Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-31-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emmit and T-Hamm, together again

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Cardinals acquired running back Troy Hambrick and defensive end Peppi Zellner on Tuesday in a trade with the Oakland Raiders.

The Cardinals gave the Raiders an undisclosed conditional 2005 draft pick, the team announced.

Hambrick entered the league with the Dallas Cowboys in 2000 as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Savannah State and started all 16 games for Dallas last season.

He rushed for 972 yards and five touchdowns last year, but was released by the Cowboys May 13 and signed with the Raiders four days later.

Zellner also broke into the league with the Cowboys. He was drafted by Dallas in 1999. He spent the 1999-2002 seasons with the Cowboys. He played in 16 games for the Redskins a year ago.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Emmit and T-Hamm, together again

this cracked me up so much!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:54 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Actually I am not sure why the cowboys cut Hambrick. He made very little money and was one of the best blockers on the team. he averaged more blocks than anyone on special teams two years back. Cows could have just kept him unless Ham wanted to be out. Ofcourse, he is not the starting RB but he could have helped Vinny a lot with his blocking ability.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:03 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Emmit and T-Hamm, together again

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Actually I am not sure why the cowboys cut Hambrick. He made very little money and was one of the best blockers on the team. he averaged more blocks than anyone on special teams two years back. Cows could have just kept him unless Ham wanted to be out. Ofcourse, he is not the starting RB but he could have helped Vinny a lot with his blocking ability.
He wouldn't have accepted his role. They can get his special teams blocking from one of the fullbacks who will be happy to make the team.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
He wouldn't have accepted his role. They can get his special teams blocking from one of the fullbacks who will be happy to make the team.

Well, he is not a superstar who would have b!tched about his role. I am sure he was told by the raiders when they aquired him what his role would be. Also with some of the young RBS on Arizona like Scoebey, its hard to see THAM being even RB2.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:27 PM   #6
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Tham asked to be released by Dallas, thinking he'd get a better(fair) shot at starting somewhere else. How funny, now that he is going to back up Emmitt again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Old 08-31-2004, 10:37 PM   #7
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

ARI will now have the slowest RB corps in the league with Smith, Shipp, Scobey and T. Ham.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:41 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: DCowboysGal
ARI will now have the slowest RB corps in the league with Smith, Shipp, Scobey and T. Ham.

Shipp is out for the season and he is the fastest of them all.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:15 AM   #9
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Originally posted by: DCowboysGal

Shipp is out for the season and he is the fastest of them all.
He's not out for the season. He's not on the IR, he was listed as out for 8-12 weeks about 2 weeks ago. I think he should be back around midseason.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I wonder how Emmit feels about surrounding himself with poo poo again.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

well, one thing is for sure.....Arizona's running game is gonna suck hard!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #12
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Man. This is funny! Can you imagine how they are feeling right now? Emmitt says, "You again!?" and Hambrick says, "Yes. Your b*tch is back. My idol."
Old 09-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Arizona has now signed Avion Cason. Not sure I understand the fascination with former Cowboy running backs.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:25 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Avion gives them some speed which they badly need. I will have to trade emmitt whom I got in the 11th round and get something for him.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #15
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

This article is funny:

Apologetic Hambrick playing behind Emmitt again
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) _ Troy Hambrick is playing behind Emmitt Smith again, but this time he's not complaining.

``I've got a big heart for Emmitt,'' Hambrick said after an Arizona Cardinals' workout, ``and every day I get a chance to apologize to him for the things I said when I was younger and hungrier and thought that was the thing to do. It was immaturity.''

The Cardinals traded an undisclosed conditional 2005 draft pick to Oakland last week to acquire Hambrick and defensive end Peppe Zellner. With new Arizona coach Dennis Green firmly committed to the 35-year-old Smith as the starting running back, a wiser Hambrick said he will play whatever role the Cardinals desire.

``They traded for me, so they needed me,'' Hambrick said. ``I come in a little out of shape, but I'm pressing along trying to fit into this offense some kind of way. If my role is limited, I'll take it. If it's full of excitement, I'll take that.''

With Marcell Shipp gone with a season-ending leg injury, Hambrick becomes the power back to complement Smith's more finesse style.

``It was a good combination in Dallas until I opened my mouth,'' Hambrick said Sunday. ``I'm going to try to keep that closed this year, and in the years to come.''

Just two seasons ago, when Smith was still with Dallas and became the NFL's career rushing leader, Hambrick was impatient with his backup role, and said so.

At training camp in 2002, when Smith was just 540 yards shy of the record, Hambrick called himself the best running back on the team. After Smith broke the record, Hambrick hinted it was time for him to move on.

``I have always admired Emmitt and his will and the things he's done,'' Hambrick said back then. ``I just feel like it comes a time _ it's not my call to say when it's time _ but I'm a guy that wants to get my career off the ground and establish myself as a household name.''

Hambrick got his wish in 2003 and his attitude was still the same when the season started.

``This is my time,'' he said. ``We've been waiting on Emmitt to retire or make his move. ... Of course, I see it as a breakout year. Every time I touch the ball, it's a breakout carry.''

What followed was a lesson in humility. He started all 16 games for Dallas last season and gained 927 yards, but averaged just 3.5 yards per carry.

``It was just my desire to play the game,'' Hambrick now says of his big talk. ``I was hearing from everybody that I was the next thing to O.J. Simpson. But they didn't tell me that once a team starts game-planning against you, all those big runs stop.''

The Cowboys drafted running back Julius Jones in the first round this year, then released Hambrick in May. He was signed by Oakland, but spent more time eating than playing with the Raiders in the preseason.

``Not doing much there in Oakland, I gained maybe 10 or 12 pounds,'' Hambrick said. ``I want to get down to 250. I'm about 260 now and I feel it. I'm working with the strength coach now. It's a work in progress, but I love to eat.''

Smith said he harbors no bad feelings toward Hambrick.

``That's all water under the bridge to me,'' Smith said. ``He had his opportunity to do what he needed to do. I don't think it had anything to do with me personally. He wanted to play. I understand that. He just handled it in a very immature way, which he's recognized.''

Still, Smith obviously gets a kick out of finding the two of them in the same roles.

``It is funny,'' he said with a chuckle. ``It is funny.''