Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #41
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Actually, you did word it "so harshly". You said, "If you are dumb and backwards, you certainly vote Republican." That was lacking a measure of grace and decorum, I guess.

And factually, you are wrong about uneducated (or undereducated) people. According to the latest polling data from IBD/TIPP, 49% of people with only a high school education say they intend to vote for Obama, as opposed to 40% for McCain.
Well, SLAP ME AROUND AND TELL ME NOT TO CUSS ANY MORE. If 49% of educated folks are voting McCain, I guess I better jump on that bandwagon.

Whoa, wait a minute. Was that folks with a high-school diploma, or folks with *only* a high-school diploma?

If it's only the high-school diploma, eff em. I'll vote for Obama, like everybody else.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-27-2008 at 12:30 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #42
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Well, ****. If 49% of educated folks are voting McCain, I guess I better jump on that bandwagon.

Whoa, wait a minute. Was that folks with a high-school diploma, or folks with *only* a high-school diploma?

If it's only the high-school diploma, eff em. I'll vote for Obama, like everybody else.
http://www.ibdeditorials.com/Polls.a...09894450977173

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-27-2008 at 12:30 AM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, if he's drawing the only-high-school-education vote, I'll pass.

Give me the guy that educated folks prefer.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 PM   #44
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

That was terrible.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #45
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You're backpedaling. A minute ago it was, "You have to be dumb/uneducated to vote Republican."

But hey, rationalize it whatever way you want.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #46
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
You're backpedaling. A minute ago it was, "You have to be dumb/uneducated to vote Republican."

But hey, rationalize it whatever way you want.
Backpedaling? Shove that up your ass. Being uneducated is definitely a key to voting Republican. I won't ever pedal back from that.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #47
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
According to the latest polling data from IBD/TIPP, 49% of people with only a high school education say they intend to vote for Obama, as opposed to 40% for McCain.
That's not really much of a shocker. McCain seems to be struggling in every poll I see, regardless of the demographics of the poll - educated, uneducated, rich, poor, black, white, purple, you name it...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #48
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Backpedaling? Shove that up your ass. Being uneducated is definitely a key to voting Republican. I won't ever pedal back from that.
Following after your idol, Joe Biden. If the facts don't fit your agenda, just make up new ones.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #49
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What about all the inner city poor that are voting Democrat for the bigger hand out? I mean if you're going to generalize and stereotype let's do it equally for both sides.

I look forward to the next Republican favored election when you'll flip back to the right.
I'll have what he's having.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #50
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Following after your idol, Joe Biden. If the facts don't fit your agenda, just make up new ones.
I have no idea what you are getting at here.

This is really disappointing, KG. I know it's a forum and you can say whatever OOPS I CUSSED-all stupid thing you want to say, but we have a tradition here and you are making a mockery of it.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-27-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #51
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

almost basketball season how bout we all take a deep breath and think about dirk okay
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #52
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
almost basketball season how bout we all take a deep breath and think about dirk okay
Yeah, probably a good idea.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #53
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I have a B.S. in Computer Science and I'm not voting Democrat.

I loved that asinine assertion that educated people only vote Democrat.

I guess if I had an awesome degree in history, political science, english, sociology, liberal arts, or underwater community organizing, I might vote democrat.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-27-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Whoops, underwater basket weaving, not underwater community organizing.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #54
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I think he'd vote for Ron Paul...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #55
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

This is really disappointing, KG. I know it's a forum and you can say whatever OOPS I CUSSED-all stupid thing you want to say, but we have a tradition here and you are making a mockery of it.
I beg to differ. I'm reading what you're typing, and responding. You contradicted yourself, and I pointed it out. Frankly, I don't know why you're getting so upset other than to attribute it to the generally tense atmosphere in the Political Arena at the moment.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #56
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I guess if I had an awesome degree in history, political science, english, sociology, liberal arts, or underwater community organizing...
dude, sign me up for that. That sounds sweet.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #57
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
where do you get your data?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #58
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
I beg to differ. I'm reading what you're typing, and responding. You contradicted yourself, and I pointed it out. Frankly, I don't know why you're getting so upset other than to attribute it to the generally tense atmosphere in the Political Arena at the moment.
Don't sweat it. I undressed you, with the ridiculous argument you were trying to make about Biden. It was pretty effortless, so if you want to do it again it won't be any problem.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #59
fluid.forty.one

GO MAVS!!! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* GO MAVS!!! *CLAP CLAP CLAP*
Old 10-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #60
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
I'm sure people are going to vote for Obama because they'd prefer a greater tax break, but that isn't what you said. You made the generalization that individuals from urban areas vote for Democrats because they want handouts. And all I was saying was that I've never seen any statistical evidence showing that trend.

I've seen data that shows a huge bloc of African-Americans and even a significant percentage of Latinos favoring Democrats since the civil rights movement of the 1960's and the separation of the Dixiecrats from the modern Democratic party, but that trend corresponds to both affluent and less affluent voters, so it doesn't really apply to your "inner-city" theory. It's more of a sign of racial identification, rather than class identification.
Thanks for that post, because if I had did it they would have accused me of race baiting. Our boardhas become exactly what we see in the media. I have seen the worst in several posters here. It is sad, then to think there are a couple of posters who claim there is not anything racist said on this message board. If you point it out, they say you race bait. If you fight back, they call you the village idiot. Next, we will see the spin to say that post was not borderline racist. I was wondering if we would see another co-signer to agree with his post, and you guessed it, we got it from another I have called racist.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-27-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #61
Burn this City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Thanks for that post, because if I had did it they would have accused me of race baiting. Our boardhas become exactly what we see in the media. I have seen the worst in several posters here. It is sad, then to think there are a couple of posters who claim there is not anything racist said on this message board. If you point it out, they say you race bait. If you fight back, they call you the village idiot. Next, we will see the spin to say that post was not borderline racist.
It just bothers me when people make the assumption that poor people just want handouts. Greedy people want handouts - whether they're rich, poor, or middle class, it doesn't matter...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #62
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
It just bothers me when people make the assumption that poor people just want handouts. Greedy people want handouts - whether they're rich, poor, or middle class, it doesn't matter...
I agree 100%, I will take a hand-out in a minute if you give it to me. I will also seek out hook-ups on big ticket items I want as well. So, I consider that a hand-out as well. LOL

Another example of rich and greedy people wanting hand-outs is to support the McCain tax cuts. Prime example of what you said. It is just a shame that we have posters here who have sunken so low since Obama won the Democrat ticket.. Sad, sad, sad.

Oh, lets be careful now, because something will tell us we owe them an explanation for our statement.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #63
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chumdawg again.

I guess some people can pick and choose which broken rules will be edited? I guess calling someone a "Village Idiot" by a moderator is ok?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #64
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Backpedaling? Shove that up your ass. Being uneducated is definitely a key to voting Republican. I won't ever pedal back from that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
just bumping this request before it gets buried under an avalanche of name calling.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I guess if I had an awesome degree in history, political science, english, sociology, liberal arts, or underwater community organizing, I might vote democrat.
Is that going to be a hot political topic in 2012?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #66
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:

If you believe college degree = educated...then you can take this educated vote to McCain.

Last edited by 92bDad; 10-27-2008 at 11:06 AM.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #67
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Thanks for that post, because if I had did it they would have accused me of race baiting. Our boardhas become exactly what we see in the media. I have seen the worst in several posters here. It is sad, then to think there are a couple of posters who claim there is not anything racist said on this message board. If you point it out, they say you race bait. If you fight back, they call you the village idiot. Next, we will see the spin to say that post was not borderline racist. I was wondering if we would see another co-signer to agree with his post, and you guessed it, we got it from another I have called racist.

Silk, perhaps we can come to a truce.

Let's agree to not discuss ANYTHING that has the Race as it refers to ones cultural heritage ever again.

I am certain that neither you nor I are racist. However for some reasons the words you and I use to communicate on this discussion board are easily perceived as racist.

