Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #561
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give it a go.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #562
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'll jump back in.
It's still with ESPN. If I remember correctly, you hated that interface.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #563
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll jump back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
I'll give it a go.

Before you guys jump in, I should explain that our league is far from standard...

We're looking for people with previous keeper/auction experience who would be interested in dedicating 5+ years to this league. We’re tired of having to find 1 or 2 replacement owners every season, so we would like to add people who can make a long-term commitment (life willing, of course). This is the primary league for most of us, so we want folks who are going to put forth a solid effort and won’t tank if the going gets rough (it’s a keeper league, so there will be plenty of opportunities to bounce back in the future..)

We've rebooted the league, so there aren't any keepers coming into this season... Here are the details:

12 teams, 2 divisions, 3 teams per division make the playoffs (division winners get a first round bye) – seeding based on division records instead of ESPN’s standard league-wide rankings… 13-week regular season, 3-week playoffs, 1 week per round (season ends in Week 16).

Auction Draft (standard online auction, $200 budget) – Sunday, September 2nd @ 4:00pm ET (no autodrafting allowed!)
Waiver Auctions (silent auction held daily, $100 budget for the season)

Keepers - you can keep up to 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 other player at ANY position, for a total of up to 6 keepers. The cost per keeper is the same amount that you won them for in the draft or off the waiver wire. Players can be kept twice for a total of 3 seasons at the same cost, which will be subtracted from the $200 budget before the draft starts. Any traded player can be kept by the new owner without penalty until Year Three, then there’s an increase of 50% between the previous keeper amount and ESPN's projected value in Year Four and Year Five, but no player can be kept more than twice per team. All players must be sent back into the auction pool after Year Five, regardless of whether they're traded again... Also, dropping a player to the waiver wire at the end of the season and attempting to win them back because you have more of a waiver budget left than anyone else does NOT circumvent the keeper rules. Same goes for trade-backs.

PPR (1 point), start 3 WRs, bonus scoring for passing, catching, rushing (per-play/per-game) and D/ST bonuses. Offensive player utility (QB/RB/WR/TE) instead of the standard flex position. 1 IR slot for injured players.

Trade limit: 6 total transactions (not players) per season – no penalty for sending multiple players or making multiple-team trades.

League settings: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagues...leagueId=48316

PM me your email address if you're still interested...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-06-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #564
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of what Underdog just posted is jibberish.
The league is different because everyone got butthurt because I won back-to-back championships.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #565
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
A lot of what Underdog just posted is jibberish.
The league is different because everyone got butthurt because I won back-to-back championships.
Already talking smack...

Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #566
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Already talking smack...
For over a year. I talked the talk and walked the walk. You let someone sneak into the playoffs as the last seed and you might end up allowing a nice championship run to get started.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #567
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I had no idea things were so complicated. I'm up for the challenge...IF there is a considerable incentive. How much are we playing for? I'd imagine a lot of guys would not put in the thought/effort required in such a league if they didn't have some skin in the game.

I realize that pride (and the right to talk smack, as we see!) is something of an incentive in itself. Not sure it's enough for me, though. Tell me who here is already in this league.

Keeper leagues are new to me...but wow, you guys keep a lot of players! I thought it was usually just two or three. Also, how do keepers affect your draft? Are they, in effect, your first selections?

And yes, BG, you have a good memory. I did very much dislike that ESPN interface. Maybe it has improved, though. Or if not, I can get over it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #568
Underdog

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea things were so complicated. I'm up for the challenge...IF there is a considerable incentive. How much are we playing for? I'd imagine a lot of guys would not put in the thought/effort required in such a league if they didn't have some skin in the game.

I realize that pride (and the right to talk smack, as we see!) is something of an incentive in itself. Not sure it's enough for me, though. Tell me who here is already in this league.

Keeper leagues are new to me...but wow, you guys keep a lot of players! I thought it was usually just two or three. Also, how do keepers affect your draft? Are they, in effect, your first selections?

And yes, BG, you have a good memory. I did very much dislike that ESPN interface. Maybe it has improved, though. Or if not, I can get over it.
Free league - the only incentive right now is to smack BG in the mouth as hard as you can... I might add some more incentives, but nothing monetary.

As for who is in the league - DirkFTW and L-Dub recently dropped out, but me, BG, Fintastic, Ribosoma and Left Texas are still there, along with a couple other folks who don't post here.

Our league is something of a "semi-dynasty" league - we just rebooted because of a massive overhaul in the rules, so no keepers this first season... And it's an auction, so there isn't a draft order - just an order in which you nominate players (that everyone can bid on at the same time), highest bid wins... When we finally get around to keeping players next year, each keeper will cost the same amount that you win them for in this season's draft, which is subtracted from your $200 auction budget. I'd suggest spending A LOT of time on the ESPN mock auctions between now and the draft so that you don't completely 'eff yourself... Auctions can be tricky, especially since we don't use standard scoring (so none of the cheat sheets or fantasy gurus can save your ass!)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-06-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #569
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

For people not in such a complicated league...how you feeling about your team? I was #6 in a 10-team league, and my first six picks were Megatron, Trent Richardson, Demarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, Percy Harvin, and Aaron Hernandez. Not sure how I feel about it. Love having Mega, hate the question marks at RB. Love the value in getting Hernandez that low. Hate having to settle on Peyton Manning as my QB three rounds later (Romo and Ryan were sharked before me).

How are you guys doing?

Last edited by chumdawg; 08-28-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #570
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Outside league, too.

Drafted 6th out of 12 teams, all guys with pretty extensive knowledge of the NFL and fantasy football experience. First 10 picks as follows:

LeSean McCoy, Steven Jackson, Greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, Antonio Gates, Michael Vick, Justin Blackmon, Cedric Benson, Baltimore D/ST

Simply elated McCoy fell to me at 6. Jennings in the 3rd is a good get, too. Pissed Matt Ryan was suggested as an "auto-pick" for someone not showing to the live draft. Vick and another QB were rated higher at the time of the pick. Here's to hoping for health...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #571
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

By the way, you guys seem into it enough. Who are your sleepers for this year?

I've got Cedric Benson pegged as the best since he will end up starting for GB and you can consistently get him late. Same with Blackmon, I think he will produce for where you can grab him. Percy Harvin continues to get no respect among these fantasy football "experts" but the guy led the league in receptions in the last 7 games when Ponder took over. Not to mention the carries, and the fact Minnesota will most likely be having to play catch-up most games. Also, I got Rashard Mendenhall in the 15th round. He will most likely a keeper (we have different rules than above) and may even contribute around the halfway mark.

Last edited by saclare; 08-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #572
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

As UD mentioned, I had to drop out of the d-m league. I've cut my fantasy football down to just one league with RL friends (we're going on 11 years of this league with pretty much the same members), simply due to time constraints and not wanting to disrespect folks by half-assedly participating in leagues.

In that one league, I managed to get McCoy, Megatron, MJD, and Welker with my first four picks. So I'm quite happy with that. We're a QB-heavy league, though, so hopefully Peyton has a decent year. His last preseason game was stellar (and he took that hugeeee hit), so hopefully he's ready to go.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #573
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
In that one league, I managed to get McCoy, Megatron, MJD, and Welker with my first four picks. So I'm quite happy with that. We're a QB-heavy league, though, so hopefully Peyton has a decent year. His last preseason game was stellar (and he took that hugeeee hit), so hopefully he's ready to go.
Peyton looks like he'll be okay, but I have no real idea how he's going to manage. The division he's in is pretty wide open, but he's going to be outdoors for a majority of the season and he's not really the same guy when he was with the Colts and had to play outdoors. I don't think he's in the middle of the pack with his value, but I find it hard to believe he moves back into elite status.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-28-2012 at 11:01 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #574
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I obviously conceded having an elite QB by not drafting one in the first six rounds in a QB-heavy league. I just need him to be good, not great. With the rest of my roster, I'll be fine if he doesn't suck.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #575
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Well, I obviously conceded having an elite QB by not drafting one in the first six rounds in a QB-heavy league. I just need him to be good, not great. With the rest of my roster, I'll be fine if he doesn't suck.
If you're just looking for him to be fine, you should be good. I can buy him as a top 10 QB, but I definitely would steer clear if you suggested top 5. You've got a pretty intriguing set of characters out of the ones you listed. Who filled out the rest of your roster?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #576
LonghornDub

Quote:
If you're just looking for him to be fine, you should be good. I can buy him as a top 10 QB, but I definitely would steer clear if you suggested top 5. You've got a pretty intriguing set of characters out of the ones you listed. Who filled out the rest of your roster?
Colston, Maclin, McGahee, Bowe, Gonzalez, Celek, Wayne, Flacco

Old 08-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #577
saclare
Platinum Member

That's a pretty sweet team if you ask me...

Just got offered this trade proposal, need opinions:

Chris Johnson and Fred Davis for Antonio Gates

I have Gates, and in this scenario would receive CJ and Davis. My current RBs are McCoy, Jackson, Kevin Smith, Benson and Mendenhall.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #578
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
That's a pretty sweet team if you ask me...

Just got offered this trade proposal, need opinions:

Chris Johnson and Fred Davis for Antonio Gates

I have Gates, and in this scenario would receive CJ and Davis. My current RBs are McCoy, Jackson, Kevin Smith, Benson and Mendenhall.
I know people are expecting a huge year out of Gates, but I'd be very, very hard pressed not to take that offer. You are talking about *the* Chris Johnson, right? I expect him to bounce back this year. And Fred Davis certainly won't get you beat.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #579
saclare
Platinum Member

Well I was leaning towards doing it but it looks like he was wheeling and dealing as a trade was accepted with Chris Johnson (yes, RB for Titans) as a piece.

I would have been happy either way with that one, so on we go.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #580
LonghornDub

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. The dropoff from Gates to Davis is well worth adding a quality RB who can play over everybody on your list except McCoy.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #581
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
By the way, you guys seem into it enough. Who are your sleepers for this year?
I'm not sure how deep a sleeper you are talking about. I agree with you about Ced Benson, but I don't consider him very deep a sleeper. I like Titus Young to break out this year. I'd keep my eye on Pead, the backup to Jackson in St Louis. I am high on the TE Cook, though the position is so deep this year that I don't think it will matter much. Not really a sleeper at all, but I think I like Aaron Hernandez to outscore Gronk in NE. I think Greg Little has a chance to be a contributor. It wouldn't surprise me if Antonio Brown becomes a top-ten WR. I think BMarsh will be top five. Just some assorted thoughts, off the top of my head.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #582
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Colston, Maclin, McGahee, Bowe, Gonzalez, Celek, Wayne, Flacco
I dig your roster. I'm REALLY interested to see how Welker does this year. The writing on the wall in NE is that they easily could be phasing him out and work Lloyd and Hernandez in the mix more. Wes is essentially in a contract year, so that'll be interesting.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #583
chumdawg
Guru

LD...ten-team league, right? Pretty impressive that you guys have been at it for so long. You must have been in junior high or so when you got started. Are you sweating MJD? No way I would have drafted him...didn't want that headache. What settings make your league QB-heavy?

I, too, cut way down on my fantasy play. I was going to play only the one, but I went ahead and joined a buddy with one other. Now I find out it's a 14-team league. Geez, what a beating. We're getting ready to draft, at 10pm tonight. 14 players on a roster, so 196 total. The last few rounds will be very interesting. I will certainly be drafting Danny Amendola!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #584
chumdawg
Guru

Wow, that draft was a trip. Decided to depart from the BPA available approach and take some chances. At 12 I took DeMarco Murray. (Jimmy Graham was the only other reasonable pick, but I didn't like it.) At 17 I defied the pundits and took Brandon Marshall, leaving a lot of good players on the table. Rounded out the draft as follows:

3 - Aaron Hernandez
4 - Tony Romo (six points per TD, only -1 for picks)
5 - DeSean Jackson
6 - Donald Brown
7 - David Wilson
8 - Titus Young
9 - Jacob Tamme
10 - Michael Crabtree
11 - Daniel Thomas
12 - Isaiah Pead
13 - SEA
14 - Greg Zuerlein

Title defense is in full effect. Only disappointment is not being able to fit Amendola on the roster.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #585
saclare
Platinum Member

Just had this draft the other night. 14 team league with standard scoring ad I picked 7th.

Drew Brees
DeMarco Murray
Ryan Mathews
Percy Harvin
Steve Johnson
Cedric Benson
Titus Young
Tony Gonzalez
David Wilson
Danny Amendola
Seahawks D/ST
Ryan Williams
Coby Fleener
Jason Hanson
Deion Branch
Jahvid Best

A lot of risk on this team but that's why we play the game.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #586
LonghornDub

Quote:
LD...ten-team league, right? Pretty impressive that you guys have been at it for so long. You must have been in junior high or so when you got started. Are you sweating MJD? No way I would have drafted him...didn't want that headache. What settings make your league QB-heavy?

I, too, cut way down on my fantasy play. I was going to play only the one, but I went ahead and joined a buddy with one other. Now I find out it's a 14-team league. Geez, what a beating. We're getting ready to draft, at 10pm tonight. 14 players on a roster, so 196 total. The last few rounds will be very interesting. I will certainly be drafting Danny Amendola!
Yes, 10 teams. Buncha old friends.

MJD was a great value for where I got him, I think. I want to say 5th or 6th round. He was the most talented player on the board at that point. It'll be a pain the first few weeks, but I'm hoping he'll be rolling by the time I need him, which is the playoffs. I'm not very concerned about making it in. Until then, I have McGahee to fill in as necessary. I think he's gonna have a nice year.

QB-wise, we do .1 points per completion in addition to the full 6 points for passing TDs. We're also 1 point per 35 yards passing--I actually don't know how that compares to standard league settings, though.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-31-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #587
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wow, that draft was a trip. Decided to depart from the BPA available approach and take some chances. At 12 I took DeMarco Murray. (Jimmy Graham was the only other reasonable pick, but I didn't like it.) At 17 I defied the pundits and took Brandon Marshall, leaving a lot of good players on the table. Rounded out the draft as follows:

3 - Aaron Hernandez
4 - Tony Romo (six points per TD, only -1 for picks)
5 - DeSean Jackson
6 - Donald Brown
7 - David Wilson
8 - Titus Young
9 - Jacob Tamme
10 - Michael Crabtree
11 - Daniel Thomas
12 - Isaiah Pead
13 - SEA
14 - Greg Zuerlein

Title defense is in full effect. Only disappointment is not being able to fit Amendola on the roster.
I hope for you and me both (and the Cowboys) that DeMarco has an incredible season.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #588
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yes, 10 teams. Buncha old friends.

MJD was a great value for where I got him, I think. I want to say 5th or 6th round. He was the most talented player on the board at that point. It'll be a pain the first few weeks, but I'm hoping he'll be rolling by the time I need him, which is the playoffs. I'm not very concerned about making it in. Until then, I have McGahee to fill in as necessary. I think he's gonna have a nice year.

QB-wise, we do .1 points per completion in addition to the full 6 points for passing TDs. We're also 1 point per 35 yards passing--I actually don't know how that compares to standard league settings, though.
Getting MJD in the 5th is crazy good value. I would have taken him there for sure. I'd have probably taken him in the 3rd...definitely the 4th.

Pretty sure standard settings are one point per 25 yards passing. Lessens your league's emphasis on QB stats, but not in a big way. That's interesting, the .1 per completion. I can't imagine it makes too much of a difference. It makes ten completions the same as ten yards rushing. I guess it all adds up, though.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #589
LonghornDub

Quote:
Getting MJD in the 5th is crazy good value. I would have taken him there for sure. I'd have probably taken him in the 3rd...definitely the 4th.

People were scared of drafting him for the same reasons you are, but I think they took it a little too far letting him drop like that.

Quote:
Pretty sure standard settings are one point per 25 yards passing. Lessens your league's emphasis on QB stats, but not in a big way. That's interesting, the .1 per completion. I can't imagine it makes too much of a difference. It makes ten completions the same as ten yards rushing. I guess it all adds up, though.
It's been making more a difference the past few years, as a few teams have gone to offenses that consistently throw the ball 40-45 times a game. For those QBs, you're looking at an extra 2-3 points per game, which has been the margin of victory many, many times each year in our league.

But maybe the league isn't quite as QB heavy as I've though, given that standard scoring is 25 yards. I thought it was 40, for some reason.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #590
saclare
Platinum Member

MJD has reported and expected to be the team's 3rd down back for the opener, most likely start week 2. I'd say tremendous value for where you got him.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #591
BGMaverick9
Guru

Despite the crazy cluster f for the first go round, the draft on Sunday was fun. Should be an interesting league.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #592
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone want to do this pick 'em league?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ster/joingroup

League ID 62271
password is "stars"
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #593
BGMaverick9
Guru

I joined a league at the last minute with some buddies on Thursday. It confirmed my strong thought that snake leagues are a joke. Auction leagues FTW
Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #594
chumdawg
Guru

1/2 point per reception. Flex Jamaal Charles or Antonio Brown?
Old 10-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #595
LonghornDub

So I have a ton of good RBs and WRs on my roster (far more than I can play each week), but no defense. I'm thinking about trading either Ridley or McGahee (who have both been on my bench every week) for the Arizona defense. Normally, I'd never trade a skill player for a defense, but because I'm so stacked at those positions I'm considering it.

1) Would you all make that deal? My starting RBs are MJD and LeSean McCoy. I only have to play 2.

2) If you'd do the deal, would you sooner part with McGahee or Ridley?

Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #596
chumdawg
Guru

You don't have a flex position? So it's two backs at both a max and a min?

Myself, I would either keep the depth or package a back with another skill player of mine and try to upgrade by trading two-for-one.

I typically stream defenses, particularly late in the season, but I do like the looks of ARI. I have both ARI and SEA in one league, and SEA in the other. What kind of teams are on your waiver wire?

If I did decide to swing the deal, I'd probably do it with Ridley, just because I'm not sold he'll be a high usage guy week in and week out. However, I haven't paid a lot of attention to McGahee, so take that with a grain of salt.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #597
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
So I have a ton of good RBs and WRs on my roster (far more than I can play each week), but no defense. I'm thinking about trading either Ridley or McGahee (who have both been on my bench every week) for the Arizona defense. Normally, I'd never trade a skill player for a defense, but because I'm so stacked at those positions I'm considering it.

1) Would you all make that deal? My starting RBs are MJD and LeSean McCoy. I only have to play 2.

2) If you'd do the deal, would you sooner part with McGahee or Ridley?
Ridley really falls out of line when they decide to F it and let Brady sling it. They're still working out the kinks of finding the perfect balance on the run and the pass. Ridley makes things easier for Brady and the receivers, but Brady hasn't gotten in a groove. Despite having a potential goal line vulture in the mix, he's not that big of a threat inside the 10 because of Gronk, Hernandez and the rest. I'd rather keep him over McGahee.

That being said, I'd see if you could dish out a WR or something to give yourself some injury insurance.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #598
LonghornDub

Quote:
You don't have a flex position? So it's two backs at both a max and a min?

Myself, I would either keep the depth or package a back with another skill player of mine and try to upgrade by trading two-for-one.

I typically stream defenses, particularly late in the season, but I do like the looks of ARI. I have both ARI and SEA in one league, and SEA in the other. What kind of teams are on your waiver wire?

If I did decide to swing the deal, I'd probably do it with Ridley, just because I'm not sold he'll be a high usage guy week in and week out. However, I haven't paid a lot of attention to McGahee, so take that with a grain of salt.
We do have a flex, but I'm really stacked and we're PPR so I end up playing a WR in my flex most weeks. I may consider changing that philosophy at some point though. If I do, RB depth would be nice. And it's just nice generally since RBs get pounded and hurt all the time.

I like to stream defenses as well. In past years this has worked brilliantly, but this year pretty much everybody is keeping 2 defenses (and switching them per matchups). This has left very little in the available pool. I could pick up SD or the Revis-less Jets. After that, pretty slim pickings....

Quote:
That being said, I'd see if you could dish out a WR or something to give yourself some injury insurance.
Unfortunately, I tried this (several times) and my trade partner balked. He wants an RB, also for depth. But I'm not sure I can justify giving up my own depth for a defense.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #599
LonghornDub

New wrinkle--I can trade Jeremy Maclin for Deangelo Williams and then flip Williams for the AZ defense. Thoughts? I have no use for Maclin other than depth--got Megatron, Welker, Bowe, Wayne, and Colston in front of him.

This would effectively accomplish what BG suggested above (trade a WR instead of an RB), but via proxy.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #600
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
New wrinkle--I can trade Jeremy Maclin for Deangelo Williams and then flip Williams for the AZ defense. Thoughts? I have no use for Maclin other than depth--got Megatron, Welker, Bowe, Wayne, and Colston in front of him.

This would effectively accomplish what BG suggested above (trade a WR instead of an RB), but via proxy.
In a PPR with Welker and Wayne, you're golden this year. You add Megatron to that and you're definitely legit. I'd go for that where you can get Williams and flip him. Push comes to shove, you have a little more wiggle room to facilitate a deal for a defense with more depth.

That sounds like the best route. Your team is stacked.

Tags
all cadban all the time, cadban's imaginarium, psychic or pathological?, psychological!, return of the quack!, validate me!!