Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2021, 08:23 PM   #121
VA-Mavs-Fan

VA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the roughVA-Mavs-Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So you honestly think Green is our best 1-3 defender? Better than the guy we went to get specifically for 1-3? He's not. Well, I mean it's not proven yet so Idk maybe you are going to soon be right but I haven't seen it yet. I don't blame Rick for not relying on a Green rookie down the stretch. But I damn sure blame him for having DFFS on him.
DFS is a pretty good defender. But DFS is not as quick as Green. Plus Green is very long. Green woulda done much better on CP, who is smaller, quicker. Just my opinion. Not saying Green won't make mistakes. But honestly, how can you even try to defend the defensive job our guys did on CP? That was a total utter disaster. Slow him down just a bit, and we win last night.

JRich - Actually, when i looked, the defensive numbers on JRich don't indicate he is some super defender. Acceptable, yes. But not a lock down defender you need to put on CP. that would be Green. Sure - i am speculating based on the limited minutes we saw him so far, what he did in college, and his quickness and Reach from the combine. Personally, JRich is an OK defender, but not as good as Green.

Last edited by VA-Mavs-Fan; 02-02-2021 at 08:27 PM.
VA-Mavs-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2021, 08:45 PM   #122
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Mavs-Fan View Post
DFS is a pretty good defender. But DFS is not as quick as Green. Plus Green is very long. Green woulda done much better on CP, who is smaller, quicker. Just my opinion. Not saying Green won't make mistakes. But honestly, how can you even try to defend the defensive job our guys did on CP? That was a total utter disaster. Slow him down just a bit, and we win last night.

JRich - Actually, when i looked, the defensive numbers on JRich don't indicate he is some super defender. Acceptable, yes. But not a lock down defender you need to put on CP. that would be Green. Sure - i am speculating based on the limited minutes we saw him so far, what he did in college, and his quickness and Reach from the combine. Personally, JRich is an OK defender, but not as good as Green.
Thats just not reality. I'm not going to just give it to Green yet. Maybe he earns it sooner than later but good luck getting minutes. Defending college kids is a long way from CP. I'd give that task to JRich. Bottom line for me is, we fn went out and traded our best shooter for him and we don't even use him in the situations we need him most.

That said, I would much rather have tried Green or at least had him in the game. No argument there.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:12 PM   #123
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

BTW even though Paul made a great pass the Mavs could have fouled him in that situation before the pass because they still had a foul to give.

But I don't think even think that was discussed in the huddle.

It's just the little things that sometimes make a huge difference in close games.

I remember when Bill Parcells was coaching the Cowboys and he said doing every practice they would go over situational things just keep his players alert.

The Mavs just seem to have these bad things happen to them dating all the way back t that 1st Lakers game where LeBron drove to the basket and the only thing that could beat you was a 3-PT shot in that situation and yet all the Mavs ran towards Lebron and left Green wide open for the 3 LOL

Just a string of bad things that tend seem to happen over and over again with this team in late game situations.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:43 PM   #124
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Yesterday on NBA radio, Antonio Daniels said that defending guards and forwards with handles in the nba has become nearly impossible compared to when he played, because of the way the rules and refs favor the offensive player so heavily. He said he has no idea what coaches and players are supposed to do, and you are pretty much just praying they miss shots. One thing he talked about was how difficult screens are to overcome. If you fight over the screen, shooters like Durant and Harden know how to draw the foul, and if you go under, then they are taking warm up shots.
The NBA is so fickle like that. Stealth rule/reffing changes every few seasons to keep things fresh, but it also makes it hard to build a team if you don't know how things will look in 2 years. It's not just the talent that changes the league. It's the league that has to reinvent the wheel.

Honestly, though, those changes should help Luka. He's a guard and plays like one. I just see him not getting the same calls as other guards and it's infuriating. I hate Luka's whining, but he's honestly right. Just because you are 6'8" shouldn't change how you are officiated.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:21 AM   #125
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
BTW even though Paul made a great pass the Mavs could have fouled him in that situation before the pass because they still had a foul to give.

But I don't think even think that was discussed in the huddle.

It's just the little things that sometimes make a huge difference in close games.

I remember when Bill Parcells was coaching the Cowboys and he said doing every practice they would go over situational things just keep his players alert.

The Mavs just seem to have these bad things happen to them dating all the way back t that 1st Lakers game where LeBron drove to the basket and the only thing that could beat you was a 3-PT shot in that situation and yet all the Mavs ran towards Lebron and left Green wide open for the 3 LOL

Just a string of bad things that tend seem to happen over and over again with this team in late game situations.
I'll take Ricks word that they went over fouling on this one. It's very Mav player like right now to space cadet the situation.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote