Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of
Default At DB.com If All Else Fails ... my idea for the Mavs ideal backup trade option

At db.com, detailed article on If All Else Fails (what should be the Mavs' backup option if they can't find the super homerun deal)

The short version ... in this climate, I see an obvious window of opportunity to upgrade via trade (includes full discussion of which teams the Mavs look to be competing with as a buyer of salary, who else may or may not be in the picture, and how that positions Dallas in the market)

My preference ...Shaq (Shaq-Barnes-Hill for Stack-JHo-Williams)
Next ....a Gasol-ish homerun
The If All Else Fails ... Salmons/Moore from Sacramento for Stack/Wright

Why is this my If All Else Fails choice?

Salmons ...oft-discussed upgrade, isn't the Gasol-ish homerun but will improve the team by adding another starter-level talent

Moore ...a backup center of some use who thrived alongside Kidd in NJ
...but more importantly, he (a) makes the trade-matching on a deal for Salmons work and in a sweeter way for Sac, and (b) the super part for the Mavs would be, his contract is just like Stackhouse's, only partly guaranteed for 09-10, so they can get him now and trade him in May-June - giving a second/backup shot to swing for the homerun at a time when you can also combine Carroll's shrinking deal to help get to a much bigger salary dump for another team and when there will be few if any competitors who can or will be offering instant salary reduction to a desperate team

Fuller details in the article on the DallasBasketball.com HOMEpage http://www.dallasbasketba...om/fullColumn.php?id=1344
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord View Post
My preference ...Shaq (Shaq-Barnes-Hill for Stack-JHo-Williams)
Next ....a Gasol-ish homerun
The If All Else Fails ... Salmons/Moore from Sacramento for Stack/Wright
Obviously a Shaq/Barnes/Hill deal is at the top of the list (and even more Gasol-ish than the Gasol deal) and Salmons/Moore is obviously a better move than nothing...

Just wondering where the Jamison/Butler for Howard/Stack+ idea sits... It doesn't look as sexy as Shaq, but it certainly looks better than Carter or any other ideas floating around... What would be the reality (if there even is one) of swinging such a deal?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-18-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The latest update I saw on ESPN's website said the Wiz might be looking to hold on to Jamison, and that Cleveland was starting to look elsewhere. Who knows if that's a smokescreen or not...
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Who knows if that's a smokescreen or not...
Speaking of smokescreens - this potential trade with the Kings for Salmons has gotten SOOO much attention on DB.com that it's really starting to feel like a screen for something bigger (although the same could be said for the Shaq proposal screening something smaller...)

I mean - when's the last time you saw a RUMORED trade go down in the NBA? The big deals always seem to come out of left field...

Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see more concrete information today about anything! It just sounds like randomness is flying all over the place about rumors. We just need some dominoes to start falling and see where we fit in the process.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I have a feeling we're not going to make any big trades. Maybe one or two end of bench type trades.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Speaking of smokescreens - this potential trade with the Kings for Salmons has gotten SOOO much attention on DB.com that it's really starting to feel like a screen for something bigger (although the same could be said for the Shaq proposal screening something smaller...)

I mean - when's the last time you saw a RUMORED trade go down in the NBA? The big deals always seem to come out of left field...
Marion for JO and Chandler to OKC come to mind, actually.

Edit: oh yeah, and there was that little Jason Kidd/Devin Harris bit.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-18-2009 at 01:21 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'd like to see more concrete information today about anything! It just sounds like randomness is flying all over the place about rumors. We just need some dominoes to start falling and see where we fit in the process.
Ain't that the truth - it seems like Dallas' name is attached to every available player on the market... I think a lot of the rumors and counter rumors flying around are intended to drive up (or down) asking prices... All of a sudden, San Antonio's name is popping up as an alternative for every Dallas trade rumor - coincidence?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't this belong in the trade and draft forum?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ain't that the truth - it seems like Dallas' name is attached to every available player on the market... I think a lot of the rumors and counter rumors flying around are intended to drive up (or down) asking prices... All of a sudden, San Antonio's name is popping up as an alternative for every Dallas trade rumor - coincidence?
I think we deserve a fair amount of blame for associating ourselves with everyone out in the market. That's just how we roll with the fantasy GM'ing. I think it's a pretty short list of players we'd actually consider looking at:

Shaq and Phoenix Parts
Salmons and/or Miller and minor Sacramento Parts

the real outside glance is at someone from Washington. That seems like a team you can pounce on. The rest is probably just randomness trying to stick.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Marion for JO and Chandler to OKC come to mind, actually.

Edit: oh yeah, and there was that little Jason Kidd/Devin Harris bit.
I was going to mention the Kidd trade, but that rumor had been circulating for years before it finally went down (and nobody could have predicted the details of that trade when it did...)

Marion for J.O. was definitely a strong possibility, but Chandler to OKC seemed like a long shot considering how well the Hornets were rolling along... I suppose you can throw any idea to a wall to see if it sticks then claim you knew it was going to happen, but I don't think a lot of people took the Chandler to OKC idea seriously (I guess people do crazy sh!t when money is tight...)

No doubt I exaggerated, but for every "Marion for JO" rumor you have, there's an "Iverson for Billups" and "Gasol for Kwame" trade that comes out of left field...

Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Kidd-Marbury was rumored by Vescey back in February 2001, he was early by about oh.....5 months. Some stick and some don't. That Chandler trade was rumored Monday and went down Tuesday.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Kidd-Marbury was rumored by Vescey back in February 2001, he was early by about oh.....5 months. Some stick and some don't. That Chandler trade was rumored Monday and went down Tuesday.
Something rumored Monday that goes down Tuesday is pretty much the definition of "out of left field" by NBA standards...

(that's probably part of why the Kidd trade got botched - too much national press coverage for too long really made us look desperate to close the deal, which allowed NJ to jack up the price - I blame Marc Stein!)

Old 02-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Obviously a Shaq/Barnes/Hill deal is at the top of the list (and even more Gasol-ish than the Gasol deal) and Salmons/Moore is obviously a better move than nothing...

Just wondering where the Jamison/Butler for Howard/Stack+ idea sits... It doesn't look as sexy as Shaq, but it certainly looks better than Carter or any other ideas floating around... What would be the reality (if there even is one) of swinging such a deal?
A Jamison/Butler move would be the sexiness idea out of all of em. And it would trump the Gasol trade.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

Quote:

I understand what you mean. But let me give you a few items of feedback on the issues you raise ...

1. All deals are unlikely. Period.

2. While we think trades spring fully done from nowhere, do they really? Last year we heard about Kidd for WEEKS before it happened. Marion-O'Neal has been reported as being discussed for a couple months, maybe? NO is willing to dump Chandler and is looking for a buyer, 2 weeks ago. Maybe OKC only cropped up days before it happened as the buyer, but in general the deal wasn't a surprise at all. Diop to Charlotte? It was no surprise at all.

I suspect often these ideas are like a woman shopping for a dress. They try it on, doesn't quite fit, try on something similar and still doesn't fit, then aha there's the fit.

Okay, the Cassell tax-avoiding salary dump from Boston to the Kings, and the Aker tax-avoiding salary dump from Detroit to the Clipps, both came from nowhere.

3. I think a lot of these things leak out - along with fake ideas and failed ideas - so I fall back on "what makes sense" to try to separate wheat from chaff. That is to say, if something rumored looks like a deal that could meet both teams needs, it probably makes sense to them as well. And if it somewhere doesn't pass the sniff test, then one or both teams have probably tossed the idea in the dumper or it was never truly on the table.

4. The "trade targets/ideas" I offer at db.com come from the fact that there is evidence somewhere that those players are being shopped or their teams are in the trade mix. Is Salmons truly being discussed by the Mavs? I'd say yes, because I suspect they are looking at virtually EVERY available player and trying to figure who fits.

Shaq? Now on that one, while we know Phx was looking to deal and he was mentioned, I really don't know what if anything is being discussed. I started that idea, it's gained traction in the discussions because many think it makes sense, but I don't make the deals. If it's an active item between Dallas and Phx then they've kept it super quiet. It makes perfect sense to me from BOTH sides, given the Mavs needs and the Suns money issues, so that's why we keep talking about it.

5. I don't have any knowledge the Mavs are specifically targeting Salmons. I see the reports on Salmons and others, and like you I take them with a grain of salt.

6. But there is an undisputed trifecta that brings ME to mention Salmons, which is (a) the Kings are desperate to move salary, (b) the Mavs are looking for such a trade partner, and (c) when considering salary match, assets, and fit, Salmons makes the most sense to me of which Kings player they might have atop their list. And I'm a big Occam's Razor guy - ie given everything in play, Salmons looks like the most logical, so that makes it the likeliest outcome.

That sort of logic of course is why I also have focused on Shaq. Suns need to move money, Mavs are looking for that team, and Shaq would seem to be the player that Phx would be willing to move and the Mavs would welcome.

7. And all that having been said, let me repeat the most important fact to remember: All deals are unlikely. Period.

I give my ideas, my hopes, my logic, but at the end of the day, who knows.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
I understand what you mean. But let me give you a few items of feedback on the issues you raise ...

1. All deals are unlikely. Period.

I give my ideas, my hopes, my logic, but at the end of the day, who knows.
Dammit, DLord - my heart doesn't have any use for "reality" over the next 24 hours!

Look me in the eyes and tell me, "everything's going to be okay - we're getting Shaq..."

EDIT: sorry about taking DLord's name in vain - I know how people around here hate that!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

if all else fails . . .
"punch Cuban in the stomach night" at the AAC
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Give me

Kidd/JET
Butler/JET
Jamison/George
Dirk/Singleton
Damp/Hollins

over any Shaq line-up.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Give me

Kidd/JET
Butler/JET
Jamison/George
Dirk/Singleton
Damp/Hollins

over any Shaq line-up.
Agreed, but there aren't any actual rumors about that trade floating around - just a bunch of speculation and what-ifs on the boards (and none of them realistic...)

