Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2002, 10:44 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

What are the odds of a trade by the end of the day?

I say it is even money. 1:1.

But I may be wrong, I sure was on draft night.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2002, 10:47 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Nah, I don't think we'll see anything from the Mavs.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Dallas J

Dallas J is on a distinguished road

I think we see a minor deal. I think we bring in a Kevin Willis type player. An aging vet who rebounds and gives us some size and bulk.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:13 AM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

One Charles Oakley, please.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:34 AM   #5
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

Whether or not we do the New York deal, or even the 2Nd Chicago deal I proposed a couple of days ago, here are two trades I would do today:

1) I would also call Utah and see if we can trade Bradley + change (to make cap work) for Ostertag. He gives us size and I think Tag has a lot to prove. His salary is high, but only 2 years left on his contract.

2) I would also bring in Willis. I know Fish reports he may be out of gas, but he is a warrior. Willis' contract is also up after this year. Limit his minutes until playoffs, letting Ostertag and Double E bang for the next few weeks. That would give us 3 in the center not afraid to mix it up and hard to push around. Still not a solution to Shaq, but nothing is.

However, if we still have Howard, these two deals make Howard more effective as well as Dirk. Neither have to play out of position. And that allows Howard + DOuble E/Willis/Tag double Shaq. One of the centers guards Shaq and Howard collapses down on him, forcing the ball back out (we'd hope!).
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:43 AM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think the Denver-Chicago-Dallas deal has a pretty good chance at happening. Apparently the rumors are flying that Kiki and Nelson have pieced together a three team trade that would send Bradley and Harvey to Denver in exchange for LaFrenz. Somehow the Bulls and Marcus Fizer is involved (Fizer sat out last nights game with "the flu&quot. I don't know the details, but it seems like it could very well happen today.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Realgm is acting kind of funny, but I think this trade will work.

Dallas sends
Bradley to Denver
Harvey to Denver
Najera to Chicago

Denver sends
LaFrenz to Dallas
VanExel to Chicago

Chicago sends
Eddie Robinson to Denver
Marcus Fizer to Dallas
Greg Anthony to Dallas

I've heard all of these guys names in rumors lately. But I'm not sure that Chicago would do this deal. If realgm was working, I could play with it a little more. It seems very lopsided in favor of the Mavs.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:31 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Bradley/Howard for LaFrentz...

How do the $$ begin to work out?

Plus, weak as his game is, do the Mavs really want to face Bradley four times a year with a division rival? It's a minor issue with Bradley (probably--nothing seems to motivate him), but teams usually shy away from trading with division rivals. Calvin Booth, whom the Mavs wanted, laced up his shoes to drop 25 points against the Mavs, which is about half of his scoring output for the year. Playing against former teams is a funny thing sometimes...

I've thought of an Ostertag acquisition, but he doesn't appear to have much more game than Bradley, and his attitude may be worse.

Madape, deal below....? Chicago is who gets screwed. Tough a SOB as Krause is, he's not gonna take it twice on consecutive days like that.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:42 PM   #9
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

MA,
I would jump all over that trade! Raef and Fizer would be great here.

BLG
Old 02-21-2002, 12:43 PM   #10
mick

Madape,

espn.com says that LaFraentz will NOT be traded, which just means that you are probably right on! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:49 PM   #11
mick

>>I've thought of an Ostertag acquisition, but he doesn't appear to have much more game than Bradley, and his attitude may be worse. <<

His attitiude is why he might be available. As far as I'm concerned, you can say Bradley has an attitude problem as well. Ostertag's bulk is what makes it interesting for me, plus removing Bradley's long term contract for 2 years of Tag.

However, I much rather have the deal Madape is discussing, and I would take back any bad thing I've said about Cuban the last 2 days if he pulls it off.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:16 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

<< As far as I'm concerned, you can say Bradley has an attitude problem as well >>

I agree, Mick. But Ostertag seems to be more frustrated than Bradley, and maybe surlier too. I'm not sure if Nellie would react to Ostertag one bit better than Sloan has, or one bit better than he (Nellie) has done with Bradley.

Over the last couple of months, the idea of a Brad Miller/Ostertag/Sabonis center platoon had occurred to me though--three guys with proven track records of getting inside Shaq's head. Pull Oakley into the mix, and toe or no, Mavs could make things interesting against the Lakers.

Pure fantasy now though.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:46 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember, trades involving frustrated, bad attitude players often end up benefiting both teams.
I still look for the MAVS to ship off Howard...possibly for Camby. Stay tuned.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 02:01 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

Here's a monster fantasy trade posted by Gary Adornado (db.com)

New York receives Van Exel from Denver, and Howard, Manning and Buckner from Dallas.

Denver receives Sprewell, Knight and a first from NY, Bradley and Harvey from Dallas.

Dallas receives Camby, Anderson and Ward from NY, and LaFrentz and Tariq Abdul-Wahad from Den.

I think this trade will work, and it makes sense for all those involved.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:34 PM   #15
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

That´s indeed a monster trade

New Mavs lineup would look like this:

LaFrentz, Camby, Eschmeyer, Wang
Dirk
Finley, Anderson, Newman
Abdul-Wahad, Griffin
Nash, Hardaway, Ward, Bell

not too balanced, but well, loads of firepower, and we could still sign a Polynice or someone to bolster up

and camby won´t have to carry too much of a load, so we could expect him not to get injured too often

very interesting
Old 02-21-2002, 03:06 PM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

that would be amazing...

starting lineup of nash, fin, dirk, camby, lafrentz...

nice. i'm not a big fan of abdul-wahad, but i'd take him on to get this deal done.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:10 PM   #17
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Boy I would love that, but i think the Mavs would have to sweeten the pot a little bit. Maybe a first rounder, hey with that lineup it wouldn't be any better than a 25

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 03:12 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

That is a huge rumor...but huge rumors never seem to happen. Too many worries on all three teams part (Fan perception, health, etc). Tough to get those kinds of trades through.

Doc
Old 02-21-2002, 07:06 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

As for the original question...100%

Awesome..just plain awesome!