. With him off the table, Memphis likely will come after the 6-foot-10, 240-pound Varejao. The Grizzlies can offer a contract starting at more than $8 million for the valuable Brazilian big man.

Sources say the Cavs are not going to let Varejao walk away from the team for nothing. He's a restricted free agent, and they can match any offer
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, maybe if he's willing to be a backup at both the 4 and 5 positions.. otherwise, we don't really have a spot for him in the starting lineup..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Eh, maybe if he's willing to be a backup at both the 4 and 5 positions.. otherwise, we don't really have a spot for him in the starting lineup..
he'd be decent with Dirk for 3/4 but he doesnt always have the speed for all small forwards. He has some post moves though and wouldnt be a bad backup to the 3,4 and 5
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we are desperate for a "small center". I would have taken KVH in an instant against the Warriors.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'd trade Terry for him, and I think the Cavs would be interested in getting Terry too. I've wanted this trade for a while.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

He would have to shave off that back-of-his-head soul patch though.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
BWAHAHAHHAAHAHHA
Old 07-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
You're damn right about that. That thing is disgusting.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #9
Mavsin08

Mavsin08 is on a distinguished road

Can he play the center though? Because I wouldn't mind him here in Dallas. But he's in that in between spot for whether he will play the 4 or the 5. If he was like 7 feet, I would say start him at center now. But maybe use him as your first big guy off the bench.
Mavsin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot see us getting a starting center for jason, it just won't happen. At least if I were an opposing GM.

Jason+Diop maybe..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

He might be the best available low-post threat, but if I were going to trade Jason Terry I would want to make sure I could get a good backcourt player via free agency.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

I agree stranger. Getting a "low-post" player is kinda weird to me to be honest. For one thing teams don't let them go for good reason, secondly I think our bigger hole is a bigger SG.

But I must admit jason/devin playing together does seem to be a problem if jason can't play without the ball in his hand.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #13
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I'm probably the biggest Kansas Jayhawk fan on this board and like Drew Gooden a lot, but he has absolutely no place on the Mavs. He can't play the 3 and he's too small for the 5. His bball IQ also leaves a LOT to be desired. No thanks.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

hell no! this guy has a worse basketball iq than walker.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't we already try out Juwan Howard once?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #16
Maestrogdub

Maestrogdub will become famous soon enough

My wife (of all people) said the funniest thing when she saw Drew Gooden for the first time........"What's up with the neck p*$$y."

We had a good laugh.
Maestrogdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is a terrific first post! Welcome to the board!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #18
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

no thanks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote