Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all
Default Are the Heat the inevitable champs?

They just steamrolled Boston in 5. What do you guys think? Are they beatable?
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
They just steamrolled Boston in 5. What do you guys think? Are they beatable?
NBA forum get those mofos out of here.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-11-2011 at 08:37 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

This is blasphemy and you know it.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

I'm just asking what you guys think about them. Part of me is worried Stern has already crowned them. The other part is worried about how we match up. I'm seriously asking you guys what you think it will take to beat them!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

No bench in Heat town, and ALL their PG's are just decorative figurines.
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No. Now move this to the NBA forum so I dont have to see it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I love this thread about as much as I love this save
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7wUJIek_E
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Personally I'd like a Mavs - CHeat rematch minus the officiating shenanagans that were well documented in 2006...
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Two things stick out in my mind. We beat them both games in the regular season and they have no bench.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, the Heat are unbeatable. I mean, it took a late push for them to put away a Boston team with a one-armed PG and no interior presence at all, despite Wade shooting 80%, but yeah....they're invincible. Can't beat em. May as well quit.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
Mavsfan2thedeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Nope, the Heat are unbeatable. I mean, it took a late push for them to put away a Boston team with a one-armed PG and no interior presence at all, despite Wade shooting 80%, but yeah....they're invincible. Can't beat em. May as well quit.
I think you are reading a tone into my question that isn't there. I hate the cHeat with a passion and would love nothing more than to see us or somebody else take them down. But from what I can tell, they'd be tough to beat. I'm just asking for opinions on how to beat them. They definitely look to be playing better team basketball than they were when we saw them in the regular season. And I'm also not convinced that the refs would call a fair game if we were to match up with them. Surely Stern wouldn't screw us twice would he?

Last edited by Mavsfan2thedeath; 05-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #12
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

One option to beat them is to keep playing good defense.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you are reading a tone into my question that isn't there. I hate the cHeat with a passion and would love nothing more than to see us or somebody else take them down. But from what I can tell, they'd be tough to beat. I'm just asking for opinions on how to beat them. They definitely look to be playing better team basketball than they were when we saw them in the regular season. And I'm also not convinced that the refs would call a fair game if we were to match up with them. Surely Stern wouldn't screw us twice would he?
I am reading the thread title. It asks whether they are the "inevitable champs."

I say yes, yes they are. We should forfeit now and save ourselves the embarrassment. Maybe the Rangers will pick it up soon.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No offense, but I think it would be hard to read something into your post that isn't already there. To even suggest the concept of "inevitability" brings with it a lot of (unsound) implications.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
DallasMavericksIn2011

DallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the rough

They have no bench. They'll get creamed in the finals, if they even get past Chicago.
DallasMavericksIn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
Mavsfan2thedeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I am reading the thread title. It asks whether they are the "inevitable champs."

I say yes, yes they are. We should forfeit now and save ourselves the embarrassment. Maybe the Rangers will pick it up soon.
The sardonic nature of your reply is not appreciated.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #17
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
The sardonic nature of your reply is not appreciated.
Then I don't think you'll appreciate a very high percentage of Dub's posts.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
Mavsfan2thedeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I admit there might be a tad bit of melodrama in my thread title. But I want the Mavs to win a title just as much as (or more than) the next guy, and I see the Heat as the only real threat still left in the playoffs. I was just looking for reassurance that we have the ability/personnel/matchups to beat this team, that's all. I apologize if I insulted anybody's intelligence.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I admit there might be a tad bit of melodrama in my thread title. But I want the Mavs to win a title just as much as (or more than) the next guy, and I see the Heat as the only real threat still left in the playoffs. I was just looking for reassurance that we have the ability/personnel/matchups to beat this team, that's all. I apologize if I insulted anybody's intelligence.
Get up off your knees, son.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #20
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

All I see that Miami has going for them is Wade and James Bosh is not playing up to his potential and they have no bench. It takes a team to win a series not just two players.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #21
Mavsfan2thedeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Get up off your knees, son.
?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #22
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
It's admirable to start preparing your mental defense mechanisms now so the inevitable loss isn't as traumatic.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #23
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Yeah, right - wrong house!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #24
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
It's admirable to start preparing your mental defense mechanisms now so the inevitable loss isn't as traumatic.
What's inevitable, again?
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe aqua has inside information that Salvatore is booked for the entire NBA Finals. Not sure how else he could be so cocksure about about the Big 2 and a Half carrying his team to the championship.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-11-2011 at 10:42 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #26
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

If both Dallas and Miami make it to the Finals our defense will give us the edge.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #27
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I love how this thread is simultaneously cocksure that we're going to the Finals and flaccid about our chances once there. Let Chicago/Atlanta worry about the Heat for now.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #28
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I love how this thread is simultaneously cocksure that we're going to the Finals and flaccid about our chances once there.
This.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

I honestly think if the Mavs and Bulls both make it to the Finals we would have much more trouble. Yes, they only have one superstar in Rose, but they have a much better defensive unit.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I honestly think if the Mavs and Bulls both make it to the Finals we would have much more trouble. Yes, they only have one superstar in Rose, but they have a much better defensive unit.
Miami has a very good defense too, even if it isn't as good as the Bulls but they have a much better offense
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #31
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Miami has a very good defense too, even if it isn't as good as the Bulls but they have a much better offense
Agreed. Miami's defense has come a long way.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think Miami is the inevitable team coming out of the East. I think the West is going to have something to say about their rings though.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #33
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Maybe aqua has inside information that Salvatore is booked for the entire NBA Finals. Not sure how else he could be so cocksure about about the Big 2 and a Half carrying his team to the championship.
Chicago will be no problem. Everyone knows that teams with the best regular season record and reigning MVP craps out before reaching the Finals. There are three recent examples. We've already beaten OKC and Memphis, so that's covered.
Seriously, the Mavs, and especially Dirk, were very impressive handling the scum of LA. I think a Mavs - Heat Finals would be great and would really like to see it happen.

Last edited by aquaadverse; 05-12-2011 at 02:26 AM.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #34
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Miami's bench only scored 12 points against Boston last night if Wade and James have to carry the load to reach the Finals this will be a heavy burden. The more minutes these two have to play the better for whichever teams comes out of the West.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #35
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be honest. The Heat worry me a lot. I wouldn't expect the Mavs to beat them in a seven game series. I know they have basically nobody outside for their big 3, but I could easily see Lebron and Wade averaging 70+ in the finals. I think everyone here is smart enough to know what to expect from the officiating. Should they make it to the finals, watch for their FT totals to skyrocket. Also bear in mind that the rotations that worked so well for the Mavs against the Lakers wouldn't work against the Heat. The Mavs wouldn't be able to get away with playing Terry and Barea together for long stretches because one of them would have to guard Wade. I also wouldn't expect Peja to be of much use against the Heat because would have to guard Lebron.

I'm rooting hard for the Bulls to get to the Finals because I think the Mavs, should they win their next series, would have a much better shot against the Bulls than the Heat.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #36
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'd rather face the Bulls as well, if we were to make it to that point. And Miami is probably the opponent to make us miss Butler just a little more. However, neither their level of play nor the officiating scare me at this point.

We've been too good this postseason to be afraid of anyone or anything. Respect? Yes! Worries? Not really.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'd rather face the Bulls as well, if we were to make it to that point. And Miami is probably the opponent to make us miss Butler just a little more. However, neither their level of play nor the officiating scare me at this point.

We've been too good this postseason to be afraid of anyone or anything. Respect? Yes! Worries? Not really.
It's not so much the Heat's level of play that worries me so much as that I don't see any back court rotation the Mavs could effectively use against them. Stevenson is an offensive liability, and any combination of Kidd/Terry/Barea will get destroyed by Wade.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #38
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Two players are not enough to scare me. Wade and James CANNOT carry the entire load for a seven game series if you believe they can then you are giving them to much credit.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #39
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Two players are not enough to scare me. Wade and James CANNOT carry the entire load for a seven game series if you believe they can then you are giving them to much credit.
Wade did it pretty much by himself in 2006.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #40
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

The Heat also had officiating on their side in 2006. This year the officiating seems to be a little more fair and balanced so far.

Tags
aquaassface, suffering for u.d., suffering from e.d., suffering from p.e., suffering from u.d.