Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2018, 02:25 AM   #1
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Do whatever you can to clear enough cap space to throw a max offer at Clint Capela. That's my new thing.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Do whatever you can to clear enough cap space to throw a max offer at Clint Capela. That's my new thing.
We already have enough cap space to offer a max contract this summer.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Wasted time, Capela is a RFA and Morey was never closer to a ring that would complete his douchebag kingdom.

He is not letting Capela walk, specially not to Cuban, even with a max offer that may is a slighty overpay of a few millions each year. The new Rockets owner is also not cheap like Alexander. They are keeping Paul, Harden and Capela at any costs.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-05-2018 at 07:02 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Then there's the whole waiting 3 days while every other FA signs and then we lose Capela when he's matched. Leaving us with signing Greg Monroe or some other "bargain" that every other team has no interest in. Then RC has to once again make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Then there's the whole waiting 3 days while every other FA signs and then we lose Capela when he's matched. Leaving us with signing Greg Monroe or some other "bargain" that every other team has no interest in. Then RC has to once again make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
To be fair what FA worth pursuing isn’t an RFA? Demarcus Cousins (vomit)? Paul George? Brook Lopez? Avery Bradley? I mean I’m all for trying to lure Paul George, but I think we all know he’s going to the Lakers.

Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, and Jabari Parker are our most realistic targets and they’re all RFAs. I’m not really intrigued by any of those guys. Let’s say the Rockets lose in the WCF badly to the Warriors, do they aggressively seek to resign Capela knowing they have to reup Chris Paul and attract PG13, Lebron, or Carmelo?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
To be fair what FA worth pursuing isn’t an RFA? Demarcus Cousins (vomit)? Paul George? Brook Lopez? Avery Bradley? I mean I’m all for trying to lure Paul George, but I think we all know he’s going to the Lakers.

Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, and Jabari Parker are our most realistic targets and they’re all RFAs. I’m not really intrigued by any of those guys. Let’s say the Rockets lose in the WCF badly to the Warriors, do they aggressively seek to resign Capela knowing they have to reup Chris Paul and attract PG13, Lebron, or Carmelo?
If they lost Capela though who would replace him out there on the open market with their cap situation? It's like when the Cavs gave the ridiculous amount to TT, they have no other option unless they want to get worse as a basketball team.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

Why would anyone want Melo? He has hit the wall harder than any player I recall

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote