Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-20-2004, 12:55 PM   #1
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of
Default Some hilarious Bush quotes

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." - Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

Wow, that's something I didn't know...

"It's very interesting when you think about it, the slaves who left here to go to America, because of their steadfast and their religion and their belief in freedom, helped change America." - Dakar, Senegal, July 8, 2003

What am I supposed to say about this one...

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times." - Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002

Did he really forget the atom bombs, which America dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki...? Or didn't he even know about that... But we could tell him that their was something like the second world war...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again." - Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

For anyone who can't understand Bush's language - he means: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

"My pro-life position is I believe there's life. It's not necessarily based in religion. I think there's a life there, therefore the notion of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness." - Quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 23, 2001

What a philosopher...

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." - Reuters, May 5, 2000

The economy freak Bush...

"I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure." - Interview with the Associated Press, Jan. 18, 2001

...sorry, but anyone not laughing out loud...?

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." - Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." - Aboard Air Force One and roundtable interview, June 4, 2003

Too true...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #2
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Some hilarious Bush quotes

ah jeeze, I gotta go change party affiliations now.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of
Default RE:Some hilarious Bush quotes

Hehe, is there anything like sense in your posts?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 10-20-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Arne... I find it interesting that the first two quotes (I got tired of searching after that) I can only find references to on Anti-Bush websites. And the dates of said quote differ from anti-Bush site to anti-Bush site.

Not saying these are definitely wrong quotes, but I would like to see proof from somewhere other than dumbpresident.com.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:43 PM   #5
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

You could write a book (a very large book) on Bush blunders..the man has a way with English...
Old 10-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was pretty funny when Kerry claimed to be in Treblinka Square in Moscow looking at KGB headquarters. Treblinka Square is in Poland.

I also thought it was pretty funny when John Kerry actually articulated a pretty clear test for his use of preemptive military force -- a "global test". And then pundits, Kerry apologists, and media types everywhere spent the next couple of weeks (in fact, they're still doing it) trying to explain why Kerry didn't mean what he said.

Everyone knows what Bush means when he speaks; when Kerry speaks, it's either purposely nuanced so that it can mean whatever he thinks people want to hear or it is subject to revision and change at any time.

Give me Bush.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #7
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Arne... I find it interesting that the first two quotes (I got tired of searching after that) I can only find references to on Anti-Bush websites. And the dates of said quote differ from anti-Bush site to anti-Bush site.

Not saying these are definitely wrong quotes, but I would like to see proof from somewhere other than dumbpresident.com.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

The Mirror is a quite big newspaper in England.

But you might be right, I don't know. Obviously, I wasn't there when he said thigs like these, too:

THERE may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again.

Texas, August 13, 2002

I DON'T remember debates. I don't think we spent a lot of time debating it. Maybe we did, but I don't remember.

On discussions of the Vietnam War when he was an undergraduate at Yale, July 27, 1999

PRESIDENT Musharraf, he's still tight with us on the war against terror, and that's what I appreciate. He's a - he understands that we've got to keep al-Qaeda on the run, and that by keeping him on the run, it's more likely we will bring him to justice.

On the importance of allies, Oregon, August 22, 2002

I CALL upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive.

On the War on Terror, while playing golf, August 4, 2002

SECURITY is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace.

On the Middle East, Washington, July 25, 2003

WE need an energy bill that encourages consumption.

New Jersey, September 23, 2002

OUR country puts $1billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to report that.

This isn't a contest of who's the most generous. I'm just telling you as an aside. We're generous. We shouldn't be bragging about it. But we are. We're very generous.

Washington, July 16, 2003

I RECENTLY met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed with his grasp of finances.

Washington, May 29, 2003

ONE year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end.

Washington, January 8, 2002

YOU know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order - order out of chaos. But we will.

Washington, April 13, 2002

THE law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production.

On WMDs, Washington, November 27, 2002

THERE'S an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Tennessee, September 17, 2002

SOMETIMES, Washington is one of these towns where the person - people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person.

Louisiana, December 3, 2002

NOTHING he [Saddam Hussein] has done has convinced me - I'm confident the Secretary of Defense... that he is the kind of fellow that is willing to forgo weapons of mass destruction, is willing to be a peaceful neighbour, that is - will honour the people - the Iraqi people of all stripes, will... values human life. He hasn't convinced me, nor has he convinced my administration.

Texas, August 21, 2002

THE goals for this country are peace in the world. And the goals for this country are a compassionate American for every single citizen. That compassion is found in the hearts and souls of the American citizens.

Washington, December 19, 2002

IT'S very interesting when you think about it, the slaves who left here to go to America, because of their steadfast and their religion and their belief in freedom, helped change America.

Dakar, Senegal, July 8, 2002

THERE'S only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug, but having committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and that's me and I know what it's like.

Washington, December 11, 2002

I FIRMLY believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society.

Texas, August 13, 2002

I SUSPECT that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so?... How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address - state of the budget address, whatever you call it.

Interview with The Washington Post, March 9, 2001

WE'VE got pockets of persistent poverty in our society, which I refuse to declare defeat - I mean, I refuse to allow them to continue on. And so one of the things that we're trying to do is to encourage a faith-based initiative to spread its wings all across America, to be able to capture this great compassionate spirit.

Missouri, March 18, 2002

ONE reason I like to highlight reading is, reading is the beginnings of the ability to be a good student. And if you can't read, it's going to be hard to realise dreams; it's going to be hard to go to college. So when your teachers say read - you ought to listen to her.

Washington, February 9, 2001

THEN I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to - I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that.

US News & World Report, January 22, 2001

THIS is a world that is much more uncertain than the past. In the past we were certain, we were certain it was us versus the Russians in the past. We were certain, and therefore we had huge nuclear arsenals aimed at each other to keep the peace. That's what we were certain of... You see, even though it's an uncertain world, we're certain of some things.

New Mexico, May 31, 2000

I'M also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things.

Aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

I KNOW something about being a government. And you've got a good one.

In support the governor of Arkansas, November 4 2002

I THINK the American people - I hope the American - I don't think, let me... I hope the American people trust me.

Washington, December 28, 2002

Old 10-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #8
Arne
Golden Member

But despite those quotes, can someone just tell me, why anyone should vote for George W. Bush, so that we could then star a real discussion. Because when anyone says why you shouldn't vote for Bush, you will not find anyone to reply...

Old 10-20-2004, 04:04 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Arne
But despite those quotes, can someone just tell me, why anyone should vote for George W. Bush, so that we could then star a real discussion. Because when anyone says why you shouldn't vote for Bush, you will not find anyone to reply...
Do you want a real discussion? It seems to me that your mind is already made up.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #10
seal614

arne don't let us bother you, you may have to deal with this president (that nobody is voting for) for another 4 years; I'm sorry.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Those quotes are very funny. Thank you for posting them.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #12
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hehe, is there anything like sense in your posts?
Do you speak English?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:31 PM   #13
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Arne you aren't saying anything we haven't already heard.

I'm sorry your time spent in Europe has tainted your views - with an open mind maybe we could have a reasonable debate.

Prepare yourself for 4 more years of coWboy politics.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:21 AM   #14
Arne
Golden Member

My mind is already made up, that's right, but what's the problem about that? Can't you discuss something with somebody who has an opinion other than you have? Why are you so frightened of discussion? I mean:

"I'm sorry your time spent in Europe has tainted your views - with an open mind maybe we could have a reasonable debate."

That's just stupid. or am I the one who's spending his time in front of "Fox-News"?

Old 10-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
My mind is already made up, that's right, but what's the problem about that? Can't you discuss something with somebody who has an opinion other than you have? Why are you so frightened of discussion?
Reuters - July 23, 2003

Poll shows many Germans say U.S. behind sept 11

BERLIN (Reuters) - Almost one in three Germans below the age of 30 believes the U.S. government may have sponsored the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington, according to a poll published on Wednesday.

And about 20 percent of Germans in all age groups hold this view, a survey of 1,000 people conducted for the weekly Die Zeit said.

It also said 68 percent of all Germans felt the media had not reported the full truth behind the attacks, in which some 3,000 people were killed when hijacked planes were crashed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon (news - web sites).

After the September 11 attacks, there was an outpouring of sympathy from Germans for the United States. Despite misgivings, Germany joined a military campaign against the al Qaeda network that Washington blamed for the attacks.

But as the United States geared up for war against Iraq (news - web sites), relations soured badly as Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder expressed vocal opposition to the plans.

Although the United States took strong offence at Berlin's attitude, Schroeder's anti-war stance was popular in Germany and helped him to snatch victory in last September's elections.

Asked whether they believed that the U.S. government could have ordered the September 11 attacks itself, 31 percent of those surveyed under the age of 30 in the poll answered "yes", while 19 percent overall gave the same answer.

Die Zeit said widespread disbelief about the reasons given by the United States for going to war in Iraq and suspicion about media coverage of the conflict had fostered a climate in which conspiracy theories flourished.

"The news is controlled," 17-year old Kenny Donaubaur was quoted as saying. "You could see that in the Iraq war. It doesn't seem to me that you get the full truth."

how brainwashed are you Arne?

DO YOU -
think the US orchestrated the attacks of 9/11?
think Saddam Hussein was innocent of war crimes?
think the Security Council vetos of France & Russia were not bought?
think women deserve death for learning to read or for showing their face in public?

I am not frightened of discussion - but understand this - answering yes to any of these questions proves you aren't ignorant or naive, but an indoctrinated terrorist sympathizer.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #16
Arne
Golden Member

"...a survey of 1,000 people conducted for the weekly Die Zeit said..."

That's what you rely on? *No words*...

"DO YOU -
think women deserve death for learning to read or for showing their face in public?

I am not frightened of discussion - but understand this - answering yes to any of these questions proves you aren't ignorant or naive, but an indoctrinated terrorist sympathizer. "

First question: No, I don't.
Second question: No I don't.
Third question: Yes I do! - So why am I "an indoctrinated terrorist sympathizer"?
Fourth Question: No I don't.

I actually supported the Afganistan war, but the war in Iraq isn't the right way the American Government should've handeled the situation. The Iraqi didn't pose a threat to the western civilisation, including America. Saddam had no nuclear weapons, which was actually reported by the UN before the war started, nor did he have - in my opinion - a threatful connection to the Al-Qaida. And Donald admitted that, too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3715396.stm

Bush started the Iraq war under false reasons and he split many people because of that. He split Europe and divided it into "old" and "new" Europe, just because some would believe his lies and some wouldn't.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #17
Arne
Golden Member

And now, how brainwashed were you, capitalcity, when the Iraq war gegan? Did you believe the stories of nuclear weapons? Did you believe that there were connections between Saddam and Bin Laden, which were threatful?

And why do you think (sorry that I assume you do so, but it's quite obvious) people in the age of 16 or 17 should be killed for crimes?

And first of all, why do you think people should be killed for crimes at all? Isn't it something against our all religion?

Old 10-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

It's a translation by Google, very bad you know it, but with some effort is understandable the point.

Debating in the US, to the side of which candidate is God

Bush disregarded divine message on Iraq, reveals clergyman;
Kerry frees excomunión

JIM CASON and DAVID BROOKS CORRESPONDENTS

Washington and New York, 20 of October. President George W. Bush ignored warnings of God to protect to the estadunidenses troops of a disastrous war in Iraq. While, the Spirit Santo, an apparent effort not to seem partial towards a party, has entered the rescue of the presidential candidate democratic John Kerry, rejecting called of the republicans so that they excomulguen it by his position in favor of the right of the women to the abortion.

During almost one Bush decade he has reiterated his belief that God wished that outside president, but now also his democratic opponent has invoked God and, according to the last news, apparently that has given result them to both. Yet, Bush has something to explain after the commentaries of reverendo the Pat Robertson, the very influential Christian preservative leader, who today revealed to have warned the president, before the invasion of Iraq, that the estadunidenses Armed Forces would undergo substantial losses.

In that occasion, Robertson to Cnn, the president declared him respondio ': "oh, no, we are not going to have no loss". The televangelista, founder of the Christian Coalition - preservative organization political-nun with million members and republican presidential precandidate in 1988, said today that already before the invasion of Iraq she knew the problems that would arise. "the Gentleman said to me that it would be a disaster", he affirmed.

After the warning of God, Robertson met with Bush. "There it was seated, as if everything was well", it described reverendo the his encounter with the president shortly before the invasion. "I warned to Him on the war. I had doubts on this war, deep doubts. And he tried to say to him ' to Sir president, will be better than he prepares the estadunidense town to accept the losses '." Bush insisted on which there was no reason for it. Mike McCurry, spokesman of the presidential campaign of John Kerry, today requested to Bush to confirm if in truth it said to him to Robertson that would not be estadunidenses losses in Iraq.

The this late spokeswoman of the White House confirmed that Bush met with Robertson before the invasion, but denied that the president had never said that there would not be losses. Reverendo the Robertson maintained that it did not try to shame to the president with his commentaries, and needed that it supports his relección. "I believe that God blesses it. If he encounters and even he commits errors - and he has had his dose of put errors and of leg -, I simply believe that the blessing of God is on him." Reverendo foretold that Bush will win, although by a minimum margin.

