Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough
Default Playoff excitement?

Where's all the playoff excitement and thrilling moments we usually get this time of year? Usually by now we've had some real moments. I'm sorry, but this playoff is just like the regular season. I haven't seen much intensity at all out of any of the teams. It's been pretty mediocre at times and out-right bad at others.

Anyone else a little disappointed at not one thing happening worth going back and watching on TiVo so far except watching Wade fail to be a leader on his team by bricking free throws at home with his back against the wall?
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

i find it exciting that the heat will become the first team in history to win the championship the previous year and lose in the first round the next (by sweep as well!). that truly tells you how they aren't a good team.

other than that, you are right, nothing really. obviously a suprise in our series though. and denver is taking it to SA. hopefully something more exciting will happen soon.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

I found myself in woe before I got excited. I'm too nervous to enjoy the challenge the Mavs are facing.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I think the play of the Bulls has been fun to watch. (especially because they're beating up the Heat) Luol Deng is looking like the next Dirk.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I feel the same way. I think last year was soo exciting that this year is failing to meet the expectations.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
I think the play of the Bulls has been fun to watch. (especially because they're beating up the Heat) Luol Deng is looking like the next Dirk.
Hhahaah...with much better D. But idk if he will be the next Dirk.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
i find it exciting that the heat will become the first team in history to win the championship the previous year and lose in the first round the next (by sweep as well!). that truly tells you how they aren't a good team.

other than that, you are right, nothing really. obviously a suprise in our series though. and denver is taking it to SA. hopefully something more exciting will happen soon.

Devil's advocate says Dallas lost 4 str8 to that "bad" team, so what does that say?

In reality, they were a good playoff team, mix in some "give any call to dwade" ref bias and they got it done last year.

But this yr, they started crappy like Dallas and got better, then dwade got hurt, and then I guess looking back their championship looks "flukish".

But to the op, this first round is boring, the mavs and roxs are on the ropes now. Dallas must win tonight and the roxs must win on mon or it could be over for both. Meanwhile, SA looks like they are taking command in their usual post-season formula.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pissed at the Mavs, I can't pull myself to even watch another game now. I don't want to read or watch anything that might bring up the way the Mavs are playing. The only thing to bring any excitement to me will be the Mavs to start playing basketball like they are capable of playing.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #9
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Nothing spectacular yet. No Brent Barry threes to force OT, no Kevin Martin game-winners, no Dirk threes to force OT, no Kobe magic.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
Nash2STAT
Banned

Nash2STAT can only hope to improve

I'm having a blast.
Nash2STAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #11
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
i find it exciting that the heat will become the first team in history to win the championship the previous year and lose in the first round the next (by sweep as well!).
Actually it would be the second time.

The Spurs/Denver series was exciting after game 1, and the Mavs/GS series is the best in a long time if you are not a Mavs fan.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote