Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #521
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

nice little argument going on here. ive experienced some of the same sort of problems up here in michigan. ann arbor is right next to detroit and anytime anyone says something detrimental about the city, its "racism".

for example, last year the detroit zoo, which is located in the suburbs, was going to be shut down because the city has huge financial problems. the suburb in which the zoo is located tried to sue the city for possession of the zoo, so that they could keep it open. their attorney, who was white, went to the city council meeting (all the members of which are black). the situation immediately became "racist". one of the city council members said "this aint the south, white folks dont own black folks any more" to which the lawyer later said "id rather own a '56 buick than [council member]"

im so sick of it. not everything is racist, get over it
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #522
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

i think that a great deal of what is held against new orleans is THE CRIME. 3 out of 4 murders in houston are commited by katrina evacuees.
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #523
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Houma LA a couple of weeks ago, the tour was going great Columbus GA was great, Panama City was great, FT Walton Beach was Awesome (got to perform with dueling pianos, amazing crowd) then came Houma. Last time I was there it was pretty good, polite audience and attentive. That was pre-Katrina. Since then they have had 15000 new people move in and stay. This time it was hell. One of the worst groups of people I've ever been in front of. I asked the manager what was up and he said, "It's these assholes from NOLA." The new people had taken over the town and left it dirty, unsafe and generally worse than it had ever been. He added that it had affected everything in Houma. So I can understand why people think NOLA is dirty and immoral.
Funny thing... Not one audience member (and I say audience in lue of pieces of sh*t) was black, hmmm whats that tell you. I am going back in 07 and am not looking forward to it.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #524
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
i think that a great deal of what is held against new orleans is THE CRIME. 3 out of 4 murders in houston are commited by katrina evacuees.
Source?

I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I would genuinely like to know.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #525
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

But let's be honest..... most of the southern portion of Louisiana is nothing more than a hell hole.. It stinks... There are far few teeth to go around... The food is overrated... and the average education level of anyone over the age of 18 can't be higher than a 7th grade level.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #526
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
There are far few teeth to go around
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Murphy3 again.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #527
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Better watch out murph....chum will call you a racist for being critical of the south. You know...."Black country".

It is nice to see that everyone but one buttdart gets it though.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #528
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i missed what went on with this thread....
i dont feel like reading 14 pages of crap..so im just gonna chalk this one up as a loss
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #529
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

What a fascinating thread. I really didn't think Chum could possibly make himself seem more high minded and condescending, and perhaps even flat out nuts.

But he did. What a sick, slow motion, crash and burn that was.

Wow.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #530
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating in that Doc's over-the-top generalization about New Orleans prompted a string of over-the-top generalizations from Chumdawg.

I'm not taking sides, but I agree -- it was a fascinating and entertaining squabble. (FWIW, I know Doc and he's not a racist, but let's not let that get in the way of the fun.)
Old 12-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #531
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I just needed something to take my mind off the horrible loss.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #532
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Classic.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #533
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
And you thought being a total dick was the answer?

What's that beeping noise? Someone is backing up it seems.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #534
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
But let's be honest..... most of the southern portion of Louisiana is nothing more than a hell hole.. It stinks... There are far few teeth to go around... The food is overrated... and the average education level of anyone over the age of 18 can't be higher than a 7th grade level.
hey now, hey now...

i'm from south louisiana (Lafayette - although i wasn't born there, just went to middle and high school), and i turned out fine, AND i have all my teeth! and i graduated from college!

I've never been a big fan of new orleans, but Lafayette (heart of cajun country) is where it's at. The food there beats NO any day of the week. New Orleans is not considered Cajun.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #535
Drbio
Banned

BBL must be a local racist.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #536
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking about starting an O/U vBookie event on how long until Doc let's this one go?

Old 12-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #537
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I'm thinking about starting an O/U vBookie event on how long until Doc let's this one go?

I've got the OVER.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #538
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
hey now, hey now...

i'm from south louisiana (Lafayette - although i wasn't born there, just went to middle and high school), and i turned out fine, AND i have all my teeth! and i graduated from college!

I've never been a big fan of new orleans, but Lafayette (heart of cajun country) is where it's at. The food there beats NO any day of the week. New Orleans is not considered Cajun.
I'll give Lafayette a pass... My main experiences are with Shreveport, the Sulfur/Lake Charles area, New Orleans, Gonzales, and Baton Rouge..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #539
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo

Until he admits he was full of crap. And then one month longer than that.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #540
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
I've got the OVER.
I'd be tempted to drop it if you were all in. Until it was settled and then I would revisit the topic.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #541
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I'd be tempted to drop it if you were all in. Until it was settled and then I would revisit the topic.
Ha!

That's the beauty of this squabble. It's a faux-mance, on both sides.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #542
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Murphy, Shreveport is the definition of suck. I'm sorry you ever had to go there.

As for doc, 9 times out of 10, he blows things way out of proportion for no other reason than wanting to type the word "arse". But in this case, he is 100% justified.