Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #1121
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Last week we had all 4 of our major teams playing...which was amazing...now we're down to two.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 PM   #1122
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Rangers in 8. Book it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #1123
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Rangers in 8. Book it.
you're a bum!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #1124
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
you're a bum!

I'm just trying to stay optimistic aight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #1125
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well...that was awesome. It was an awesome atmosphere; an awesome event. I loved almost every minute of being there.

Cliff was pretty damn good, but Lincecum was like nothing I've ever seen before in person. He was incredible. Every two strike count felt like a foregone conclusion.

That was place eerily silent after the home run. Just stunning. It looked and sounded like a casual flyball to left field. Elvis even pointed to the sky like you do on a routine popup. And it just kept going and going and going. Unbelievable.

Definitely a frustrating series offensively. Their pitchers are great and our hitters came back down to earth, for sure.

But all in all it was an incredible, magical run. Almost no one picked them to make the playoffs coming out of spring training. Think of all the things this team overcame:

We had the cocaine scandal. Josh and Vlad were coming off terrible seasons. Our opening day catcher played one game plus one at bat the next game and never suited up for us again. Our top two pitchers were out of the rotation by August and didn't pitch one game in the post season. Our opening day CF (and opening day lead off hitter) was a massive disappointment. We had darn near league-worst production at catcher and first base all year. Our closer blew up in front of our faces in the first two weeks and got replaced by a rookie. We had a bottom five payroll in the league and no money in the budget to make an acquisitions. We had the contentious, litigious ownership situation.

And through it all this team persevered and gave us a truly magical run. Be disappointed at the way it ended, for sure. My heart literally hurt seeing Rentaria round those bases. But let yourself, at some point, step back and remember where this team was and where it got to.

This was awesome.

Oh, and one last thing. To the stunningly large number of Ranger fans that left the stadium tonight in the top of the ninth with the Rangers down two freaking runs. To those people I say this: Die.In.A.Fire.

Go Rangers.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-01-2010 at 11:45 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #1126
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well...that was awesome. It was an awesome atmosphere; an awesome event. I loved almost every minute of being there.

Cliff was pretty damn good, but Lincecum was like nothing I've ever seen before in person. He was incredible. Every two strike count felt like a foregone conclusion.

That was place eerily silent after the home run. Just stunning. It looked and sounded like a casual flyball to left field. Elvis even pointed to the sky like you do on a routine popup. And it just kept going and going and going. Unbelievable.

Definitely a frustrating series offensively. Their pitchers are great and our hitters came back down to earth, for sure.

But all in all it was an incredible, magical run. Almost no one picked them to make the playoffs coming out of spring training. Think of all the things this team overcame:

We had the cocaine scandal. Josh and Vlad were coming off terrible seasons. Our opening day catcher played one game plus one at bat the next game and never suited up for us again. Our top two pitchers were out of the rotation by August and didn't pitch one game in the post season. Our opening day CF (and opening day lead off hitter) was a massive disappointment. We had darn near league-worst production at catcher and first base all year. Our closer blew up in front of our faces in the first two weeks and got replaced by a rookie. We had a bottom five payroll in the league and no money in the budget to make an acquisitions. We had the contentious, litigious ownership situation.

And through it all this team persevered and gave us a truly magical run. Be disappointed at the way it ended, for sure. My heart literally hurt seeing Rentaria round those bases. But let yourself, at some point, step back and remember where this team was and where it got to.

This was awesome.

Oh, and one last thing. To the stunningly large number of Ranger fans that left the stadium tonight in the top of the ninth with the Rangers down two freaking runs. To those people I say this: Die.In.A.Fire.

Go Rangers.
Great post, thiggy. I'm sad to hear about people leaving a freaking World Series game in the 9th inning.... wow. As much as it hurt, I watched the Giants celebrate because they are an easy team to like.

I am looking forward to see how the influx of cash is going to transform this team. They already have a great foundation, and this year they put the idea that pitchers can't perform in Arlington to bed. I am hoping this playoff run can attract some key free agents. But that is for later.

For now, I am proud of our team and what they accomplished. They all showed tremendous character and grit through sometimes unbelievably ridiculous circumstances.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #1127
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

I absolutely loved the "Let's go Rangers" chants just moments after the game had ended. Rangers fans > Cowboys fans and it's not even close. I am thrilled to have been able to attend a World Series game. Who knows when I may get the chance again. Despite the loss, the $ I spent to attend the final home game of the season was more than worth it. I went to about 20 games this year. And what sucks is that my regular season record was really good. Something like 12-4. But we lost all three playoff games I attended.

Thank you Rangers for making the last seven months a hell of a lot of fun. I'll see you in April. I will no doubt be renewing my season mini plan that I had this year.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #1128
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

....I'm so emotionally empty right now. I know that I won't be able to listen to sportstalk for a couple of weeks.. but hey, that's just the way baseball go.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #1129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
I absolutely loved the "Let's go Rangers" chants just moments after the game had ended. Rangers fans > Cowboys fans and it's not even close. I am thrilled to have been able to attend a World Series game. Who knows when I may get the chance again. Despite the loss, the $ I spent to attend the final home game of the season was more than worth it. I went to about 20 games this year. And what sucks is that my regular season record was really good. Something like 12-4. But we lost all three playoff games I attended.

Thank you Rangers for making the last seven months a hell of a lot of fun. I'll see you in April. I will no doubt be renewing my season mini plan that I had this year.
I was 0-3 for the playoffs as well.

The Let's Go Rangers chant after the final out was really cool. A few minutes later Chuck thanked the fans for their support a huge cheer went up.

My dad and I hung around for quite a while, and about 30 minutes after it was all over Wash came back onto the field to do an interview and those of us that were there (a few thousand I would guess) had gathered towards their dugout and gave him several ovations. There was also a Wash chant. It was really cool. He had to tip his cap about five times in five minutes before heading back into the clubhouse.

Also, four different Giants took time to leave their celebration to come over and shake his hand and give him a hug before he headed off. That dude is really, really respected amongst the players.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #1130
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
....I'm so emotionally empty right now. I know that I won't be able to listen to sportstalk for a couple of weeks.. but hey, that's just the way baseball go.
Yeah, you and me too.

I went into this thinking that it would be very easy to lose if we did but that definitely wasn't the case. It still hurt like hell watching SF run onto our field and celebrate.

Like Thiggy said, you really have to step back and look at what this team accomplished just to be in the damn final series, but still, it hurts all the more that they couldn't finish the story.

It's easy to sit here and say that we are well positioned to make a run at this for the next several years but the truth about baseball (and all sports for that matter) is that nothing is guaranteed.

I am still so proud of them, but it would've been nice to be both proud and happy at the end of this series.

Oh well, now our attention needs to turn to signing Cliff Lee to a long term contract. One bad game 1 and one bad pitch in game 5 does not make him any less of a stud. We wouldn't be in the World Series without him and he needs to be brought back.

If he comes back and Feliz possibly converts to a starter you would be talking about the following next year:

Lee
Wilson
Lewis
Holland
Feliz

Then you have SO many guys in the wings in the event that someone gets injured or struggles (Scheppers, Hunter, Feldman, Hurley, McCarthy, Harrison, etc...).

Sure, leaving Feliz as the closer of this team is likely the safe choice, but I think he can be so much more than that so here is hoping he gets a chance to show his stuff much like CJ did this year. Hell, Ogando or even Scheppers should be able to do a great job in this role.

Regarding the lineup, I think Vlad is gone and I HOPE MADLY that Young becomes the DH with someone like Adrian Beltre brought in to play 3B (though keeping Lee AND signing Beltre may be too much money for even our new ownership). Mitch played out of his mind this post season at 1B, but he made a few careless mistakes defensively and I still don't know that he will ever produce like you want to see a 1B produce. Then again, for the price/production, he will likely be the opening day starter.

The future is bright, but back to my original point, damn it would have been nice to have that bright future plus a World Series trophy to show for a lot of hard work this year. As LSB and Murphy pointed out though, that's just the way baseball go.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #1131
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Feliz converts to a starter this year. I expect it to be:
Lee
Wilson
Lewis
Holland
Hunter

I would love to see Hurley make his way back. But, I'm afraid that he still might be the better part of a season away from making it back to the Rangers if in fact he ever does. Harrison is an interesting guy. He actually has quite a bit to work with as far as stuff goes. It's just a matter of putting it all together. And with lefties, there seems to be a tendancy to take a little longer than it does with righties. I think he has good enough stuff to be a starter for many years at the big league level. It's just a matter of getting it done.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #1132
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Every two strike count felt like a foregone conclusion.
And it was so predictable too, which made it frustrating to watch on TV. Every time there were two strikes, you could put money on it that he was going to throw a change-up in the dirt. EVERY TIME. And every time we fell for it.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #1133
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of
Smile

Quote:

This was awesome.

Go Rangers.

This. +1

Awesome season...cant wait for next season!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #1134
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I was 0-3 too...rays game 3, yanks game 1, giants game 4.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #1135
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Rangers on a great season!

...and now it's time for the Mavs!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #1136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Daniels was already asked about Feliz last night. He stated pretty flatly that he'd be the closer next season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #1137
Murphy3
Guru

I'm ready for baseball season. I'm going to have to make a point of seeing Ross, Erlin, Scheppers, and Perez pitch in person this year.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #1138
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Each year for the past 10 years I would watch 30-40 games a year and maybe attend 5-10 games, but normally I would wait for the sports ticker on the bottom of the screen to see the Rangers team stats.

I was very familiar with our lineup due to their potential and simply being a resident of DFW....I knew they had talented hitters but I knew pitching wins games, but these players showed more heart than I have ever witnessed in any other team...Despite the distractions mentioned above, they pulled through and I liked that most of all.

This season started unlike any other with the media buzz and Nolan predicting 92 wins...I believed Nolan and knew this season would be more special than any other rangers season...so I watched alot, more baseball than I have in my entire life and became not just a casual fan anymore, but a real baseball fan for the first time in my life...this team will always hold a special place in my heart regardless of this seasons outcome. I have enjoyed every single last minute of this ride and and cannot wait for future Ranger seasons.

Go Rangers!!!
Mav/Ranger Addict

Last edited by Mav Addict; 11-02-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: had showed?...seriously?
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #1139
Murphy3
Guru

I caught part or all of 161 regular season games this year... and of course, all of the playoff/world series games. Yes, I love baseball.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #1140
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Very long season...took alot of my time to watch all these baseball games

Got a backlog of TV shows and video games to catch up on now Rangers and Cowboys are over...kinda relieved... alot of sports anxiety buildup from October...can finally exhale now, and maybe get more productive at work instead of worrying about the Rangers and Cowboys

only basketball now for me...
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #1141
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Daniels was already asked about Feliz last night. He stated pretty flatly that he'd be the closer next season.
Didn't catch that. I turned the channel just after watching the Giants run out to celebrate. I just couldn't bear watching that unfold at the time. I have it DVR'd and I will eventually get around to watching it but I couldn't last night.

Yeah, I mean obviously it is the safe choice. I guess to me I just look at CJ as a perfect example of how much more valuable you can be as a starter than as a reliever, especially when you have someone that could adequately fill your role (Frankie took his 8th inning role very well). I think Scheppers or Ogando personally could do a very good job at either the 8th inning role with Frankie back at closer or as the closer himself. To me, it is worth it, but I guess I am in the minority here.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #1142
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I caught part or all of 161 regular season games this year... and of course, all of the playoff/world series games. Yes, I love baseball.

Ditto bro...may not have been live but they were all watched...mostly DVR'd

Last edited by Mav Addict; 11-02-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #1143
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Didn't catch that. I turned the channel just after watching the Giants run out to celebrate. I just couldn't bear watching that unfold at the time. I have it DVR'd and I will eventually get around to watching it but I couldn't last night.

Yeah, I mean obviously it is the safe choice. I guess to me I just look at CJ as a perfect example of how much more valuable you can be as a starter than as a reliever, especially when you have someone that could adequately fill your role (Frankie took his 8th inning role very well). I think Scheppers or Ogando personally could do a very good job at either the 8th inning role with Frankie back at closer or as the closer himself. To me, it is worth it, but I guess I am in the minority here.
Frankie's far from a guarantee to be back. His injury might have lowered his value to the point that he accepts arbitration, but if not I think he's gone.

I think the bullpen is a larger question than the starting rotation going forward, regardless of the Lee outcome. There's no question that a #1-#3 starter is more valuable than a good closer, but for this team I think his spot is secure as the closer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #1144
sike
The Preacha

If the Rangers can't land Lee (Heaven forbid), are there any other stud Aces potentially available?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #1145
sike
The Preacha

CJ is doing an hr on Ben and Skin right now

Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #1146
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the Rangers can't land Lee (Heaven forbid), are there any other stud Aces potentially available?
Nope. Kevin Millwood is about as good as any as far as plan b goes....
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #1147
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Frankie's far from a guarantee to be back. His injury might have lowered his value to the point that he accepts arbitration, but if not I think he's gone.

I think the bullpen is a larger question than the starting rotation going forward, regardless of the Lee outcome. There's no question that a #1-#3 starter is more valuable than a good closer, but for this team I think his spot is secure as the closer.
If Frankie isn't back, I can agree that his best spot would be as a closer just so we don't have an extra hole to fill with people that haven't had to fill them before. I think he accepts arbitration though so I am expecting him back. With Frankie in tow, I just see Feliz starting as a luxury I would LOVE to have. Imagine that guy for 7 or 8 innings coming at you.

As far as this bullpen with big questions, I don't know that I agree. Guys just ran out of gas. We had great success but we just went to the well a little too much. We need better success from our starting pitchers to prevent the 3 inning Harden/Feldman-type starts that kill a bullpen.

It is kind of like needing a better rush up front in football. If you have a terrific line you can make a fairly mediocre secondary look good, if not spectacular at times. Likewise if you have well rested arms you will get the best of the bullpen's abilities all year long and, most important, in the playoffs.

I just want him to start just like I want Chris Davis to turn the damn corner. I guess neither one is going to happen so I will just have to accept that.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #1148
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Nope. Kevin Millwood is about as good as any as far as plan b goes....
been there, screw that.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #1149
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
CJ is doing an hr on Ben and Skin right now
Recap... Recap... Recap...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #1150
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trades... That's it.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #1151
alexamenos
Diamond Member

in my view, the biggest *if* next season is whether Lee return, the second biggest *if* is whether Hamilton will be Hamilton of '10 or '09....It's frighteningly conceivable that with a few injuries and whatnot we can't be assured of another mvp caliber season.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #1152
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
in my view, the biggest *if* next season is whether Lee return, the second biggest *if* is whether Hamilton will be Hamilton of '10 or '09....It's frighteningly conceivable that with a few injuries and whatnot we can't be assured of another mvp caliber season.
I don't see how we could expect similar numbers from Hamilton...this past season was just so insane. His productivity was just spectacular.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #1153
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway. Being Runner-up is quite good. Congrats Las Gigantes and Rangers !
Old 11-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #1154
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't see how we could expect similar numbers from Hamilton...this past season was just so insane. His productivity was just spectacular.
Maybe I should ask whether he'll hamilton of '08 or '09...I think that's a legit, number two concern for this team next year.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #1155
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Greinke is apparently quite available in a trade, but it would take an absurd killing. Holland + Perez + Beltre just to get the conversation rolling. They would also probably want Profar.

I've tried just ignoring everything for the last 12 hours. It's probably a little unhealthy to do so, but I really don't feel nearly as bad as I expected to. Probably because I'm comparing it to '06, and you really can't feel worse than we did in 2006. We had invested ourselves into 5 previous playoff runs to no avail, so it felt like the right time. This was just the Rangers' first.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #1156
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Maybe I should ask whether he'll hamilton of '08 or '09...I think that's a legit, number two concern for this team next year.
Don't get me wrong...you could talk me into taking the Hamilton of 2010 again.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1157
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was 0-3 for the playoffs as well.

The Let's Go Rangers chant after the final out was really cool. A few minutes later Chuck thanked the fans for their support a huge cheer went up.

My dad and I hung around for quite a while, and about 30 minutes after it was all over Wash came back onto the field to do an interview and those of us that were there (a few thousand I would guess) had gathered towards their dugout and gave him several ovations. There was also a Wash chant. It was really cool. He had to tip his cap about five times in five minutes before heading back into the clubhouse.

Also, four different Giants took time to leave their celebration to come over and shake his hand and give him a hug before he headed off. That dude is really, really respected amongst the players.
I wish I could have stayed for that. I was with my dad and we stayed for about 10 minutes after the game had ended before we had to leave. He had a class to teach this morning and had to get to bed. Otherwise I would have stayed there until they kicked me out.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #1158
mavspwnage
Golden Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.237dff5.html

Anybody going to this?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #1159
Murphy3
Guru

I'm not all that worried about the pen.
Feliz
O'Day
Ogando
Kirkman or Holland.. one may be in the rotation

That's a damn good start to a bullpen in my opinion.

I like Nippert as the long man just fine.
Scheppers is a strong possibility as well.

I'm not all that concerned about the pen. Ogando will be a fabulous 8th inning guy in my opinion. O'Day is solid, just had a rough couple outings in the post season, but the guy has been money since coming over to the Rangers.

With the Rangers collection of arms, the pen will be just fine.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-03-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #1160
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm not sure if this is in response to me, but if so, I want to clarify and say I'm not concerned about the pen, I just think it's a bigger question mark than the rotation, which is why I don't want to mess with Feliz there right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game