Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
JD2010

JD2010 can only hope to improve
Default Gilbert Arenas Cover Player for NBA LIVE 08

What Do yall think about this?
I honestly think he deserved it.
From 2nd round draft pick to NBA LIVE cover player.
WOW.

Link

Quote:
My daughter picked up the cover and was like, “Da-Da,” and I was like, “You’re Goddamn right that's Da-Da! I’m on the cuh-vah.”
Quote:
I told you, didn’t I say it? It was going to be The Takeover and now a second-round pick that no one thought was going to last in the league more than two-to-three years, and six years later I’m on the cuh-vah of the hottest basketball game ever.
Quote:
There’s going to be four million of them. Four. Million. Cuh-vahs. Of me. In stores. Everywhere they go, it’s going to be meeee!

From parties, to trampolines at All-Star, to the cover of LIVE ’08.
JD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Damn, has the cover curse gotten so bad that they get hurt BEFORE the games are released now?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 04-29-2007 at 08:13 PM.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Zero tolerance

By Adrian Wojnarowski

Out of the all times for Gilbert Arenas to come out of his self-induced silence, for all the reasons to do so, his choices on Saturday did little to dispel a growing suspicion that Agent Zero is all about Agent Zero.

So, the Wizards are getting destroyed in their Eastern Conference first-round series, on the way to a humiliating sweep by Cleveland, and Arenas calls a press conference before Game 3 in Washington to congratulate himself on getting his picture on the cover of a video game?

That's a franchise player?

"Everyone knows that this is the takeover year and I took over a lot of stuff," Arenas said. "I surprised myself. I want to finish the season by saying Agent Zero is on the cover of NBA Live 2008."

Wonderful, Gilbert. This had to be thrilling news to his coaches and teammates getting embarrassed by LeBron James and the Cavaliers with Arenas and Caron Butler out for the season. I can only imagine how hard it was for coach Eddie Jordan to bite his lip and keep his thoughts to himself upon hearing that Arenas ended his silence for this purpose.

This was the wrong time, the wrong place, for Arenas to be celebrating his favorite topic -- himself. All that Saturday should've been about was encouraging his teammates to make an improbable bid to get back into the series with Cleveland. After all, that's what franchise players say in the playoffs.

Here's what they don't say: "I have to pat myself on the back for that one. I have the copies of the game and I have been giving them to all my teammates. I let them know that next year, October 2, they have no choice but to look at me. Your kids, brothers, sisters, they have no choice but to look at me. I'm not only in the game, I'm on the cover of it."

Arenas has been nowhere to be found since tearing a meniscus in his left knee on April 4. He hasn't traveled with the Wizards. He hasn't talked to the press. When his teammates could've used him telling the fans -- telling them, for that matter -- that he still believed in this team, to not give up on it, here was the first line of his blog after his injury: "Unfortunately, I've been catching glimpses of my team."

Just maybe, maybe, he could've understood that the Wizards could've used him around the gym here and there, just giving his guys a little nudge. He had been feeling sorry for himself, he said, and that's why he stayed away.

Arenas is a magnetic, charismatic personality. He has all the ability to make this Wizards franchise his own. Of course, the coaches and players know who the real leaders are on a team, and they'll tell you that it isn't Arenas in Washington.

Anyway, with his Wizards fighting for survival in the Eastern Conference playoffs, Arenas left everyone with this on his NBA.com blog about the video game cover.
"Do you realize how big this is?

"They can't tell me nothin'. Mannn. Ohhh. Lorddd.

"It makes my whole rehabbing that much better now. Because while rehabbing, all I'm thinking about is 'I'm on the cover of LIVE.' "

I'm sure Eddie Jordan is thrilled to hear that is Arenas' motivation for returning to Washington next season.

Listen, Arenas is a good guy with a good heart, but he's done enough to sell himself, to remind everyone that he's the second-round pick who transformed into a major star. For now, it should be about the Wizards trying to get one game on the Cavaliers, about a franchise fighting to hold onto a little pride. Agent Zero should've known better.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 04-29-2007 at 08:15 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #4
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Wow. This is so amazing! Arenas on the cover of Live 08? Hows his team doing by they way? Down 3 games to the Cavs on the verge of getting broomswept? Yeah. This is really really interesting. "Who cares about my team as long as Im on the cover of a video game." Very franchise-player like of him to do such thing.

F**k Arenas. He doesnt amuse me one bit.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 04-30-2007 at 04:16 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

He doesnt fit the Adidas "It take 5ive motto."

Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

where is the Zero Tolerance article from?
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Happened to see it at Yahoo Sports...

Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #8
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Love Gilbert, deserved it greatly. By far the most clutch player in the league.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
JD2010

JD2010 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Wow. This is so amazing! Arenas on the cover of Live 08? Hows his team doing by they way? Down 3 games to the Cavs on the verge of getting broomswept? Yeah. This is really really interesting. "Who cares about my team as long as Im on the cover of a video game." Very franchise-player like of him to do such thing.

F**k Arenas. He doesnt amuse me one bit.
neither does Dirk.
MVP my ass.
"my team is down 2-1, if they win game 4 the series is basically over"

it was on TNT last night.

well guess what they did win game 4
JD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

No one should say anything about Arenas and his team being down 3-0 with him and Butler out, when Dallas a t full strength is down 3-1. If you want to say something negative bout him do it in a diff way, cuz it makes you sound stupid using this.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #11
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Okay Arenas is a cocky moron. Better?

I laugh at some of the stuff he says but really the attitude gets to me, he was a second round pick and became an all-star, we get it. What I don't understand is how he has that ego when he had to start all the way at the bottom and get to the top.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #12
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

His team wouldn't be getting swept if he hadn't gotten injured; really can't hold that against him. He seems like a really cool gut to meet too. In the words of Bill Simmons "We need more Gilberts in sports."

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
where is the Zero Tolerance article from?
Yahoo Sports, the NBA Experts Blog.

Here's a link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba...?urn=nba,30607

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Confidence is a joy to watch. I love players like Gilbert Arenas. It's not like he doesn't back up his talk.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
mastercory

mastercory is on a distinguished road

Bill Simmons says that about Arenas because he is a total nut job and makes sports writing more entertaining. Arenas has never been accused of being an unselfish team player. His motivation is being "dissed" or whatever and pretending to enjoy having teammates would ruin his drive. All he cares about is getting his numbers, getting his paycheck, and staying int he spotlight proving how he is so amazing. Winning isn't as important as scoring.
mastercory is offline   Reply With Quote