That triumph will be a little more difficult with the announcement of the Vatican, fact this week, that it will not excomulgará to Kerry by his position in favor of the right of the women to the abortion. Recently a lawyer near the catholic Church presented/displayed a formal request to the Vatican requesting that considered to excomulgar to Kerry by its support to the abortion. An action that the Church could have had some effect on the 50 million estadunidenses catholics.

But the Catholic Service of the News, official agency of the Vatican, mentioned the declaration of an not identified pontifical civil employee in the sense that "it could only be incurred the excomunión... if an abortion is asked for or made". The New York Times presented today the news, adding that the civil employee assured that Kerry "is not hereje". Mysterious are the ways of God.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:26 AM   #19
a.weidner

a.weidner has a spectacular aura abouta.weidner has a spectacular aura about

I'm getting my information from many different sources, like a lot of my fellow countrymen.

There is not only German media, there is also CNN, NBC aswell as the Internet. Altogether quite a differentiated presentation of the facts. I haven't seen a single coverage in German TV that suggested that the USA were behind 911.

your questions are so out of touch with reality, it isn't even funny.
Quote:

I have yet to meet somebody who doesn't think Saddam is a terrible criminal, though even Saddam has the right to be tried, before he is found guilty.
Quote:
Noone I know believes that the US are behind 911, however some people think the Bush administration profited from the attack in an indirect way. But I don't think anybody in his right mind thinks they organised or supported the attacks. The result of that poll might be misleading. Do you know the exact context the questions were asked in? What does 'support' mean? Osamas family profited from the USA, so you could call that support. The CIA supported the Mujahedin (sp?) and thus Osama in a way.
"...may have sponsored..." what kind of question is that anyway? If they had asked: "Do you think they did?" Yes/No. Do you honestly think 20% would say yes, lol. How much Americans do you think wouldn't rule it out completly that the Bush adminstration or any other US organisation supported Osama in some kinda way? I'm sure you have your share of conspiracy theorists, that's an essential part of a healthy democracy. If there was no opposition, that should make you think.
Quote:
Where is your proof that the UN security council votes have been 'bought'? If you would take it as an indicator for me being a 'terrorist sympathizer' if I didn't believe they were bought, you must have really strong evidence. So proof me that your theories are fact, before you call anybody 'indoctrinated'. And what would be the point in 'buying' TWO vetos, if you just needed one?
Quote:
This point is one of the most rediculous things I've ever heard. It isn't even worth commenting on. Anyway:
Saddam doesn't equal Taliban. Saddam is a massmurder and a cruel dictator. But he did not kill women because they learned to read, lol, I wonder were you got that idea from.
And about Germany supporting the Taliban (which your question implied, if you didn't confuse Iraq and Afghanistan):
Do you realize, that there are still some thousand German troops deployed in Afghanistan and that German soldiers lose their lifes defending the freedom of the Afghan people? And btw, all that talk about anti-Americanism is totally overrated. Very few people over here hate America. Most people adore America. Just because they don't agree with the decisions of the US administration, doesn't make them anti-American. Obviously we have different outlooks on life, but we all believe in freedom and democracy.

back to my lurking duties.
a.weidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:34 AM   #20
Arne
Golden Member

Thanks a lot, a.weidner. Where do you live and how long did you live in the USA and how long did you live in the Germany? I think it might be a lot easier for you to express yourself, than it is for me!

Old 10-21-2004, 11:35 AM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
The Iraqi didn't pose a threat to the western civilisation, including America. Saddam had no nuclear weapons, which was actually reported by the UN before the war started
This is your opinion, formed in hindsight.

At the time that the United States made the decision to invade Iraq, the shared view of the worldwide intelligence community (including France, Germany, and Russia) was that Saddam Hussein was in possession of WMD. It's really easy for you to say NOW that they didn't pose a threat, with Saddam deposed and no WMD found. If you had made the same statement before the United States invaded, you would have been in a very distinct minority.

Quote:
nor did he have - in my opinion - a threatful connection to the Al-Qaida. And Donald admitted that, too
You're entitled to your opinion, I suppose.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:47 AM   #22
Arne
Golden Member

Here, you should read this:
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/m...8/ritter.cnna/

I don't think there should be some one who should know better about the situation than this guy. Other inspectors were talking the same way.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #23
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Here, you should read this:
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/m...8/ritter.cnna/

I don't think there should be some one who should know better about the situation than this guy. Other inspectors were talking the same way.
I'm aware that there were minority opinions that Saddam wasn't pursuing WMD and didn't possess them at the time. However, as I said in my last post, the consensus of the majority of the world's intelligence community was exactly the opposite. As for Ritter's claim that Saddam wasn't pursuing WMD, the Duelfer Report pretty much debunks that claim.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:37 PM   #24
Arne
Golden Member

That's your opinion, but I was believing the UN much more, than the CIA. And the German and French intelligences aren't that big. That'S something I know... They probably just kind o followed the other ones, because of lack of knowledge.

But as a fucking president you've got to know, what's going on, before you invade a country. It'S no kindergarten, where you can rely on just not knowing... You've got to know before you act!

Old 10-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to know that Arne is qualified to say what a president should and shouldn't be doing. You know, with his vast experience and all. It is your OPINION. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:04 PM   #26
Arne
Golden Member

Yeah, that's my opinion. But maybe some people won't just say: it's his opinion, not more, not less. I hope Some people will think about my opinion and even if they don't think that I'm always right, they take something of it as right and something not. That's how it goes if you're open minded. Even if you've already made up your mind, you can always change it at least partly.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:07 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not opinion when he President and you are not. He does it his way because he has all of the available information. You do not. You have the benefit of sitting fat in a chair second guessing every move because you obviously do not like him. Your mind is closed on that front.

I've considered your "opinion" and found it to be wanton in many areas. It is biased by a dislike of a great man, who decides his actions on a vast wealth of knowledge, not on the opinions of some euro's who wish to meddle in US politics.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:22 PM   #28
Arne
Golden Member

Thsi great man had his best financial business - before he became president - when he bought himself into a baseball club in Texas, for something around $500.000, then built a new stadium mostly financed by a gouvernment, who's president was his father. But on his way to built the new stadium he forced people per law (which never happened for business reasons before in the state Texas...) to leave their ground. Afterwards he sold his part of the team for something around 15 mil. Dollars.

That's a great man... And just to your information, I got this from a television program, which is being showed in France, Germany and some other countries. - Not from Mr. Michael Moore... I've got to tell you that one because otherwise someone would have "accused" me of only listening to Moore...

Old 10-21-2004, 01:26 PM   #29
razap

razap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My mind is already made up, that's right, but what's the problem about that? Can't you discuss something with somebody who has an opinion other than you have? Why are you so frightened of discussion? I mean:

"I'm sorry your time spent in Europe has tainted your views - with an open mind maybe we could have a reasonable debate."

That's just stupid. or am I the one who's spending his time in front of "Fox-News"?
Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Sean HAnnity, ANN coulter... reliable news sources conservatives use.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:49 PM   #30
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thsi great man had his best financial business - before he became president - when he bought himself into a baseball club in Texas, for something around $500.000, then built a new stadium mostly financed by a gouvernment, who's president was his father. But on his way to built the new stadium he forced people per law (which never happened for business reasons before in the state Texas...) to leave their ground. Afterwards he sold his part of the team for something around 15 mil. Dollars.

That's a great man... And just to your information, I got this from a television program, which is being showed in France, Germany and some other countries. - Not from Mr. Michael Moore... I've got to tell you that one because otherwise someone would have "accused" me of only listening to Moore...
As others will confirm, I am not a Bush supporter. Your statements have some inaccuracies...

Yes, the Texas Rangers stadium was a City of Arlington financed project and (IMO) a very sweet arrangement for the baseball club that increased their value. However, the agreement between the City and the Rangers was approved in an election by the citizens of the City of Arlington.

The City has the right to use their power of condemnation to take a private citizen's property, provided however that the private owners are paid fair market value for their property. That has been done prior to the stadium and has been done since. It was not the first time a city has used its power of emminent domain to assist a private enterprise, in fact another city in Texas used that power to give a piece of land to a shopping center developer. The land that was given to the stadium was paid for at FMV, and was affirmed by a court.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #31
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Lets clear the air here -

To say that Bush took pre-emtive action is wrong. The Gulf War of 1991 never ended because Saddam Hussein didn't want it to.
Great Britain & the United States of America have been at war with Saddam's Iraqi regime since 1991. The US military has policed the "no-fly" zone to prevent the extermination of the Kurdish and Shia populations. Almost daily Saddam violated the UN-supervised truce by firing on British and American planes. CLINTON bombed Baghdad in 1998 (during each day of his impeachment trial) - Clinton bombed Iraqi military targets in response to an assasignation attempt on George H W Bush, AND helped passed the Iraqi Liberation Act to bring about the forceable removal of Hussein

Saddam differs on his interpretation of Islam BUT kills indiscriminately nonetheless. Yes Saddam = Taliban.
How do you decipher one circumstance from the other. The Taliban were mass murderers and dictators - as a group. Saddam Hussein was so good at it he made it a one man job. The Taliban at least had a theological ideal to enforce when it stoned women to death or had a public execution or banned music, literature, dancing, etc. - Saddam would kill on a whim. Saddam is the man who set up torture & rape rooms, gassed his own peoples, genocide was a stroll in the park. The guy killed his own family members because he was paranoid - just like islamic fundamentalists kill sisters or daughters who have been raped because it shames their family. They are morally equivalent.

Oil-for-Food is the biggest scam in history. French bureaucrats, Russian businessmen, and individuals with the UN profited at the expense of starving Iraqi children. The United Nations is proving itself impotent and irrelevant.
Though the almighty surrogate, the UN, Europe set out to shape world opinion against America, more importantly against the Bush white house. Why? Because George called their bluff. Sixteen UNSC Resolutions were leved against Saddam. He had 12 damn years to comply - why did prominent UN members let him slide? MONEY. This why the US was forced into unilateralism. France, China, & Russia were all to lose a business partner in Saddam Hussein's overthrow. We are only now stratching the surface of Oil-for-Food. Where to start? Should I even begin to throw out names? There is now evidence that Kofi Annon's son pocketed kick-back money for chrissakes. Saddam turned bribery and deception into an art form - yet the world wanted to play the waiting game with Saddam.

CNN - Iraqi bribes to UN
MSNBC - Oil-for-Food Scandal
Aljazeera.net - Oil-for-Food Scandal
National Review - Kofi & Koji
Washington Times - Russian/French influence

I don't get a lot of Deutsch news - I can only go on what makes headlines in the US.
At no time did I say the Germans weren't fighting in Afghanistan. I am well aware of the fact Germany is on the ground and in the mountains helping eliminate islamofacism. I appreciate their efforts. That is why the poll is so upsetting to me personally. Lets assume the poll is slanted and/or misleading - (they claim 30% believe the US may have "sponsored" the attacks) - am i supposed to feel better if only 1 in 10 Germans think the US government was involved in 9/11?

Bin Laden has launched jihad on the WESTERN WORLD, which, last time I checked, included Germany. I expect solidarity from our allies in the global war on terror. If at any point we as civilized cultures find ourselves divided against each other we become more vulnerable to attack. April 5, 1986 - the Berlin disco bombing - don't you guys get it? We are all in this together. A suicide bomber isn't going to think twice about walking into a german shopping mall, or church, or school and blowing it up just because Gerherdt Schroder condemed the war in Iraq.

If America had it to do all over again we would have take Hitler out in 1937. We were isolationists and MILLIONS more died because we did not act pre-emtively. The choice is now clear - which side of history does Europe want to be on?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #32
Arne
Golden Member

Why were it always the Americans and the supporters of the Iraq war?

Why do you feel offended by a poll, that talks about 1000 people and was even misleading? There are some Americans, that feel offended by the German government, because it doesn'T want to participate in the Iraq war. Shall I be offended by this, too...

Old 10-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #33
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Why were it always the Americans and the supporters of the Iraq war?

Why do you feel offended by a poll, that talks about 1000 people and was even misleading? There are some Americans, that feel offended by the German government, because it doesn'T want to participate in the Iraq war. Shall I be offended by this, too...
Arne i can't fucking understand you. Where is your translator a.weidner?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #34
seal614

Arne you are not a native English speaker correct? Some of us get hung up on small mistakes you've made; but on the whole your english is excellent if you are a native German (or any foreign language) speaker.

Thank you capitalcity for laying a few things out clearly.

I also agree that a poll of 1000 people can be misleading, but at the same time... how can so many of those people think the U.S. orchestrated the attacks? That's paranoid conspiracy theory at it's finest. That's completely ridiculous, those claims make Moore look legit.

- Brian
Old 10-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Good thing to be a non native english quasi speaker. We can understand to the point our english-ish dialects.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #36
Arne
Golden Member

No, I'm not a native English speaker. I've been in an English speaking country, for something like 1 and1/2 month.

Sorry, that sentence should've been: Why were it always the Americans and the supporters of the Iraq war, who were attacked by the Al Qaida?