I am certain you and I can both agree that there is no one race that is superior to another. I am certain that you and I can both agree that there are people in all races who are racist towards others. I am certain we can agree that these individuals do not represent that race in any way, they are simply portraying their own ignorance of the human race.

We can agree that we disagree in regards to which politicians we support based on the individual views of the specific candidates. Both of us show our ignorance when we point to race as an issue. After all both tickets have more than enough differences in issues to provide adequate discussion points as to why we support one over the other without having to pull the race card.

If a McCain supporter pulls out the race card then their is a major weakness in the reasons to support McCain.

If an Obama supporter pulls out the race card then their is a major weakness in the reasons to support Obama.

Truth be known...I would love to see them all fired and start a new round with new candidates. But that is yet another topic for another day.

So what do you say...can we agree to not bring up or respond to any 'Race' discussions on this board, but rather stick to issues that are genuine to the campaign and direction of America?

By the way, there is no special code, no hidden agenda, no secret words to represent some conspiracy to manipulate a race discussion. I'm from the school that a word mean what it means, I don't use secondary meanings to words when in a genuine discussion...so any perception that what I write means something else, is flat out wrong.

So again, can you and I lead the way on this board and NOT discuss the race topic? I'm reaching across the aisle, to you, one who claims to have supported Republicans in the past...so you and I, who disagree on many things...but I'm willing to bet agree on much more...I'm reaching across the aisle to you...can we be united as Americans, regardless of who we vote for?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #68
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
If you college degree = educated...then you can talk this educated vote to McCain.
Spokken liek a ture collige grajuate...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #69
92bDad
Platinum Member

How can a Mavericks fan not vote for a Maverick?

McCain dunks with an assist from Palin!!!

Obama the Bryant of the political world = OVERRATED!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #70
Underdog

Quote:
How can a Mavericks fan not vote for a Maverick?

McCain dunks with an assist from Palin!!!

Obama the Bryant of the political world = OVERRATED!!!
Ummmm... I just want to clarify the analogy you just made:

McCain = 1st-round losers Dallas Mavericks

Obama = NBA MVP Kobe Bryant

What exactly are you trying to say???

(because I think the Republican Party would appreciate if you stopped trying to help...)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-27-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #71
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post

just bumping this request before it gets buried under an avalanche of name calling.
Good luck getting a response!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #72
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the polls, I suppose there's alot more gays in America than I ever could have imagined..

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-27-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #73
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Looking at the polls, I suppose there's alot more gays in America than I ever could have imagined..
Um, doesn't looking at "polls" make you kinda gay too?

(had to force a middle school joke into this thread...)

Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #74
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

wrong kind of 'poll'.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #75
Underdog

Quote:
wrong kind of 'poll'.
Are you calling me an Obama-supporter for thinking of that kind of "poll" first???

Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Are you calling me an Obama-supporter for thinking of that kind of "poll" first???

If the assless chaps fit....
Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #77
Underdog

Quote:
If the assless chaps fit....
YEEEEEE-HAAAWWW!!!!

(seriously - we need to get the rep fixed around here!)

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #78
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ummmm... I just want to clarify the analogy you just made:

McCain = 1st-round losers Dallas Mavericks

Obama = NBA MVP Kobe Bryant

What exactly are you trying to say???

(because I think the Republican Party would appreciate if you stopped trying to help...)

Yes Kobe Bryant the most overrated player in NBA History!!! Lifted up thanks to a rigged league...need I go any further...oh ya, also a RAPIST!!!

C'mon...the Maverick reference...do I need to restate something so obvious.

Lighten the Faulk Up!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #79
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:

(just bumping in a losing effort to stay a few posts ahead of middle school)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #80
Underdog

Quote:
Yes Kobe Bryant the most overrated player in NBA History!!! Lifted up thanks to a rigged league...
I hate Kobe too, but he's far from being "the most overrated player in NBA History", nor does he need the league's help in his success - the guy is a baller...

You know as little about basketball as you do politics...

Tags
fluffy banter, horrible thread