Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-23-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Magic Sign Donnell Harvey

Orlando Magic sign Donnell Harvey

September 23, 2003

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Free agent forward Donnell Harvey signed with the Orlando Magic on Tuesday.

The 6-foot-8, 220-pound Harvey played in 77 games with Denver last season, averaging 7.9 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists -- all career bests.

Originally selected 22nd overall in the 2000 draft by New York, Harvey played in 142 games with Dallas and Denver, averaging 6.4 points and 4.6 rebounds.

Harvey played one season at Florida, helping the Gators reach the NCAA title game in 2000.

Old 09-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I sure do like Harvey's game. I wish him well. I was hoping the Nuggets would resign him.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Magic Sign Donnell Harvey

... still waiting for Harvey to show his potential. What is it, his fourth year now?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Harvey's problem is, he's too limited offensively and too much of a tweener body type to start for anybody. I doubt he gets heavy minutes in Orlando behind a starting frontcourt tandem of Howard and Gooden, but for his sake I hope I'm wrong.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:43 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Totally agree KG. Although I think that Harvey could learn to plan the 3 really well on the defensive side. His lack of offensive would kill his team when they had the ball. I really love his athletism, but he really needs some offensive skills to compliment it or he's going to be a bench ornament at best.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Good grief madape. Do you not realize that Harvey wouldn't have graduated from Florida until THIS YEAR? People would be drooling to draft this kid had he remained in college. The guy is still developing and is the age equivalent of most rookies. He will be fine.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Wasn't harvey just a freshman or a sophmore when he was drafted by the mavericks. I don't know how this helps him to sit on the bench but oh well.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:15 PM   #8
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Orlando needed another big guy, I think he'll get some minutes there... good luck to the Ex-Mav
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #9
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

agree with drbio here.....harvey still is so young.
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:38 AM   #10
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Magic Sign Donnell Harvey

I agree with ItalianMobb, who agress with Drbio on this one.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:32 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Those who like Harvey may want to read this thread.