Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Exclamation 3 Way 4 PP

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
9.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.5 minutes

DJ Ilunga-Mbenga
7-0 C from Congo (Foreign)
1.9 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.1 apg in 4.5 minutes

Incoming
Paul Pierce
6-6 SG from Kansas
26.5 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.6 apg in 38.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: +15.2 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Paul Pierce
6-6 SG from Kansas
26.5 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.6 apg in 38.8 minutes

Dan Dickau
6-0 PG from Gonzaga
3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.1 apg in 12.5 minutes

Incoming
DJ Ilunga-Mbenga
7-0 C from Congo (Foreign)
1.9 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.1 apg in 4.5 minutes

Matt Harpring
6-7 SF from Georgia Tech
12.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.0 minutes

Carlos Boozer
6-9 from Duke
No games yet played in 2005/06
Change in team outlook: -15.9 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and -5.6 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Matt Harpring
6-7 SF from Georgia Tech
12.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.0 apg in 25.0 minutes

Carlos Boozer
6-9 from Duke
No games yet played in 2005/06

Incoming
Keith Van Horn
6-10 SF from Utah
9.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.5 minutes

Dan Dickau
6-0 PG from Gonzaga
3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 2.1 apg in 12.5 minutes
Change in team outlook: +0.7 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Dallas, Boston, and Utah being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Boston, and Utah had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I think Boston and Utah does the deal...
Boston gets Harpring expiring contract. Crappy contract in boozer, but hey they ain't got a power foward and he'll be fresh off his time off, and nice young 7footer in Mbenga. Utah gives up crappy contract in Boozer, and unloads Harpring, picks up KVH's expiring contract, it's standing room only at the Salt Palace to watch KVMFH, and they get a nice 2 guard in Dickau. Dallas gets Pierce, and we all get to stop whining about KVH's and his recent dementia...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 01-07-2006 at 12:31 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I don't think Boston will take on Boozer's contract and injuries with the youth movement going on now. And we'd have way too many 2/3s.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
And we'd have way too many 2/3s.
How's that a problem?
Squad 1 - Harris Pierce
Squad 2- Jet Daniels
squad 3- Armstrong Stack

I don't see this as a problem. Other than the possible backcourt of Pierce and Jet which would be a bit frightening...

Nashy... your sigs from Sin City... Gotta say that the best damn character in the movie is that assassin guy at the beginning and end, it killed me not to see him in the film more, no pun intended.

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 01-07-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 AM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

boston would never do this deal.

al jefferson is their future.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:39 AM   #5
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

Aex.. isn't Jefferson a bit undersized for the 4..... well maybe not in the East... He's 6-10 but he doesn't play like a bang it into you hardnose, like Barkley did, Brand does, O'Neill...

He was good in summer league, seemed a bit timid... His numbers this year aren't that great and he's only getting 20 minutes per game behind Blount...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 01-07-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:28 AM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Aex.. isn't Jefferson a bit undersized for the 4..... well maybe not in the East... He's 6-10 but he doesn't play like a bang it into you hardnose, like Barkley did, Brand does, O'Neill...

He was good in summer league, seemed a bit timid... His numbers this year aren't that great and he's only getting 20 minutes per game behind Blount...
ok, i like you i really do.

so i'll attempt to be nice.

your trade has no basis in reality. none, zip, zippo, zilch, kaput. jefferson is in his 2nd year. it takes time for young bigs.

boston wont trade away pierce and take on a big piece of crap in boozer and harpring. the trade makes no sense for anyone in fact except the mavericks. i could rant and rave about the fact that boston is loaded at the 2/3 positions which is what harpring currently plays. or the fact that boston already has raef "rape myfriends" lafrentz with a bad contract and doesnt really need to take on another one in boozer's.

boston doesnt get any salary cap space, doesnt get a big man who is appreciably better than jefferson. even if you want to say that boozer is better, he can't even get on the damn court. so by my estimation you want boston to take on 2 injury prone players, 1 bad contract, and oh, by the way, boston happens to be loaded at the positions you want to dump on them.

do you think danny ainge is that big of a looney idiot? no way in hell. i will lay you 500-1 odds of your choosing that ainge will never make this trade. none.

Last edited by aexchange; 01-07-2006 at 02:29 AM.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
ok, i like you i really do.

so i'll attempt to be nice.

your trade has no basis in reality. none, zip, zippo, zilch, kaput. jefferson is in his 2nd year. it takes time for young bigs.

boston wont trade away pierce and take on a big piece of crap in boozer and harpring. the trade makes no sense for anyone in fact except the mavericks. i could rant and rave about the fact that boston is loaded at the 2/3 positions which is what harpring currently plays. or the fact that boston already has raef "rape myfriends" lafrentz with a bad contract and doesnt really need to take on another one in boozer's.

boston doesnt get any salary cap space, doesnt get a big man who is appreciably better than jefferson. even if you want to say that boozer is better, he can't even get on the damn court. so by my estimation you want boston to take on 2 injury prone players, 1 bad contract, and oh, by the way, boston happens to be loaded at the positions you want to dump on them.

do you think danny ainge is that big of a looney idiot? no way in hell. i will lay you 500-1 odds of your choosing that ainge will never make this trade. none.

Well I just HAVE to take that bet for a buck!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Man, some people just look at salaries and NOTHING else. You realize that under this scenario, Utah (a playoff contender) trades away their two best players and gets Van Horn and Dickau in return, right? Brutality.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:49 AM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
How's that a problem?
Squad 1 - Harris Pierce
Squad 2- Jet Daniels
squad 3- Armstrong Stack

I don't see this as a problem. Other than the possible backcourt of Pierce and Jet which would be a bit frightening...

Nashy... your sigs from Sin City... Gotta say that the best damn character in the movie is that assassin guy at the beginning and end, it killed me not to see him in the film more, no pun intended.
You forgot about Howard and Griffin

Dallas' backcourt

Jet/Harris
Pierce/Daniels/Stackhouse
Howard/Griffin

Between Daniels and Stackhouse, one of them has to go.

And as far as what you said about my sig, if they decide to go on with the 2nd and 3rd Sin City movies, you'll see a lot more of that assassin.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree this trade scenario is highly unlikely...but let's not forget, Danny Ainge traded for LaFrentz, a contract everyone on earth thought was untradeable; so I don't put any boneheaded moves past Ainge at this point.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Umm to the guy who said Utah trades its two best players, you might want to look at their roster one more time. Maybe that number 47 guy might be a place to start. I dont think either of the other teams do this but matt harpring and carlos boozer arent even the 2nd and 3rd best players much less the 2 best.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #12
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

In 2-3 years Jefferson>>>Boozer.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh of course. Jefferson is a stud and i would love to have him.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #14
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I think it could happen. jefferson can play the 5 so I don't see him and boozer conflicking too much