Same could be said about Shaq, but at least those rumors can actually play out in reality - I'm still wondering how you'd get both Jamison and Butler here for the price of Howard/Stack (you'd probably have to toss Josh's pot dealer into the mix because the Wizard's FO would have to be high to pull the trigger...)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #20
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I just want to know where did this trade for Shaq with a West rival all of a sudden become a possibility? I mean not trying to sound like a prick but i've been hearing it around Dallas all week. And the fact that the Suns just fired Porter isn't that a sign they're staying pat?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Stack should be moved for at least something that can contribute. Even if it's a plan C or D move. Team needs are a 2 guard or a 5. Possibly a back-up pg.

Get crackin!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I just want to know where did this trade for Shaq with a West rival all of a sudden become a possibility? I mean not trying to sound like a prick but i've been hearing it around Dallas all week. And the fact that the Suns just fired Porter isn't that a sign they're staying pat?
It became possible because of $$$$$. That green trumps basically everything else.

Them firing Porter might mean standing pat, or might mean a more running offense which Shaq is too old for.

Lots of speculation and thoughts on this one.

If they move Amare, then I think they keep Shaq. If they move Shaq, I think they keep Amare. Which way are they going to go, or are they just going to keep a high paid 9th place team, and keep losing money?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I just want to know where did this trade for Shaq with a West rival all of a sudden become a possibility?
Because nobody in the East can afford him...

Mark Cuban is one of the only people willing to pay for Shaq right now (if the Suns plan on shipping him...)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-18-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #24
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

After Josh's pathetic play against Boston even Cubes should have noticed that this guy needs to be moved

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 02-18-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I still think Stack should be moved for at least something that can contribute. Even if it's a plan C or D move. Team needs are a 2 guard or a 5. Possibly a back-up pg.

Get crackin!
How about...........
Plan C or D or even F,G or H.

Three way trade with the partner Portland wants - where Portland uses Raef's expiring, and Dallas uses Stack -- and Dallas gets back Webster, Sergio Rod, and Channing Frye ---- all backup parts for Portland who would contribute here.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #26
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Agreed, but there aren't any actual rumors about that trade floating around - just a bunch of speculation and what-ifs on the boards (and none of them realistic...)

Same could be said about Shaq, but at least those rumors can actually play out in reality - I'm still wondering how you'd get both Jamison and Butler here for the price of Howard/Stack (you'd probably have to toss Josh's pot dealer into the mix because the Wizard's FO would have to be high to pull the trigger...)
I consider Shaq trade talks are all speculation as well.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I consider Shaq trade talks are all speculation as well.
I suppose we'll find out in a little less than 24 hours...

(why do I feel blue balls setting in?)

Old 02-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #28
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I am getting the feeling that tomorrow will be like the first christmas you are old enough to realize there is no Santa Claus.

And then you find out all your parents got you was a new pair of undershirts.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #29
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
I am getting the feeling that tomorrow will be like the first christmas you are old enough to realize there is no Santa Claus.

And then you find out all your parents got you was a new pair of undershirts.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors are crazy around the league. Depending on what rumors you read, every team is either active or...not active in trade talks. It's like a hurricane of gossip that can't be decoded.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #31
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

except for the Kidd trade.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #32
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Question: If I have hated this guy for as long as he has played, and think he is a pretty big tool, but am hoping every day to see him in my teams uniform, am I a sell-out?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

No trades made by Cubes as of today, maybe tommorow..
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
except for the Kidd trade.
See posts #11 & #13...

(I should probably just edit the post you quoted so I can stop defending my statement...)

Old 02-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
Question: If I have hated this guy for as long as he has played, and think he is a pretty big tool, but am hoping every day to see him in my teams uniform, am I a sell-out?
If you ever get the chance to sell-out...... TAKE IT!

(why should fans be the only participants of the NBA with any integrity?)

Old 02-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #36
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See posts #11 & #13...

(I should probably just edit the post you quoted so I can stop defending my statement...)
No! all your attempts are futile! you lose the game UD, you lose!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
No! all your attempts are futile! you lose the game UD, you lose!
/pwn't

Old 02-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #38
DLord

Some sources I trust say that Salmons-Miller to Chicago is close to done and could happen shortly. We'll see. If so, it cuts a chunk off the Kings payroll for next season - but in the long run, the money is virtually a wash. The Kings prefer that trade over mine that would have saved them $10M or more in payroll? Argggg.

Let me add: don't believe this until it's actually announced. At this time of year, there's smoke everywhere as teams try to drive up the price. So having heard this is super-close, at the same time when I look at it based on what the teams say they want, I have to think, "The Kings REALLY are going to go this direction. REALLY?" And I also have a hard time seeing how it's all that great for Chicago, frankly. But it's their decision not mine.

Last edited by DLord; 02-18-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #39
Windmill360
Diamond Member

we are goners.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some sources I trust say that Salmons-Miller to Chicago is close to done and could happen shortly. We'll see. If so, it cuts a chunk off the Kings payroll for next season - but in the long run, the money is virtually a wash. The Kings prefer that trade over mine that would have saved them $10M or more in payroll? Argggg.
If that's the case I predict that we don't do anything.

And that saddens me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grasping at straws, ideal backup option gone, mods are hypocrites